Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Rangers 5-2!

Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The thing about the Rangers is that their youth (and Panarin) is holding up their end of the deal, but the vets are lagging and Quinn isn’t good at managing the roster. Also, they’re having bad puck luck.

They’re not as bad as the record indicates but they’re not a playoff team, and they need to fire Quinn.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Valquette said the Rags had an 86% chance of winning during the 2nd intermission.

Lol. Tell me more about the rainbow road again.

I'm skeptical - the Devils could be replaced by their AHL team and the Rangers wouldn't've had an 86% chance of winning a tied game.

Reactions: glenwo2

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Yeah it makes me want to slow the roll on digging at Lafreniere...especially since it seems like the Rangers have the same problem we had the last few years, coaching. They really gotta get someone new in and find out if Lafreniere and Kakko will develop under another coach cause they ain't doing jack now.

A lot of Rangers fans thought he was the best #1 since McDavid. They are always brings up what scouts and draft boards said. That's fine, but expecting him to be a PPG player year one is ridiculous. All they see a -7 and .07 PPG player and can't see the future.

Camille the Eel

Lost in what followed, but that was a really nice power play goal by Zacha. The shot was whipped to a small target area and the release - looking the goalie off a bit - took Shesterkin by surprise.

Nice to score a classic sort of blackboard power play goal, what with the set up and all, culminating with an Ovi class wrist shot from the half boards. Like to see more of that this year.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Lost in what followed, but that was a really nice power play goal by Zacha. The shot was whipped to a small target area and the release - looking the goalie off a bit - took Shesterkin by surprise.

Nice to score a classic sort of blackboard power play goal, what with the set up and all, culminating with an Ovi class wrist shot from the half boards. Like to see more of that this year.

Zacha has the tools of a top 30 NHL center, it's absolutely maddening that he can't put it all together. Every so often we get a peak at what he's capable of. That shot was Palmieri/Holtz level.

Camille the Eel

The thing about the Rangers is that their youth (and Panarin) is holding up their end of the deal, but the vets are lagging and Quinn isn’t good at managing the roster. Also, they’re having bad puck luck.

They’re not as bad as the record indicates but they’re not a playoff team, and they need to fire Quinn.
I didn’t think much of the Rags effort tonight. Though in Chytil they miss a high energy guy and in Panarin the guy who makes them go, statistically.

All the same, hard not to see how much deeper we are than them. It’s a tribute to the way Shero and Fitz have stocked our club.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Valquette said the Rags had an 86% chance of winning during the 2nd intermission.

Lol. Tell me more about the rainbow road again.
He actually said they had an 86% chance of winning? Glad I used the 2nd intermission to take a dump.

I don’t understand why he’s say that because he of all people should know a hot goalie can really stand on his head. And I do really like his goalie analytics stuff.

But the game was dead even in both shots and goals after the 2nd period.

Reactions: glenwo2

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
He actually said they had an 86% chance of winning? Glad I used the 2nd intermission to take a dump.

I don’t understand why he’s say that because he of all people should know a hot goalie can really stand on his head. And I do really like his goalie analytics stuff.

Man you need more fiber in your diet.

Reactions: RyGuy and Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

He said a lot of stupid shit. Laffy was the best player on the ice for either team apparently.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad