News: Duchene intrigued by free-agency route after watching Tavares

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
He said he wants to re sign in Ottawa, if he wanted to walk why would he say that?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
giphy.gif

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Matt Duchene's tenure in Ottawa could wind up being very brief, as the 2019 unrestricted free agent confirmed to reporters Friday that he and the Senators haven't had any contract talks yet.”

That’s ridiculous. I get that EK is priority, but he alone isn’t a 24/7 job. How do you not at least get talks started with Duchene?

False, Dorion skype call's EK every night: "So, whatcha doinnnnn? How was your day? No you hang up. I don't want to hang up. You. No, you. Ok sweet dreams, text me when you wake up"

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
not a surprise based on how awful the ottawa organization seems to be right now from top to bottom. The best thing ottawa has going for them is the talent on the team, and that could change real quick.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Matt Duchene's tenure in Ottawa could wind up being very brief, as the 2019 unrestricted free agent confirmed to reporters Friday that he and the Senators haven't had any contract talks yet.”

That’s ridiculous. I get that EK is priority, but he alone isn’t a 24/7 job. How do you not at least get talks started with Duchene?

This is why it’s important to have an assistant GM

Reactions: iSophagus

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

Pretty sure that if Ottawa can't get Karlsson done then they don't want to extend Duchene anyway.

They'll be looking to sell him for future assets at that point.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Inspired by Tavares, he's Free Agency bound, so he can live his childhood dream... and play for his favourite team growing up.

Amirite?

If he's playing in the Tr91tor way he's already messed up by saying he's interested in Free Agency lol. He needs to say the exact opposite for the next 9 months and then do a 180.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad