NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Instead of September, I really wish the new NHL dropped in mid June, around the 20th
It would be cool to play the draft and free Agency stuff before it actually happens in Franchise, see where it ends up compared to reality. Then after free Agency they could just keep doing roster updates for contracts and stuff.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Not really a huge fan of the people in Online Versus who spend the entire game making these hail mary plays like picking corners from the top of the circle, shots and passes from behind the red line that obviously aren't real attempts just kinda praying for a rebound or "physics" to pick up the slack, etc. I mean, I get it if you're down a goal or two and nothing else is working... but as your primary go-to strategy? Hard to blame them when EA makes the random bullshit luck route so appealing.

Also, nice to see all the Blues fans finally picking the game up. Played three people in a row who picked St Louis after basically never playing against one all season. I'm sure they're huge Blues fans, and not just pricks looking for an edge by picking the highly rated Cup champs. Signed, the guy who picks the Sabres no matter how shitty they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
they literally make ZERO changes from year to year

I played NHL 19 at the Caps game and it was JUST like NHL 16/17/18

The gameplay is literally identical. It is pathetic how lazy EA has gotten! Even the scoreboard is the same. Presentation and Commentary the same. The only thing different is the background on the menus :laugh:

"Waffleboarded!"

Hockey is hockey, but if you played the game and were an Advanced level player in HUT you would notice a lot of changes. There was a big leap even from NHL 18 to NHL 19.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
NHL 19 is $26 on PSN for the next couple of days. I haven’t played since NHL 17. I’m an almost exclusively offline player, who most recently has taken a liking to playing franchise mode, building a team from nothing and simming the entire season/playoffs just to see what happens. I will probably end up playing be a pro mode as well.

My question for anyone willing to answer: should I bother buying it? Should i just wait until NHL 20 comes out? Are there any major improvements from 17-19 in the modes I mentioned, or is it essentially just roster changes?

Thanks in advance!

Most of the game innovation is tailored around EASHL and HUT. It's online these days unless all you want to do is build a team and draft. Playing the CPU is not challenging, other than don't let them get shots because majority of them go in.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Instead of September, I really wish the new NHL dropped in mid June, around the 20th
It would be cool to play the draft and free Agency stuff before it actually happens in Franchise, see where it ends up compared to reality. Then after free Agency they could just keep doing roster updates for contracts and stuff.

I'm sure HUT 19 will take advantage of Free Agency. Seems they are doing all they can this year to make players spend. The amount of 99 cards is ridiculous.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah. So
I'm sure HUT 19 will take advantage of Free Agency. Seems they are doing all they can this year to make players spend. The amount of 99 cards is ridiculous.
Yeah. So glad I hated HUT the time I tried it, and ignore the mode lol.
I'm still pissed they won't put connected franchise back in

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I tired playing HUT this year, and it's god awful. If you don't buy packs, you're f***ed

For the record, I play Madden's FUT, and it's fun. The offline challenges actually have themes and what not, and aren't the same repetitive "play an entire game intentionally getting penalties so you can a shorthanded goal, and oh, that breakaway goal you just scored doesn't count as a breakaway goal for some reason"

I didn't buy a single pack with my own money and Madden and built up a very good team. Love the idea of being able to quick sell different cards for training points, in order to upgrade other cards overall.

The NHL series doesn't even do HUT right.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I tired playing HUT this year, and it's god awful. If you don't buy packs, you're ****ed

For the record, I play Madden's FUT, and it's fun. The offline challenges actually have themes and what not, and aren't the same repetitive "play an entire game intentionally getting penalties so you can a shorthanded goal, and oh, that breakaway goal you just scored doesn't count as a breakaway goal for some reason"

I didn't buy a single pack with my own money and Madden and built up a very good team. Love the idea of being able to quick sell different cards for training points, in order to upgrade other cards overall.

The NHL series doesn't even do HUT right.
If you played HUT from release, you could easily have a team full of >90 ovr legends right now. Between challenges and rewards packs it's the easiest it's ever been to get a good team

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If you played HUT from release, you could easily have a team full of >90 ovr legends right now. Between challenges and rewards packs it's the easiest it's ever been to get a good team

I have played it since release. The point isn't about getting a good team. It's about the mode itself. The challenges suck and are repetitive. The Madden ones are much better. There's stories to them. You aren't playing full games.

In the NHL you need to buy packs or you're behind. It's a true pay to win situation. I have played it since release. I don't play every day, and log in twice a day to get the monthly collectibles to get every monthly legend like you need to. I got roughly every second one. I'd save up for a month, trade them in the next month, and work from there.

Funny enough, they took that away for June, so you can't even do that...

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So, any way to download an updated, post July 1, roster? I know ea won’t put one out, but I wasn’t sure if there was a way to download rosters from other users.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Since nobody in the NHL 20 thread answered i'll ask here:

I havent bought a game in years so i'm not even sure what leagues they have anymore in the game but will Kakko who played in the Liiga league last year and Kravtsov who played in the KHL last year be in the game with their names? Or do I have to still wait for the silly rule where they have to play an NHL game first?

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Since nobody in the NHL 20 thread answered i'll ask here:

I havent bought a game in years so i'm not even sure what leagues they have anymore in the game but will Kakko who played in the Liiga league last year and Kravtsov who played in the KHL last year be in the game with their names? Or do I have to still wait for the silly rule where they have to play an NHL game first?

Kakko should be on the game because he played in a league that EA has the rights to. It's mostly KHL, college and USNDTP guys that won't be on the game until they play in the NHL or AHL.

Matthews and Laine were both on NHL 16 (released before being drafted) and obviously got a ratings bump up when NHL 17 came out.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
AHL requires a waiver to be signed, so it can sometimes take frustratingly long before a player can legally be included.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AHL requires a waiver to be signed, so it can sometimes take frustratingly long before a player can legally be included.

It took Jeremy Bracco like two years to be put in after going to Kitchener and then the Marlies

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
It took Jeremy Bracco like two years to be put in after going to Kitchener and then the Marlies
I believe it was Joel Armia before him that took a year or two to be put back in the game after coming over from Europe.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Usually not one to try and get involved in drama, or even try to report/expose someone for that matter. But want this guy to be stopped before he gets away with more free Wins off other people...

Was going into the game, and buddy had 2 controllers, don't even know if you're allowed to play w/ 2 controllers online (I know their is offline couch co-op, I haven't played NHL online in HUT in years)... he wasn't playing for thre first minute, and then my PS4 got an error code, and was booted out of NHL.... lol. And happened to the guy before me, and am talking to him now. Definitely something fishy going on.

Assuming he is going to see how far he can get w/ these 'hacked-win's'... as his team name is 'Div1 LOL'.... Already reported.

70466820_1200892970107551_661371723169398784_n.jpg

69872574_449808418959551_7349461802561830912_n.jpg

71084380_2312269082421673_220602735936929792_n.jpg

70950945_363549697928552_7244780328433221632_n.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Beware!!!!

His gamertag is CoRe_Adren

69669074_804261343321648_9123544588735217664_n.jpg

Thanks

*EDIT:

70395347_772587056493139_8753688981893283840_n.jpg

Is this isn't proof, then I don't know what is...
I rest my case.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad