NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

JLFGoNicsGo11

Apr 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
We will likely have to wait until all teams have completed 10 games or so, just like every year. They like to see which rookies are sent down after the 9 games, rosters being finalized, etc.

So, if years past are any indication, we can expect an update in 2-3 weeks.
Definitely didn’t take that long last year

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Definitely didn’t take that long last year

The first Roster Update last year was released on the 19th of October.

"We have updated NHL rosters to reflect the current lineups in the NHL, National League A, Swedish Hockey League (SHL), Liiga, Allsvenskan, Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (EBEL)"

NHL 18 October Roster Update

The BIG roster update was released on the 16th of November.

"We have updated NHL rosters to reflect the current lineups in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NLA, DEL, LIIGA, SHL and EXTRALIGA. "

November 16th Roster Update NHL® 18 - EA SPORTS

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
So, is the game worth buying if i have NHL 18?

I play Franchise and BaP mostly.
Franchise is much improved imo, BaP I haven't played much because I heard it's mostly the same and it was pretty bad in 18.

It's worth it you really enjoy playing franchise mode and have the money to spare. Scouting and drafting is a lot better and the game mechanics in general have improved a good bit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
IMO there is no Be-A-Pro mode in NHL. Like there is one there, but it's very very bad, no work gets done to it, and I don't know anyone who actually plays it. So I don't consider it apart of the game. If you buy a home, and the fireplace doesn't work, do you actually have a fireplace? Not really.

Franchise is a ton better though IMO. The scouting and drafting overhauls the past couple years have improved it greatly. They need to start adding more depth now though. The goal should be to create a hockey world in Franchise. So if I want to be the GM of an OHL team, I should be allowed. Or an SHL team, etc. All the playoffs, and drafts and what not should be intigrated. It will take quiet a few years, but that should be the journey we start to see.

Some easy stuff; add some interactive trade deadline thing. It's one of the biggest days for a franchise every year. Make the all-star game playable.

Reactions: haveandare

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Roster Update Is Out.

Notable Players Not In The Game;
- Filip Zadina
- Jeremy Bracco
- Drake Batherson
- Ilya Samsonov
- Connor Timmons
- Nicolas Hague
- Cliff Pu

The reason? AHL rookies need to sign waivers to be in the game. They are typically re-added to the game in the next roster update, but Jeremy Bracco has been in the AHL for the past year, and is still no where to be seen.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Roster Update Is Out.

- Filip Zadina
- Jeremy Bracco
- Drake Batherson
- Ilya Samsonov
- Connor Timmons
- Nicolas Hague
- Cliff Pu

The reason? AHL rookies need to sign waivers to be in the game. They are typically re-added to the game in the next roster update, but Jeremy Bracco has been in the AHL for the past year, and is still no where to be seen.

When does the next roster update usually come?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Roster Update Is Out.

- Filip Zadina
- Jeremy Bracco
- Drake Batherson
- Ilya Samsonov
- Connor Timmons
- Nicolas Hague
- Cliff Pu

They took Zadina out? He was in the previous roster, as was Hague.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
little annoyed i took two hours to edit the players on nhl teams and add some US players and then realize how many players are missing and will have to do it all again after the f***ing next update

Reactions: Lays

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It appears that Drake Batherson has disappeared from the game in the latest roster update. He is not on Ottawa, Belleville, Brampton, or his former junior team

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
This game is absolute trash. Upper level EASHL 3's games are just a competition of who can come in and take the exact same f***ing shot from the slot more. There's no skill whatsoever. Every game is the same. The same three moves just get recycled over and over.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
Jerseys in all leagues except NHL still need an update too.. every year you're very excited when the new NHL is in store, but every year it's an incomplete game and you have to wait like 2-3 months for the game to be 100% up to date so you can play a realistic game mode..

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
AI is awful, at least playing online. So many Pejorative Slured plays in favor and against.
Will they ever fix the stick lift thing? Seriously flawed

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Game is trash. Drops in are way too long. Is there any way to save versus settings? Tired of having to change them every game.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Anyone understand how player comparisons for specific players work? In my franchise I told my scout to scout 10 specific American players for player comparisons, but after scouting them I am only being given player comparisons for about a handful of the players I requested them for. For example I really wanted to see which player the game would compare Jack Hughes to but for some reason it won’t give me that information even though I requested it. It’s not a huge deal, but I do enjoy seeing which player the game compares prospects to so it would be nice if I could find that out for every player I scouted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad