Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Rangers 5-2!

Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So, I was thinking about last night, and I think my favorite moment happened in the first 30 seconds or so of the game.

McLeod takes the opening draw against Zibanejad and promptly puts him on his ass and wins the draw (iirc he won the draw), then shortly thereafter lights Zib up on the wall and fights Kreider. It just set the tone for the whole night. This team isn't just much, much better coached. They also grew a pair. They don't get pushed around. It's been a long time since that's been the case.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So, I was thinking about last night, and I think my favorite moment happened in the first 30 seconds or so of the game.

McLeod takes the opening draw against Zibanejad and promptly puts him on his ass and wins the draw (iirc he won the draw), then shortly thereafter lights Zib up on the wall and fights Kreider. It just set the tone for the whole night. This team isn't just much, much better coached. They also grew a pair. They don't get pushed around. It's been a long time since that's been the case.

That was good to see and a necessary evil. The real test will be if they can stand up to WAS and Wilson and Chara and company.

Reactions: Jack Be Quick

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Corey wrote this McLeod v Kreider:

McLeod hit Zibanejad on the first shift, and the Rangers star fell awkwardly into the boards between the teams’ benches. Chris Kreider must have said something to McLeod, because he popped to his feet and immediately started throwing punches. When both players exited the box after serving five minutes, Kreider had a long chat with the closest official. He may have felt like McLeod jumped him, which is usually the opposite reaction when there’s a big hit like that.

I enjoy the idea that Kreider just wanted give Mikey a stern talking-to after that hit, to show that he cared, and McLeod took that as a challenge and immediately started punching him. I haven’t rewatched the fight though, in part because I like this version now.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Corey wrote this McLeod v Kreider:

I enjoy the idea that Kreider just wanted give Mikey a stern talking-to after that hit, to show that he cared, and McLeod took that as a challenge and immediately started punching him. I haven’t rewatched the fight though, in part because I like this version now.

What was Kreider going to tell him? “Look Mike we suck this year and the locker room is fractured and none of the vets are feeling it. Just play it cool with us and we’ll lay down like dogs in the third.”

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->