GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 8:00PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the result sucks but im feeling better after this game. reality check is in the last 3 games we had two third period go-ahead goals called back by having a skate lifted an inch off the blueline, not even crossing the plane, and a backbreaking goal allowed to stand with 6 skaters on the ice. my fear going into last night was that the team was going to slump hard and this house of cards could crash, but they played a really good game, stayed in it all the way and should have won.

we're still in 2nd place in our division with games in hand, if they play like they did last night they will win more often than not

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
What year did STL try to tamper with Stevens?

Yes, but St. Louis tried to sign him a few years later with some shenanigans in play and they got busted for tampering. one of the conditions we used to swap picks and then traded up with the swapped pick to get parise.

I think in 98 because we swapped in the final year and we had a 5 year window. Parise was drafted in 03

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's still bullshit that we got two goals disallowed last night
But MoJo has to bury one of those golden chances in OT

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I feel so bad for Nico. He's had multiple chances in OTs this season to end it and he typically gets a good chance off. He had a chance against Buffalo and hits the post here.

He really keeps getting better out there. It's so much fun to watch.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is a perfect example of the league completely overreacting to one play (the Duchene play, which I think they claimed some other bull**** about "possession" or something in their ass covering afterwards) and making changes without thinking of the potential long term ramifications of it. All because this stupid league doesn't ever want to admit that they ****ed up.

In a normal situation when you screw up like they did on that Duchene play, you just admit it, and simply get better refs.

You don’t game the entire system. At best just put something in the rules that the refs or something have the ability to conference and change calls if they deem it necessary.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Couple things:

• its not so much that I hate the offsides rule in itself, its just that if it takes you literally 10 minutes to review something, it, by definition, is inconclusive. You cannot overturn the call on the ice at that point.
  • that being said, they need to extend the blue line up just as they do with the plane in the NFL. It makes absolutely no sense that your entire body could be in the zone but if the tip of your skate is not on the line, you're offsides.
  • once the opposing team takes obvious control of the puck (which STL did after the MarJo zone entry), I think that you should not be able to review

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
we only had one goal called off last night, the one in overtime wasn't even close to crossing the line it was a good save.

we could have had two more goals though if coleman was able to bury open nets

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
and yeah, by the letter of the law they were offsides, but if they changed the rule to crossing the plane even if the skate was off the ice both goals would have counted. would be nice if the league looked into that. that said if it's 30 seconds to call for a review they should abide by that and not just give the coach all the time they need like they were doing last night. they literally held up the faceoff until the stl coaches could watch it a few more times to decide

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Meh. I’m not going to bury anyone for missed chances in a game where we in the end scored the go ahead goal and were on the way to a win if not for bullshit.

How many times should a team be expected to win a game in one night?

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
we only had one goal called off last night, the one in overtime wasn't even close to crossing the line it was a good save.

we could have had two more goals though if coleman was able to bury open nets

Gibbons scored in the 1st but was nullified due to a bull crap penalty against him.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
oh right forgot about gibbons.

to be fair he wouldn't have been as open as he was if he didnt clip that guy in the face i didn't have a problem with that

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
huge problem with that non-holding call on the second blues goal that was some grade A bs

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He was too busy thinking about which emojis to use on Twitter.

He did have a good game otherwise, including a huge 3 on 1 save late in the 3rd when Greene got caught up ice

We were giving up odd man rushes late in the 3rd which is not smart hockey.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
also a side note but mojo looks pretty good lately, missed goals aside. if he and palmieri both click at the same time this team could be a lot more dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad