GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 8:00PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you look at the extended highlights it has the blues feed. It shows berube radio up up to the video guy then holds a conversation with yeo. Radios back up to the video guy then has a second conversation with yeo at which time, yeo calls over the Ref for a challenge. While all the blues players are sitting on the bench not coming out for the subsequent faceoff
They showed the same thing on the Devils feed, not that you say it.

Yeo had the same suspect body language that he always has, that looks like he needs to ask someone for assistance. :nod:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
They showed the same thing on the Devils feed, not that you say it.

Yeo had the same suspect body language that he always has, that looks like he needs to ask someone for assistance. :nod:
Where does the line get drawn? are teams just going to blatently withold their players from coming out for the subsequent faceoff if they suspect an offside challenges. That in itself should be a delay of game penalty

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where does the line get drawn? are teams just going to blatently withold their players from coming out for the subsequent faceoff if they suspect an offside challenges. That in itself should be a delay of game penalty
It’s supposed to be 30 or 35 seconds, but that was certainly a long 35 seconds.

That was like when you put something in the microwave for 30 seconds but you accidentally pushed 60 and not 30.

Reactions: devilsblood

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I still have no idea why either goal was waved off given the call on the ice was "onside" for both of them, they each took LONG reviews, and even after seeing slow-motion replays of both I have absolutely no idea how they conclusively adjudicated them as being offsides so as to reverse the on-ice calls.

It makes me wonder if they have 1/1000 of a frame technology or something, but when MSG zooms in all it looks like is they're using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 looking at Youtube (i.e. pretty low-tech).

Matt mentioned on the radio feed that they have a camera at the blueline that only the league has access to during games, but if they do I don't know how the hell it can take that long to make a "conclusive" call. But then "conclusive" seems to be a vague concept itself for this idiotic league.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Imagine a baseball player with full count. He crushes the ball over the wall and rounds the bases pumping his fist in the air. The crowd is going nuts.

"Upon video review the first ball was actually a fraction of an inch inside the strike zone and should have been a strike. No home run. Runner is out..."

The Coaches Challenge is a lot like that dumb skate-in-the-crease rule from the late '90s. If someone had a toe in the far corner of the crease (which was bigger back then), away from the play, it would nullify an otherwise good goal. Did that rule quietly just go away after the Brett Hull cup goal controversy? I can't exactly remember.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Matt mentioned on the radio feed that they have a camera at the blueline that only the league has access to during games, but if they do I don't know how the hell it can take that long to make a "conclusive" call. But then "conclusive" seems to be a vague concept itself for this idiotic league.
You could see what the ref's were looking at on their tablet, it looked pretty much like what we were looking at.

But your point is right, a conclusive call doesn't take that many viewings and that much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad