GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 8:00PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
If you have to look at a replay for five minutes then it definitely was not conclusive. That should not have been overturned.

Reactions: glenwo2

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
guys, there's no conspiracy...i hope you're all kidding about that. the officiating is inconsistent and brutal at times, but it doesn't favor one team over another. we just happened to get the short stick a few times in a row.

More than one person legitimately thought that the NHL was doing it for Winter Classic drama when it happened against the Sabres.

Nope! Turns out that the refs are just bad sometimes.

62mHs.png

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you have to look at a replay for five minutes then it definitely was not conclusive. That should not have been overturned.

That's the biggest problem I have with the call.

It took forever = obviously not conclusive = original call on the ice should stand.

Then even after the decision, they got together for another 10 seconds conferring about what to "say" on the microphone, which annoyed me more.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
As soon as a goal is scored, there should be a 30 second timer or whatever in the scorekeepers box or whatever, and if the coaches challenge is not given to them by the time the timer runs out than they should not be allowed to challenge. In addition if they challenge there should be like a 4-5 minute timer again to determine the outcome by the refs. If they cannot determine with 100% accuracy to overturn the call, then the call on the ice should stand. IMO or something along those lines.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

It took forever = obviously not conclusive = original call on the ice should stand.

Then even after the decision, they got together for another 10 seconds conferring about what to "say" on the microphone, which annoyed me more.
They are essentially shifting the burden of proof away from the team that is challenging, which is backwards from how this should work. The call on the ice was that it was onside, and the challenging team is claiming it was actually offside. The video replays should show conclusive proof that the challenging team is correct for them to get the decision, but instead they seem to be saying that the video needs to show conclusive proof that the player was onside for it to be upheld.

If it's close you might as well challenge, because they have been siding with the challenging team whether there is supporting evidence or not.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Lost in the shuffle were that Gibbons and Santini had very bad games last night.

LJ was decent.

Well, that Santini Greene pairing almost always has a horrible game. It gets killed possession wise and gets stuck in their own zone entirely way too much. And our great staff uses them 20+ minutes a night.

Yea, Lovejoy wasn't that bad outside of a that penalty and holding onto the puck a bit too long in one sequence that got us stuck in our own end.

I'd be okay with Santini sitting and having Severson in over him right now and letting Lovejoy have another game to play.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Santini hesitates too often and then gets stripped.
I'd rather him just bang the puck off the boards and out of the zone.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It also took forever to call for the review, you're supposed to have thirty seconds - looks more like a minute plus to me from when the goal's scored till it's announced there'll be a challenge.

Reactions: Darkauron

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Same exact lineup that lost last night. That's wonderful. Love watching Santini and Greene struggle, and I doubt Lovejoy has two decent games in a row.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Same exact lineup that lost last night. That's wonderful. Love watching Santini and Greene struggle, and I doubt Lovejoy has two decent games in a row.
We should have won that game. We were bad in the first period, but otherwise were the better team.

Reactions: Devils090

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It also took forever to call for the review, you're supposed to have thirty seconds - looks more like a minute plus to me from when the goal's scored till it's announced there'll be a challenge.

Which is completely against their rules. Is add on some more bullshit over this entire shit sandwich.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

It's one minute and twenty seconds from the goal until they called for the challenge all the while stalling, keeping their guys at the bench and waiting for the video crew upstairs. Just f***ing ridiculous.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

It felt long, this just confirms how badly we got f***ed...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Funny thing is that clip was posted on the NHL's own website. That's the only 'admission' of mistakes we ever get from them.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It's one minute and twenty seconds from the goal until they called for the challenge all the while stalling, keeping their guys at the bench and waiting for the video crew upstairs. Just ****ing ridiculous.

its bad, but its done

i just hope the league eventually gets rid of the whole farce of the challenge and let the game be played at the speed its supposed to be played at.

on ice refs (or in any sport are not perfect) to add this element to the smallest detail along with the dissection of footage is asinine

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Yeah, this is just insulting. 1:20 to challenge when you're supposed to have :30 WITHOUT stalling? Embarrasing.

Stuff like this happens in the business world all the time: while change can be a very healthy thing in any organization, too many suits decide to implement a series of small, annoying changes for no reason beyond keeping up the appearance of just doing something, anything. It's like Gov. Lepetomane in Blazing Saddles saying they had to "do SOMETHING to keep our phony baloney jobs!"

It reminds me of a baseball game since they instituted review there; people who slide into second or third base feet-first inevitably pop off the bag for a split second, but now teams challenge those slides by arguing that the millimeter they come off the bag is enough to warrant overturning a safe call if the second/third baseman held the tag. It delays games and completely goes against the entire idea behind umpiring and what replay was meant to accomplish in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->