Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Rangers 5-2!

Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hughes was nothing to write home about most of his first year.

Yeah it makes me want to slow the roll on digging at Lafreniere...especially since it seems like the Rangers have the same problem we had the last few years, coaching. They really gotta get someone new in and find out if Lafreniere and Kakko will develop under another coach cause they ain't doing jack now.

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Yeah it makes me want to slow the roll on digging at Lafreniere...especially since it seems like the Rangers have the same problem we had the last few years, coaching. They really gotta get someone new in and find out if Lafreniere and Kakko will develop under another coach cause they ain't doing jack now.

Kakko has looked pretty good even if he isn’t producing the points but the Rags have absolutely no center play with Zib struggling as bad as he is and couple that with Quinn and a shaky defense, recipe for disaster.

damn shame lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And of all people Matt was slagging the Rangers on the radio, pointing out that they had a bunch of guys who had career seasons last year (Panarin, Mika, Deangelo, etc) and still would have missed the playoffs.

They have zero depth. Which isn't the end of the world for a rebuilding team, but they have a lot of money tied up in guys already to still be a bad team.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
They have zero depth. Which isn't the end of the world for a rebuilding team, but they have a lot of money tied up in guys already to still be a bad team.

that Kreider deal is really going to haunt them

but in true Rags fashion they’ll find a team to take it off their hands and probably get a 1st for it

Reactions: BomaLightDevils

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought both goals were stoppable, but first goal was pretty forgivable.

He still should have allowed at least 2 goals, so no big deal.

This is the kind of game where the Schneidmingkaid combo allows 5 goals on 39 shots and we lose 5-2, because we’re out of the game before we could ever even score those last few goals.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
How did hughes look i didn't get to see the game?

made some plays, had a nice give and go with Bratt but also had some rust. Since he had the virus you’d expect it will take a few games for him to start flying again, hopefully Nico is back by then too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought both goals were stoppable, but first goal was pretty forgivable.

He still should have allowed at least 2 goals, so no big deal.

This is the kind of game where the Schneidmingkaid combo allows 5 goals on 39 shots and we lose 5-2, because we’re out of the game before we could ever even score those last few goals.

He wants that 2nd one back, but he shut the door after that so hard to complain.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Went with Kuok-Zacha-Merk in the poll.

Blackwood unlucky but he going to be voted in on most nights. The Zacha line really stepped up today.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Yotes fan here. Saw Merkley scored. Really happy for him getting his shot. How has he looked?

hasn’t played much but he’s a nice bottom six guy to have, made a bad error in their 2nd goal but made up for it with one of his own. Merk is a solid option for us depth wise and we’ll definitely need it given our insane schedule.

Reactions: RABBIT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad