NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Just playing a little bit and I really do not like the stick checking leading to a penalty 99% of the time.

I get the whole issue with people relying on it in the past, but they went too far with it. Especially when the majority of the time in the NHL a backchecker has the stick on the player to act as some sort of disruption, even if they aren't going for the puck or stick.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I had a 30-0 record in versus and i was in a middle of a game winning 2-0 got disconected from the service for no reason, i was livid.

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Just playing a little bit and I really do not like the stick checking leading to a penalty 99% of the time.

I get the whole issue with people relying on it in the past, but they went too far with it. Especially when the majority of the time in the NHL a backchecker has the stick on the player to act as some sort of disruption, even if they aren't going for the puck or stick.
In a perfect world, the game would be balanced and people would play the game as intended... and maybe they could get away with making using the stick so debilitating. As it stands though, the game (Online Versus at least) is just a back and forth of who's better at abusing the mechanics, and not being able to poke check outside of the absolute safest times (and even still getting penalized when your stick is nowhere near their feet sometimes) is just one less way to combat that.

So this is more of a victory for exploiters/abusers because it opens up the game more than ever for them to keep doing what they're doing... not so much for people who think no more spamming poke check equals a better game of hockey.

I mean, better hockey did happen initially in the beta and it was pretty fun, but apparently it didn't take long after release for people to realize that EA gave the cheese highway a few extra lanes.

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
EASHL Drop Ins is totally broken and unplayable for me. I have been trying since release at least a few times whenever I play (a few days weekly) to get into a drop in and the lobby continues to crash or players lag out or whatever, I have only gotten into 1 f***ing game this entire time and it disconnected after 1 period. EASHL is the main reason I bought the game so its very frustrating

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Somethings happened recently that made this game go to hell again. Haven't been paying attention to patches but online plays horrible again.

I can't stand how dependent they've made the AI in this game. Online is a battle of who has better AI for the game and you can't play as an inferior team or else you're just handicapping yourself. Me trying to play as someone different like Colorado or Florida stand little chance to playing a team like SJ or Winnipeg.

My favorite too is when you actually do make a nice play but you can't get around the defender to actually get the puck. He somehow knew you were going to steal it and is already turning around by the time the puck is off his stick.

EA gonna EA.

mccabe2424

Jul 28, 2013
Toronto
Waiting for this as well so I can start editing players (which took me around 50 hours in NHL 18 to edit nearly every single player lol)

I'm just waiting to actually start my franchise mode some players I'm waiting for don't even exist in the game yet

Reactions: Jesse86436

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
It's also unbelieveable how EA screws up the switching players year after year. In NHL 18, they finally went on the right track, it was a lot easier to toggle between players who were off-puck but this year it is just a disaster. How difficult can it be?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I feel like scoring goals is way too easy in this game (I only play EASHL, and am almost always a center), although I'm not sure if it's just because it suits my type of game. I'm at about an even split this year for goals/assists, which is unheard of for me (I've always been a very selective shooter, and basically just relied on my passing to rack up points). I'm shooting a bit more than normal (whenever I compared stats to others in previous years, without fail I'd be at the bottom for shots per game), but not by a lot. I basically only shoot when it's a one-timer, a breakaway, or if I'm in close and look off a pass to snipe.

Difference is that in previous years, I think I was low-to-mid-30s for shooting %, and now this year I'm over 50%. I never glitch-goal, all of my stat perks are catered towards defense and passing, and I always use a two-way forward build. I think it's just because of how easy it is to pot one-timers this year.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
A bit more difficult to score and the CPU now takes fewer shots after the patch? Anyone else experience this?

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
A bit more difficult to score and the CPU now takes fewer shots after the patch? Anyone else experience this?

I don't know spectra, but what I do know is that CPU shoots like shit. I play with an 50 OVR team against a CPU 70 OVR team on superstar and cpu difficulty adjustment 6/6, attribute effects on max and the CPU still dont know how to score on my 57 goalie on 40 plus shots. Super annoying. Have to experiment with the sliders for a while once again. Same thing every year.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Did they fix exapnsion mode? like can you use custom rosters or are you stuck using the default rosters when you start a new one?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Has there been a roster update yet?

We will likely have to wait until all teams have completed 10 games or so, just like every year. They like to see which rookies are sent down after the 9 games, rosters being finalized, etc.

So, if years past are any indication, we can expect an update in 2-3 weeks.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I think it's a disgrace that there is no NHL 19 on PC. Last NHL on PC was NHL 09. I bought new gaming PC in March 2017 and there is still no NHL on PC. Unbelievable. Hopefully NHL will return soon to PC, I don't think they will release 19, but with NHL 20 they should come back on PC.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
This is the worst NHL game I've ever played. Absolute dog ****. Feel robbed.

I've never been one of those EA complainers. I've ALWAYS enjoyed the game. This one is absolutely horrible though.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's kind of frustrating how many drop-in games start without 6 players. It's better than it was before the update, where I couldn't even find a game, but it's been noticeably worse this year.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’ve never said this before about an NHL game, but this is unplayable.

All I play is offline franchise mode and every single game is 2-1 or 1-0. And before anyone says it’s because I suck at offense, I never had this problem with NHL 18. In the last game, scores would vary from game to game.

This year, I’m averaging less than 2 goals for and less than 2 goals against after 25 games, and I’ve adjusted the sliders to try to get more offense. Shot accuracy and power are both at 65, goaltending sliders are down to 45. Yet, every game is extremely low scoring. I can’t even get the CPU to score on me consistently even from high quality areas while playing intentionally bad defense.

Does anyone know of slider settings that balance out the offense/defense and allow for more varied scores? It seems that no matter what I do to the sliders both me and the CPU just can’t score. Defense and goaltending are way too overpowered in this game.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
i love it when i pass to the open point just for it to hit my player in the foot (as he makes no attempt to pick it up and stands there) and the other team goes on a breakaway.
- It takes 3 attempts to select the guy closest to the puck at times.
-When i'm losing faceoffs and decide not to cover the puck, i let it go and instead of selecting the player next to the goalie, it selects the person FURTHEST from the puck.
-infinite stick lift attempts.
-my 5'10 sniper hits like a truck, meanwhile my 6'6 pwf can't hang onto the puck to save his life
- it seems as if cross crease passes through two of my players only work AGAINST me.
-guy comes charging at me and as soon as i pass, he not only injures my player but also manages to intercept the puck that is 10 feet away from him.
- how about those awful breakouts? I'll attempt to pass up to my fwd and just as i pass it, he skates away from the pass and it goes for icing.

and so much more utter bullshit.

BTW...I also somehow managed to take a faceoff with 2 f***ing players on the ice.

This game is beyond garbage, but i play it anyway because there is no other game to play for me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad