The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Matthews most common linemates this year

Kapanen: 365 minutes
Marleau: 334 minutes
Johnsson: 160 minutes
Nylander: 96 minutes
Like I said, PP with 4 other high-end offensive players.
Kapanen and Nylander are all-stars from my chats on this board.

And why don't you take a look at the garbage Draisaitl plays with outside McDavid. Even with McDavid, the 3rd member of their line is terrible.

Draisaitl is the only player who gets as much hate as he does for his linemate.
Marner-Tavares, Mackinnon-Rantanen-Landeskog, Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta, Wheeler-Scheifele-Connor, Ovi-Backstrom/Kunzy, Benn-Seguin, Barkov-Huberdeau-Dadonov, Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm.
McDavid does help Draisaitl, no one is arguing that, but why is it such a negative when there are many stars players who are propped up more than Leon is.
Yeah he's a 60 point center when he plays with Lucic and Rattie, and honestly, I'm surprised he puts up as much offense as he does in that scenario. Anyone not named McDavid would struggle MASSIVELY in the situation Draisaitl and RNH are put into every day as 2C.
I have 0 doubt if you threw Draisaitl in as Winnipeg's 1C he would look damn good.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Now do Matthews PPG away from Nylander, Marner, and Tavares. Oh wait he almost always has one of those guys, as well as playing with all of them on the PP.

Leafs pp is trash this year and Matthews plays with marleau, brown, Hyman and Kapanen. Nylander is garbage apparently to HF anyways. Don’t try and outsmart me on my own team I watch. Fail. Draisaitl is glued to McDavid PP and 5v5.

Thanks for the laugh :laugh:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
People overrate the f*** out of contracts. There's only X amount of dollars to go around, might as well spend the majority of it on great players. If you don't, you'll just spend it on trash like Lucic.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Leafs pp is trash this year and Matthews plays with marleau, brown, Hyman and Kapanen. Nylander is garbage apparently to HF anyways. Don’t try and outsmart me on my own team I watch. Fail. Draisaitl is glued to McDavid PP and 5v5.

Thanks for the laugh :laugh:
I'll just paste what I said to the other guy:

And why don't you take a look at the garbage Draisaitl plays with outside McDavid. Even with McDavid, the 3rd member of their line is terrible.
Marner-Tavares, Mackinnon-Rantanen-Landeskog, Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta, Wheeler-Scheifele-Connor, Ovi-Backstrom/Kunzy, Benn-Seguin, Barkov-Huberdeau-Dadonov, Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm.
McDavid does help Draisaitl, no one is arguing that, but why is it such a negative when there are many stars players who are propped up more than Leon is.
Yeah he's a 60 point center when he plays with Lucic and Rattie, and honestly, I'm surprised he puts up as much offense as he does in that scenario. Anyone not named McDavid would struggle MASSIVELY in the situation Draisaitl and RNH are put into every day as 2C.
I have 0 doubt if you threw Draisaitl in as Winnipeg's 1C he would look damn good.

Also, you keep laughing bud, Matthews is the one with such a terrible contract he is being compared to Draisaitl who is a joke of a player in your eyes.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Id rather have Matthews but at the contract difference I'd take drai time and time again.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014

Also, you keep laughing bud, Matthews is the one with such a terrible contract he is being compared to Draisaitl who is a joke of a player in your eyes.

There’s no such thing as a bad contract when it’s an elite #1 centre at the age of 21. He helped turn the worst team in the league into a playoff team S. rookie.

Savings money would lead to more overpaid complementary players with contracts like Lucic and Eriksson.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014

There’s no such thing as a bad contract when it’s an elite #1 centre at the age of 21. He helped turn the worst team in the league into a playoff team S. rookie.

Savings money would lead to more overpaid complementary players with contracts like Lucic and Eriksson.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I chose the one that doesn't need McDavid to be good,even if overpaid and injury prone

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Draisaitl is a 50 point centre that might score 20 goals when centring his own line.

The oilers have to play him on McDavids wing to try and justify that horrible contract. That’s how bad it is. Oilers would rather have 1 line and keep losing just so they can try and justify this garbage contract :laugh:
In McDavid's rookie season when he missed 45 games because he was injured, Draisaitl only had a total of 51 points in 72 games since he could not ride shotgun with McDavid.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Another flawed post. True production is PPG. Knocking Matthews for injuries is fair, but the 70 point is a lazy argument.

When has drai ever been “the man” on his line and been productive? He’s only produced when someone better then him was on his line i.e Taylor Hall and McDavid. When he’s the best player on his line he doesn’t produce, simple as that.
the 70 point argument is true.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Another flawed post. True production is PPG. Knocking Matthews for injuries is fair, but the 70 point is a lazy argument.
Let's say hypothetically that this season Matthews finishes with 79 points. Are those same people who always bashed him for not getting 70 points now say how come he couldn't get 80 points? I get this feeling that same thing will happen again if Matthews gets 79 points.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
In McDavid's rookie season when he missed 45 games because he was injured, Draisaitl only had a total of 51 points in 72 games since he could not ride shotgun with McDavid.

You do know that McDavid and Draisaitl didn’t play with each other during McDavids rookie year, right?

Doing a little bit of research helps.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You do know that McDavid and Draisaitl didn’t play with each other during McDavids rookie year, right?

Doing a little bit of research helps.
Even if they did not play together I think that only proves my point that without ridding shotgun with McDavid, it showed that Draisaitl needed him to get his points.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Bull ****. You know exactly what your point was and now you’re back peddling.
How am I back peddling? It's a fact that Draisaitl got 51 points in 2016 without playing the majority of time with McDavid since he was injured and missed 45 games. The next season when they are on the same line Draisaitl gets 77 points ridding shotgun with him.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
70+ point seasons:
Player A: 2
Player B: 0

Top 10 point finishes:
Player A: 1
Player B: 0

The season Draisaitl is currently having also is better than any season Matthews has had by a significant margin.

The biggest thing is the UFA years though.

Playing with the league's best producer: 1

Fixed that for you and that 70 point crap is humorous. That's all based on injuries nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad