Did anyone like Raymonds shootout goal?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember hearing about the GM's wanting to go to 5 mins of 4-4 and then 5 mins of 3-3 before going to a shootout.

Essentially a 15 min OT with a skater removed every 5 mins and then the shootout.

I would like this.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
I don't like the shootout, but I loved the move. I wonder if he's gonna be like Kuli, and just score on one move every time. Remember The Kulemin; backhand, forehand, wrister over the pad? He scored his first NHL goal, a couple of breakaways, numerous SO's and a penalty shot.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
That's where I'd like to see them go.

4on4, 3on3, 2on2, etc..

Good grief, no! It may be okay in the playoffs to drag things out to all hours of the morning, but not in the regular season.

I'd actually prefer one of the following two things:

* Go straight to a shootout on a tie
* If a game is a tie at the end of 60 minutes, call it a loss for both teams and no one gets any points.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Good grief, no! It may be okay in the playoffs to drag things out to all hours of the morning, but not in the regular season.

* If a game is a tie at the end of 60 minutes, call it a loss for both teams and no one gets any points.

Your proposals are horrendous.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
No. I don't like those goals; but I also don't like the shoot out in general, so I guess as long as the stupid shoot out is around, stupid goals like that might as well be too.

Gimme 3on3 OT for ten minutes. I gaurantee 95% of games will have a winner. Who saw the 40 seconds of 3on3 between Montreal and Buffalo (I know it was in Montreal, not sure of the opponent though) last year? It was amazing!!

Ace88*

still don't like it. the rule should be you cannot backtrack during the SO attempt.

He didnt backtrack, but it did appear that his forward motion ceased and technically it shouldnt have counted, but ill take the good fortune and be grateful we won considering how the game went.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I'm still waiting for a guy like Byfuglien to skate full blast, turn backwards while still controlling the puck and barrel into the net, goalie, puck and all. Do it against Colorado so we can watch Roy go ape**** as well. Now that's entertainment. And that's what the moronic shootout is all about, right?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I've always been a fan of this concept as well. At least it's still some version of hockey.

Is a penalty shot not part of hockey? And isn't international hockey still hockey? How long have they used the shootout? And I suspect penalty shots are far more common than 3 on 3 and I'm not sure I've ever seen a 2 on 2.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
people are crying over the shootout? lol
then again i wasnt watching hockey before the 05 lockout

hey if it's legal it's legal
good goal, good win tonight

WOOOOOO

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I thought the goal was great.

I also don't care how it went in, I just wanted to see the Leafs finally win a shootout and it's great that someone else other than Tyler Bozak was able to score in them.

jughead42*

I'm delighted the Leafs won a shootout, but that goal what garbage. The guy stopped and at the same time the puck moved backwards. It's totally against the spirit of what a shootout attempt is supposed to be.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
don't like the move, shouldn't be legal but it's legal so why be mad at the refs? Doesn't make any sense, be mad at the NHL for making it legal

Reading fans of Ottawa get mad at the refs for allowing it made the laugh. It's allowed, so you want the refs to not follow the rules of the game so the result will be in your favour?

Be mad at the NHL not the refs

If you read the rules of the shootout, the move is illegal, especially how raymond executed it. He came to a complete stop and the puck was moving backwards. At least Grabo kept moving as he did it.

Last edited:

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
If it's legally considered a goal, then it doesn't matter to me. And that also applies to a situation if it worked against the Leafs. I have never been of the group of people who complain about what kind of shootout goals are disrespectful, etc. I don't even understand how a goal can be disrespectful. It's a gimmick event...the biggest leverage a skater has is to do something completely unexpected. People interpret that as the player showing off or trying to disrespect the goalie. No, the skater is trying something different in hopes that the element of surprise will work to his favour.

It is obvious you have never played hockey

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON

Both terrible ideas. Where did you come up with such foolishness?

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
the shootout needs to be removed.

i figure it makes up for the missed call on Kadri. the end.

i agree with this, play 4v4 till u get a winner imo....or a 3-2-1 system where u get 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for SO/OT win, 1 point for SO/OT loss, and 0 points for a regulation loss

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't like the way it was scored, but I like that we won the shootout with it. If they aren't going to call it..... But please remove that one from the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad