Did anyone like Raymonds shootout goal?

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i liked it because we won but i voted no.

I understand its still in the shootouts and legal. But come on lol. That was one of the crappiest spinoramas i've seem in terms of mechanics. Definitely should have been called off.

I could understand why they keep them because there is alot of full motion spinoramas that dont look so broken apart but Raymonds definitely was. He stopped then fidgeted around to score.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I like shootouts but I'd be so pissed if that happened against the Leafs. But since I know sens fans will be super butthurt about it plus the fact they gave up the lead I find it hilarious. :laugh:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I've never liked spin-o-rama goals, the NHL could easily say you can't make a 360 degree turn on a penalty shot or during the shootout and be done with it.

You miss out on the Omark and Grabo vs. STL goals, but those are few and far between.

wandering goat

Oct 29, 2009
Woodstock, ON
Unless it's changed in the new CBA, the spin-o-rama has a specific exception written in the rules to the "forward momentum" rule. I love seeing other team fans freak out about it and shout how it's illegal though, the two Grabovski did earlier being prime examples. Anyway, in the one-on-one environment of a shoot-out, a huge part of it is faking the goalie out, and the spin-o-rama does this marvelously. Of course it can also fail spectacularly, but so can a regular shot in the pads and no one complains about that.

crazyaces**

Since the shootout has been implemented, this move has been done many times and the goals have never been rescinded or removed from the shootout - what's the problem?!

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
they wanted a complete "end" of the game (as most teams were not playing to win in overtime). also. it's more exciting and crap like that.

whatever. can't stand it in international hockey, can't stand it here, and I'd feel this way if were were like 100% in it.

10 minute continuous OT would be helluva lot more exciting. Maybe 3 on 3 if still deadlocked.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Why not? he scored, that's all I cared about

I don't think they're even for show either. I've never seen that spinorama get saved. It's very effective.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
The shootout is a gimmick and a joke in the first place, so I dont really care how the goals are scored.

So if Spezza had just rammed our Goalie and put the puck in you'd be okay with that? I'm not crazy about that goal, it's a fine line between making the move and stopping like that, but it's grey enough to count. It's iffy so I don't really care, especially since we didn't lose over it, but to say you don't care how goals are scored is a little much.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
If it's legally considered a goal, then it doesn't matter to me. And that also applies to a situation if it worked against the Leafs. I have never been of the group of people who complain about what kind of shootout goals are disrespectful, etc. I don't even understand how a goal can be disrespectful. It's a gimmick event...the biggest leverage a skater has is to do something completely unexpected. People interpret that as the player showing off or trying to disrespect the goalie. No, the skater is trying something different in hopes that the element of surprise will work to his favour.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
If your going to let a hockey game be decided by a individual talent contest like a shootout, I don't care if he does it with a monkey holding on to the end of his stick. It's a joke to begin with. Liked it better when it was just a win, loss or tie in regulation or OT. Whatever..we got the extra point. So I guess it's good right?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If your going to let a hockey game be decided by a individual talent contest like a shootout, I don't care if he does it with a monkey holding on to the end of his stick. It's a joke to begin with. Liked it better when it was just a win, loss or tie in regulation or OT. Whatever..we got the extra point. So I guess it's good right?

He could even do what Ranger did...I have zero problem with it. Shoot out itself is a joke...so a joke within a joke is something I am completely fine with.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Yes.

If it happened to us - probably no

So I suppose my answer is no as well. I do want to do away with the shootouts. Doesn't prove anything

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That is even more of a gimmick than the shootout.
At least penalty shots can happen in a real game situation, 2on2 cant.

10 mins of 4on4 then 10 mins of 3on3.
No doubt it's a gimmick, it's just one I'd prefer watching

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad