News: Duchene intrigued by free-agency route after watching Tavares

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
I'm guessing Mark Stone to the Dallas Stars somewhere around the deadline. Matt Duchene to Nashville at the deadline.

I think the Jets take a year of Duchene and 2 years of Anderson ideally before Xmas they have just enough cap they can get him for 70+ games +Playoffs to play with Laine and Ehlers I like Little but he is not a top 6 F going forward. If they expect to match up with any of the other contenders the 2C position and 2LD needs to improve even if it's one year rentals. After Morrissey they are to thin , Anderson gives them insurance should Connor struggle get injured or fatigue. Without both they take a step back the Center depth on other contenders is too deep and that would improve FO ability as well as matchup problems, the price shouldent be steep as Ottawa is looking to shed cap , I think at the Deadline will be to late . Without Duchene or comparable to start the season they regress this year.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Duchenes spent his entire career on train wrecks hopefully he can go somewhere competitive. the one year the avs were good he was excellent.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Duchenes spent his entire career on train wrecks hopefully he can go somewhere competitive. the one year the avs were good he was excellent.
With the Jets for the majority of the season he hits career highs without a doubt and they are a top 3 FO team .

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Either Matt Duchene gets trade or he decides to go somewhere better during next free agency.
I wouldn’t sign 8 year deal with OtT.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Sens should trade both stone and duchene early in the season for first round picks plus...to teams that they perceive as pretenders so they can get a couple lottery picks. Do it earlier before the list of trade partners decrease as their playoff positions are cemented.

Theres zero chance either player stays.

Reactions: Taras

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Ottawa traded Karlsson, Turris,Brassard, Thompson and Phaneuf. Pageau is going to be out 4 to 6 months with a torn Achilles, Anderson asked for a trade this summer and Mark Stone only signed 1 year. By all means do you really think Duchene and Stone are gonna wanna resign with this team who can't fill up the seats,ownership as bad as it could get, and with a team that is not going to win anytime soon? I say they should be traded at the deadline or go to Free Agency.

Reactions: derriko

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Ottawa traded Karlsson, Turris,Brassard, Thompson and Phaneuf. Pageau is going to be out 4 to 6 months with a torn Achilles, Anderson asked for a trade this summer and Mark Stone only signed 1 year. By all means do you really think Duchene and Stone are gonna wanna resign with this team who can't fill up the seats,ownership as bad as it could get, and with a team that is not going to win anytime soon? I say they should be traded at the deadline or go to Free Agency.
Might as well move the Sens to Quebec if they're not going to get a new arena.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I'll laugh if he sucks it up with the sens then comes home. Imagine this

Matthew's, JT, Duchene, Kadri (though Kadri would be dealt to help land a grade A RHD..unless Dermott kills it. But money wise Kadri though cheap would have to go in favor of Lindholm.

I know this is a fantasy but its be hilarious

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
I'll laugh if he sucks it up with the sens then comes home. Imagine this

Matthew's, JT, Duchene, Kadri (though Kadri would be dealt to help land a grade A RHD..unless Dermott kills it. But money wise Kadri though cheap would have to go in favor of Lindholm.

I know this is a fantasy but its be hilarious

Cap might be an issue Kadri is locked in for 4 more years at $4.5 Duchene makes $6.0 as A UFA and will be looking for a raise. So 2-3 million that can be better used to help pay the Top RHD they eventually aquire in the near future . Or one of the remaining RFAs. Its gotta be 1 of 4 teams Jets,Preds,Canes,Flames every other threat is set for C as far I can tell .

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
a team will always overpay to get a star for no asset cost. it's just very risky to go your final season without a deal, knowing an injury could end it all. Nevermind the stress of playing hard in the playoffs knowing one hit and you can lose a season or more due to an injury.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
At the time of the trade though, weren't they still, at least in the standings, an average team? Coming off a trip to Game 7 OT in the 3rd round.

Now, with everything that's happened since that trade, it looks like it could be one of those trades people bring up for the next 20 years.

I'm sure the Sens weren't thinking, we'll have to choose between the 4th overall pick this year, and maybe the 1st overall pick next year. At worst, they probably figured they'd barely miss the playoffs, and the pick would be around 15, and nobody will remember we gave it to Colorado. Then if they suck this year, at least they have their own pick, and whatever they get back for Duchene as a rental.

If I remember correctly, they only made the decision to keep the 4th overall pick on the draft floor so they did in fact have the option to keep their 2019 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad