Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think the Oilers are much better than people give them credit for. They aren't just a couple of all stars scoring over goaltending issues.

I do think Dallas ends up winning but this is a closer series than I think people are thinking it will be.

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
Haven't you heard? Edmonton is nothing but powerplay merchants. It's absolutely an issue if you can't stop the Oilers powerplay. The Canucks figured it out briefly but it was too little too late.

Dallas is a very good team, and Edmonton does have flaws. But what Edmonton is good at, they're very, very good at. They have nearly double the amount of 5v5 goals for than the next best team. Is their goaltending spotty - yes, absolutely - but I think their flaws are overblown. Should be a great series.
This is such a bad take, look at the level of competition vegas and colarado vs kings and demkoless Canucks. No shit they have scored more in the playoffs. Vegas woulda slapped Edmonton, Colorado would have slapped Edmonton. Dallas gets a freebie before the SCF they deserve it for their last 2 opponents though.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He’s been average most playoffs while allowing the occasional stinker from my viewings, and I’ve seen most every game this playoffs. That’s how I’ve viewed it.
He's given up 2 or less in 9 of 13. He's had a save percentage under .920 in 4 of 13. A Save percentage OVER .940 in 7 of 13.

Dunno where you're getting average from.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This is such a bad take, look at the level of competition vegas and colarado vs kings and demkoless Canucks. No shit they have scored more in the playoffs. Vegas woulda slapped Edmonton, Colorado would have slapped Edmonton. Dallas gets a freebie before the SCF they deserve it for their last 2 opponents though.
Canucks and Kings were elite defensively all year long and Edmonton beat them both.

Go ahead and think Edmonton is a freebie if it makes you feel better about the Leafs flaming out in the first round *yet again*

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You can only play who's in front of you. By this measure the Panthers are frauds too for facing an over the hill Tampa team and a Boston team that wasn't a threat to anyone but Toronto.

Then again, Dallas made the WCF last year after ousting the mighty Minnesota First Round Exits and an expansion team playing way over their heads.

Funny how that works, eh.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
I think Edmonton is tough for the Stars in the sense that McDavid and Draisaitl are gonna fry their pk

However, they won't do anything 5v5.

I believe this will continue a historic run for the Stars, who will be the first playoff team in history to face their toughest test in the 1st round and have easier matchups each subsequent round.
LA (95) in 2012, 1st Round Vancouver (111) President Trophy Winner(4-1), 2nd Round St Louis (109) Sweep 4-0, 3rd Round Arizona (97) 4-1
The Final was NJ (102) 4th place in the Atlantic but by then LA was rolling and won in 6 games outscoring NJ 16-8
If Dallas (113) beats Edmonton(104) they'll still have to face the NY Rangers (114) or Florida (110) two very strong teams.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Gotta say it's interesting how the perception on the Canucks has so swiftly gone from "Nashville couldn't score on them because they have such a hard working defensive structure and a pile of big, mean defensemen" to "lol of course the Oilers scored on Vancouver."

Ignatius

TROUBA = CAPTAIN COOKE
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Stars in five and I only give Edmonton one game because of how charitable the league will probably be with power plays for them but they might get this series to seven games and even when based on penalty calling fluctuations.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Cheating or not, the roster is very different than the one they had for most of the regular season. That is a fact.

woulda, shoulda, coulda......didn't.

why is this thread just chalk full of salty fans from other fan bases? I don't think I've seen a bigger collection of random team fans whining, hating and crying on one thread before.

The Oilers really truly do bring out the worst in a lot of other fan bases....and I'm totally here for it.

Oilers in 6.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Honest question. I keep seeing Dallas fans with this ‘we deserve it’ slogan. I assume it is the Stanley Cup that fans feel they deserve. Where does this come from? And why do Dallas fans feel their team or their fans deserve a Cup?
Although this isn't the answer most Stars fans will give you it's mine. Always a bridesmaid never a bride. In the last five seasons, including this one, Dallas has gotten to the Conference Finals or beyond now 3 times, losing to the eventual Cup champions every time. We've been good, but not good enough and quite frankly this is by far the best overall team during that era. It's our time now.

We fans remember the bankruptcy years. The players and teams that quit on themselves. The god awful drafting for so long till recently. The string of trash goalies till the one decent one got hurt. The all gas no brakes Lindy teams that were hella fun to watch but nowhere near Stanley Cup Champion quality. The couldn't score with drunk, naked co-eds team in 2022. What could should have been in St. Louis in 2019.

I know every team has a story similar. There's only one Cup champion every year, but this is our year. We Deserve It.

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
Canucks and Kings were elite defensively all year long and Edmonton beat them both.

Go ahead and think Edmonton is a freebie if it makes you feel better about the Leafs flaming out in the first round *yet again*
Lol same things were said before the Avs series always have to resort to the leafs when in over ur head thinking kings are elite defensively cause they played a 1-3-1 is comical. Canucks relied quite heavily on Demko which oil dodged. You got a week or so till the talks are about drai bouncing not a scf I will be right like I tend to be.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

why is this thread just chalk full of salty fans from other fan bases? I don't think I've seen a bigger collection of random team fans whining, hating and crying in on one thread before.

The Oilers really truly do bring out the worst in a lot of other fan bases....and I'm totally here for it.

Oilers in 6.
People sincerely want to see the Oilers fail for numerous reasons.

Last Canadian team standing
Got McDavid when their teams didnt
Watched Gretzky and Co beat the tar out of their teams growing up
Also managed to get Draisaitl
Not run very well
Large, knowledgeable, and annoying fanbase

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Lol same things were said before the Avs series always have to resort to the leafs when in over ur head thinking kings are elite defensively cause they played a 1-3-1 is comical. Canucks relied quite heavily on Demko which oil dodged. You got a week or so till the talks are about drai bouncing not a scf I will be right like I tend to be.
Please obtain a personality. Or at least a team to root for. It might do you good mentally.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
You can only play who's in front of you. By this measure the Panthers are frauds too for facing an over the hill Tampa team and a Boston team that wasn't a threat to anyone but Toronto.

Then again, Dallas made the WCF last year after ousting the mighty Minnesota First Round Exits and an expansion team playing way over their heads.

Funny how that works, eh.
I can quote stuff from my post about the Avs matchup a few years ago the replies were the same. Doesn’t mean the oilers have any chance in the series good they won out of that division though. They will fold against first competitive opponent again

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Its so unfortunate that I won't get to see that gloating.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
400 posts in 14 years and you think that you're right a lot?

The 1-3-1 tends to limit goals against. It's a heavily DEFENSIVE system that DEFENSIVELY MINDED teams use.

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010

why is this thread just chalk full of salty fans from other fan bases? I don't think I've seen a bigger collection of random team fans whining, hating and crying on one thread before.

Oilers in 6.
No one is salty we are just pointing out that this is going to be a cake walk. We don’t really care it doesn’t take a lot of hockey knowledge to see the outcome here. Like I’m sure the oiler fans know they don’t have a shot here but it’s copium as drai and mcdavid are on their last years and they have no prospects or help on the way. Decade of darkness 2.0 incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad