NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
When I create a goalie and put them on my custom team, they get the generic equipment. Created special leg guards and all that, but whatever I do (keep colors when traded yes/no, goalie use team colors yes/no), it still uses the team pads. Never had this issue in NHL 18 and 17 Hope EA will fix this with the first gameplay update.

Btw, I'm not a fan of the new skating system, it feels fake. But maybe I need some more time to get used to it.

Oh yeah, and the colors in create a player/team are strange. Blonde hair is suddenly dark brown, pale faces look black in game and so on.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This happens way too many times in HUT '19. Completely dominated the game... he gets 4 absolutely terrible goals and my guys miss the net about 20 times wide open in front. I don't get it

Attachments

• NHLBroken.JPG
    NHLBroken.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 21

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Why is Brady Tkachuk not in the game but Kotkaniemi is?
Because Tkachuk played in the NCAA last season, a league that EA NHL doesn't have rights to, and Kotkaniemi played in Liiga, a league that EA NHL does have rights to.

In order for Tkachuk to be used for NHL media/marketing purposes (of which the EA NHL game is part of), he has to meet specific qualifications. The NHLPA requires that he play a minimum of 1 regular season game and the PHPA (union for AHL/ECHL) requires that he sign a waiver form.

Reactions: haveandare

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
I can't even play EASHL anymore. 3/6 games I've played this weekend are disconnection losses. We were winning 2 of them in the 3rd, and now was just tied in the 3rd in a recent one. I'm done with this shit.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
Because Tkachuk played in the NCAA last season, a league that EA NHL doesn't have rights to, and Kotkaniemi played in Liiga, a league that EA NHL does have rights to.

In order for Tkachuk to be used for NHL media/marketing purposes (of which the EA NHL game is part of), he has to meet specific qualifications. The NHLPA requires that he play a minimum of 1 regular season game and the PHPA (union for AHL/ECHL) requires that he sign a waiver form.
Sup noob

Reactions: n00bxQb

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I can't even play EASHL anymore. 3/6 games I've played this weekend are disconnection losses. We were winning 2 of them in the 3rd, and now was just tied in the 3rd in a recent one. I'm done with this ****.
I don't know if it's true or if it was also a problem in 18, but I saw some people talking on a league site saying there might be a pause glitch and that it's easy for people to IP boot this year as well.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
I don't know if it's true or if it was also a problem in 18, but I saw some people talking on a league site saying there might be a pause glitch and that it's easy for people to IP boot this year as well.
I guess it's possible. I haven't gotten all these DCL's before this weekend though. It was fine in the 40 or so EASHL games before it.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

So Brady will most likely be in the game after the first roster update? Isn’t it usually after a week into the season?

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
So Brady will most likely be in the game after the first roster update? Isn’t it usually after a week into the season?

He'll be in the game after the roster update so long as he's played at least one game in the NHL by then.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
He’ll be on the ice for the first game for sure. When does the update usually drop?
It’s varied a bit in recent years but it’s usually 1 or 2 weeks after the season starts.

I’d guess some time between October 9 and October 19.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Just got an xbox one, and was wondering if I should go with the cheaper 18 or the new 19. I'm a - Complete- nhl video game noob

Just my opinion, but if you’ve waited this long, may as well hold off a few weeks for Black Friday. Will probably drop to $40 to $50 by then for NHL 19. Honestly, it’s more just for the updated rosters because nothing new is coming for NHL 18.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Just got an xbox one, and was wondering if I should go with the cheaper 18 or the new 19. I'm a - Complete- nhl video game noob

Get 19 for a few reasons

- gameplay is actually better
- more people playing NHL19 now meaning easier to find fair games
- player attributes will be more accurate than last year. not sure what team you are a fan of but its nice when the new games come out to see certain breakout players with better skill, for example Heinen on the B's kind of came out of nowhere and with the new game his skill is more accurate

Also NHL 18 won't be dirt cheap for probably another year. You could probably buy it for maybe 20 bucks cheaper or so, but its worth that to get the latest especially if its your first

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The skating makes a tremendous difference in gameplay. I'm having fun playing, after much time.

However, I have one big complaint with the stick-check. It is completely broken. I get they try to make it realistic but they have gone overboard, they need to tune down the effectiveness of it ASAP.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The skating makes a tremendous difference in gameplay. I'm having fun playing, after much time.

However, I have one big complaint with the stick-check. It is completely broken. I get they try to make it realistic but they have gone overboard, they need to tune down the effectiveness of it ASAP.
Yeah, skating and hitting are both very much improved. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Players actually "change gears" for lack of a better term now, which is really cool and makes you think about when you want to start sprinting and where you want to break through the D before you actually start.

For hitting, the little incidental type contact actually registers and can knock the puck off sticks now, which is great. I leaned wayyy too heavily on the poke check in 18 without really realizing it because it was the only way to get the puck from someone in a lot of situations. Now that it's a penalty like 99% of time and smaller hits actually work, everything is a lot more realistic and fun.

Reactions: mhart1 and hatcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad