Did anyone like Raymonds shootout goal?

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
i agree with this, play 4v4 till u get a winner imo....or a 3-2-1 system where u get 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for SO/OT win, 1 point for SO/OT loss, and 0 points for a regulation loss
3 points would be awful. So many teams would get over 100 points in a season it would just look silly.

I didn't mind the goal just like i don't really mind the shootout. However , I would not be upset at the shootout being removed. I just am not a fan of ties and absolutely hated it pre-lock out

cujoflutie

didnt' a sens rookie attempt a move like this except with his stick on the puck ala Phil Bourqe and nearly score on Rask last year? Why are they complaining?

Plays like this are why the shootout needs to go; how often do you see moves like that during the actual game?

It doesn't feel like a win to me; more like winning via a con toss.

One ludicrous element of the shootout; the sens were short handed for over a minute when the OT ended and still had a chance at winning the game without killing the penalty. They could have even used the player in the box in the shootout.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
didnt' a sens rookie attempt a move like this except with his stick on the puck ala Phil Bourqe and nearly score on Rask last year? Why are they complaining?

Plays like this are why the shootout needs to go; how often do you see moves like that during the actual game?

It doesn't feel like a win to me; more like winning via a con toss.

One ludicrous element of the shootout; the sens were short handed for over a minute when the OT ended and still had a chance at winning the game without killing the penalty. They could have even used the player in the box in the shootout.
Ya no, when you support a team(like Ido) who lost a trip going to a finals by an actual coin toss is when you can complain about the shootout being a "coin toss"

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I think the goal is fine. On a side note I think it would be great if the rules allowed a player to stop 10 feet out and wait up to say 10 seconds to shoot. The suspense would be great. Hey, whatever rules are in place as long as it is the same for both teams what is the problem?

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I have no problem with the play, but I just with the SO was replaced with 4-on-4 OT until a goal is scored.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
maybe a 10 min 4 vs 4 with a 10 min intermission between 3rd period and OT.

i also like that 3-2-1 system. it makes more sense where there are 3 points given for every game.

Morlesio14*

Who gives a fu** if you don't like the goal. It went in and we won

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
March 12, 2013:

"I had no issue with it at all," MacLean said. "I thought it was pretty creative. The crowd seemed like they enjoyed it. It didn't go in, but imagine if it had gone in the net. If it caused this much of a stir by not scoring, imagine if it had gone in the net."

In MacLean's opinion, the shootout is an opportunity for players to display their creativity.

"Some people might say it's against the rules, but there are no rules it's a shootout. You're just trying to score goals," said MacLean. "The shootout is a skills competition is it not?"

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I love the shootout, (ever left a game that ends in a tie? - It sucks.)

Didn't like the move, seems cheap.
I've said this for years. I hate the shootout. It's a gimmick to appease the American fans. Can you see free throws deciding an overtime basketball game or field goal contests deciding an NFL game?...I've proposed for many years the 4 on 4 for 5 minutes and then 3 on 3 for 5 minutes.Hopefully that would decide around 80% of games..After that leave it a tie.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
3 points would be awful. So many teams would get over 100 points in a season it would just look silly.

I didn't mind the goal just like i don't really mind the shootout. However , I would not be upset at the shootout being removed. I just am not a fan of ties and absolutely hated it pre-lock out

well in theory once you get into overtime anyway it's 3 points regardless. how many times have the Leafs won in regulation, only to have teams that they are chasing (or chasing us), go to overtime/shootout, and team A: gets their 2 and team B: gets their 1.

have it.
Reg: 3 points
Non Reg: 2 points
Dead Loss 0.

boom.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
March 12, 2013:

"I had no issue with it at all," MacLean said. "I thought it was pretty creative. The crowd seemed like they enjoyed it. It didn't go in, but imagine if it had gone in the net. If it caused this much of a stir by not scoring, imagine if it had gone in the net."

In MacLean's opinion, the shootout is an opportunity for players to display their creativity.

"Some people might say it's against the rules, but there are no rules it's a shootout. You're just trying to score goals," said MacLean. "The shootout is a skills competition is it not?"
lol I thought the exact same thing when I heard he was *****ing about it

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Sounds like his issue was a conference call he was in this off-season.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
like others have said the shootout is a terrible way to end a game, the nhl agrees with us as they would not dare use this in the playoffs, i always cringe when a game is tied late in overtime.. ill take carlyles stance on the goal, the puck went in the net...

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
March 12, 2013:

That was before he and Murray were on a conference call this off season where the league apparently said they would be watching these moves closely. I guess not close enough :laugh:

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Terrible goal, If I was Brian Murray I would be calling the NHL brass and demanding they remove this play from the shootout as early as today. Also to make a point I would use the play every time Ottawa has a penalty shot just to f&$! with the NHL. As a Toronto fan I'll take the two points but I have to feel for the Ottawa fans and the Senators entire staff!

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Terrible goal, If I was Brian Murray I would be calling the NHL brass and demanding they remove this play from the shootout as early as today. Also to make a point I would use the play every time Ottawa has a penalty shot just to f&$! with the NHL. As a Toronto fan I'll take the two points but I have to feel for the Ottawa fans and the Senators entire staff!

I'm sure if Bryan Murray called, they would think its some kid prank calling as Sylvester.

Not sure they would have enough penalty shots to make that worthwhile, but why don't players do this more often? It's been automatic pretty much every time I've seen it

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland
Kadri unpended through on goal,nothing given,Bolland clean through no penalty shot,Kessel high sticked drawing blood nothing given.

Too right I liked it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I liked it because we scored, I don't think it should have counted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad