News: Duchene intrigued by free-agency route after watching Tavares

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Best thread title / article title in years. So funny.

Poor Ottawa fans. It's almost not funny anymore.

Almost...

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
He may very well already have his eyes on the Habs. He will be a definite net gain talent-wise, but considering the controversy he's already stirred, Montreal will eat him alive.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Treliving has wanted you for like 2/3 seasons. You know he’ll be getting a call from Tre this summer. Outside of Avs and Sakic everything, you got any of them Iggy posters laying around?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
as A Habs fan I wouldn’t mind making a play for Duchene in free agency. I’d even go long term on him but the cost would have to be right. Something around 7 years at 7 mil would be good for both sides. He’s nowhere near Tavares but he’d at least be our first solid centremen. If we lose or finally trade Patches I’d rather pay this for Duchene than him

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
He'll be leaving Ottawa to get out of a complete tire fire. Why would he jump head first into another one in Montreal? The guy gets to pick where he wants to go. He's not turning away a shit sandwich just to scarf down a turd casserole.

Reactions: Go Wings

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What, are they trying to trade him? I’d think that basically be suicide for Dorion. You can’t take a bath on two Duchene trades in one 12 month period.
The ownership situation in Ottawa is in the process of being changed.

The lack of negotiations with EK, Duchene and the 1 year deal for Stone are not business as usual.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Hopefully Tavares leaving the Isles causes other big name UFAs to start leaving when the time comes as well.

Pretty sick of seeing all the good players re-sign with their team 95% of the time.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Duchene's a good hockey player. Especially if he doesn't have to be the #1C on a team. Nashville will be very lucky to have him.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
He got the isles further than anybody has gotten the leafs in during his career
And now he'll finally raise a cup since the team he joined isn't a perennial tire fire.
They've made the playoffs in consecutive years without him.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Maybe hel go back to Colorado, the only reason he requested a trade was because he thought they were rebuilding. Now I bet he would be happy to play for his favorite team growing up. Sakic would look like such a genius getting Duchene back after the return he got for him.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Maybe hel go back to Colorado, the only reason he requested a trade was because he thought they were rebuilding. Now I bet he would be happy to play for his favorite team growing up. Sakic would look like such a genius getting Duchene back after the return he got for him.
I doubt that will ever happen. His childhood dream of playing for the Avs is pretty much shattered forever.

Roy and Sakic were his 2 favorite players growing up and both of them shit all over Duchene for an extended period of time, while saying they did not want him and actively trying to trade him for like 2 years.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I as well am intrigued by the free agency route after seeing what Tavares got, and I plan to explore the open market next July.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad