Did anyone like Raymonds shootout goal?

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Never a fan of Spin-o-rama goals because it literally gives no chance to the goalie to save it once the player starts turning. The only exception is the one Grabovski scored a couple of years ago when he did a 360 on Brian Elliott

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
If your going to let a hockey game be decided by a individual talent contest like a shootout, I don't care if he does it with a monkey holding on to the end of his stick. It's a joke to begin with. Liked it better when it was just a win, loss or tie in regulation or OT. Whatever..we got the extra point. So I guess it's good right?

A lot of responses here just blasting the shootout itself. The OP is asking whether or not we believe the goal is legit under the current rules. Asking whether or not we like the shootout to begin with is kind of a topic onto itself, imo.

It seemed like Raymond stopped to me but the NHL really has to clarify the rules on this. You'd think that they'd have nailed down the specifics by now but I guess that's not surprising for a league that needed multiple lockouts to get their CBA right (fingers crossed). I think the goal broke the spirit of those rules but not the letter of the law. I'd really hate it if it happened the other way around tonight, but a wins a win.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Didn't like it per se, glad it counted. Gotta get rid of the shootouts anyway.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
A lot of responses here just blasting the shootout itself. The OP is asking whether or not we believe the goal is legit under the current rules. Asking whether or not we like the shootout to begin with is kind of a topic onto itself, imo.

It seemed like Raymond stopped to me but the NHL really has to clarify the rules on this. You'd think that they'd have nailed down the specifics by now but I guess that's not surprising for a league that needed multiple lockouts to get their CBA right (fingers crossed). I think the goal broke the spirit of those rules but not the letter of the law. I'd really hate it if it happened the other way around tonight, but a wins a win.
No the OP is asking whether anyone liked the goal and whether that kind of shot should be removed. Not a question of whether it is a legit move under current rules since it obvious is. If you want to bash people for not following the topic then you might want to actually read it yourself.

What spirit of the rules? The shootout is a gimmick, it's supposed to be an entertaining way to end a game decisively and eliminate ties. It's not some sacred being that is going to be ruined because players do spin moves.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I remembered that but I wouldn't really say it's the same thing

Agreed there. The player looked to be in constant motion but what do I know?

BTW, what is your avatar from? Looks familiar but I can't place it. It's been puzzling me for awhile now. :)

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
No the OP is asking whether anyone liked the goal and whether that kind of shot should be removed. Not a question of whether it is a legit move under current rules since it obvious is. If you want to bash people for not following the topic then you might want to actually read it yourself.

What spirit of the rules? The shootout is a gimmick, it's supposed to be an entertaining way to end a game decisively and eliminate ties. It's not some sacred being that is going to be ruined because players do spin moves.

Who's bashing?

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I hate shootouts, but we just gained 2 and 1 pt over divisional rivals so **** it :D

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
It's such a cheese move, the goalie has no chance on it. Should have the whole team practice it until they ban it.

It's a no skill deke, I'm more impressed by a snipe.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I'm of the opinion that a SO attempt should allow anything that a single shooter could do in a game.

The first time I saw the spin-o-rama was Jason Blake back in 2008, I think:

9Iron

Nov 25, 2009
If Mason Raymond fools a goaltender that goaltender deserves to be scored on. The end.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think they need to figure out a rule for this next year. This year, we'll take it.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
People ***** and moan too much about the shootout attempts.

Spinorama goals
going to slow(one of Patrick Kane's moves is to very slowly go forward and make a thousand dekes)
Ranger's pre-season attempt
Kaspars Daugavins ringette style puckhandling

like ****ing christ deal with it. Spin-o-rama attempts have been stopped, do the ****ing splits.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Shootout itself is for fans who never watch hockey and only watch the TSN highlights.

If I can't see some ridiculous spins in a gimmicky piece of **** made for casual fans, Im gonna be pissed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad