Did anyone like Raymonds shootout goal?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I didn't. If that happened to TO I would have lost my mind. That play needs to be removed from the shootout.

However, the game probably wouldn't have gone to shootouts if that one reff called a penalty on Ottawa when they took out Kadri to deny a very short breakaway and the same reff didn't give Bolland a penalty shot. So I'll take this win but I really didn't like that move Raymond did.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the shootout needs to be removed.

i figure it makes up for the missed call on Kadri. the end.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Zero issues with it. It's a gimmicky skills competition is what it is but we can't have a spin in it? Unless you're talking about whether he stopped or not.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Don't like the spin-o-rama goals. If you are going to spin around, do it at the blue line like Omark.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Thought it was complete BULL. Glad we won, but the shootout as a whole needs to be gone asap.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I HATE the spinorama, total B.S. move, but the refs have allowed it every time Raymond pulled it in Vancouver, so obviously they weren't about to change their mind now.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
What was the reason for introducing the shootout to begin with? What a terrible decision.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I find it hilarious that people complain about shots like that in the shootout. The whole damn thing is a gimmick. Using shots like that during a gimmick is perfectly fine by me.

I loved the goal, as much as I could hating the damn shootout.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I love the shootout, (ever left a game that ends in a tie? - It sucks.)

Didn't like the move, seems cheap.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I find it hilarious that people complain about shots like that in the shootout. The whole damn thing is a gimmick. Using shots like that during a gimmick is perfectly fine by me.

I loved the goal, as much as I could hating the damn shootout.

Sums it up

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
it was lame, i thought it was illegal.. but i was happy it counted. LOL

would be pissed if that was against bernie or reims though.

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto
Don't worry.

We'll get screwed in plenty of games throughout the season, and will wish we had more goals like that.

Edit: in other words - take the money and run.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
don't like the move, shouldn't be legal but it's legal so why be mad at the refs? Doesn't make any sense, be mad at the NHL for making it legal

Reading fans of Ottawa get mad at the refs for allowing it made the laugh. It's allowed, so you want the refs to not follow the rules of the game so the result will be in your favour?

Be mad at the NHL not the refs

Arathor

Apr 28, 2010
By a pointy tower
Shootouts are lame and need to go. But no problem with goal since it clearly states that the spin-o-rama is allowed...so can't argue with the rule book. Even though refs have the tendency to forget it conveniently.

Sect 24.2 states:

"The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion."

So it's clear that the player and puck remained in continuous motion, note it does not say continuous forward motion at all.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What was the reason for introducing the shootout to begin with? What a terrible decision.

they wanted a complete "end" of the game (as most teams were not playing to win in overtime). also. it's more exciting and crap like that.

whatever. can't stand it in international hockey, can't stand it here, and I'd feel this way if were were like 100% in it.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Those plays are stupid. Almost as bad as the shoot-out in the first place. Regardless, the Leafs should have gotten 2 clear penalties in overtime and likely a penalty shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad