Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It's insane to think they could have had Barzal, Connor, and Chabot who all went in that order after 3 those picks.

Extra amusing tidbits for me with those picks: Boston signed an undrafted free agent named Justin Hickman in the spring of 2015. Hickman's linemate in juniors? Matt Barzal. Allegedly Barzal was offputting in his interview with Boston, so they decided against him. I thought Hickman might have some David Clarkson potential, but he's already out of pro hockey. But he has Barzal to thank for making him look enough to get an ELC. Chabot was also teammates that year with Jakub Zboril who Boston chose earlier.

Devils8961

Dec 16, 2017
Screenshot_20190531-145927~2.png
:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
I would just come to terms with the idea we are signing Eberle now.

It could work out for us as he does fill a need, even if he is worthless when not scoring.

I think Eberle has bounce back written all over him. I wouldn't be upset with it. I know I'm in the minority there, but linking up with Taylor could give him a boost

Reactions: MilwaukeeDevil

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Eberle has bounce back written all over him. I wouldn't be upset with it. I know I'm in the minority there, but linking up with Taylor could give him a boost

I think he will absolutely put up numbers here, but he will Be infuriating to watch during cold stretches.

Like I said. I am coming to terms with it. It makes too much sense. He fills a need and is buddies with Hall so he absolutely could want to play here (people forget the player has to sign the actual contract)

Eberle on Jack’s wing could have a huge offensive season.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I've always liked Eberle so I would be fine signing him

I am not giving him 7 years or anything like that though.

4 years $24 million? Sure I Would do that

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
those contract numbers are laughable for some of those guys. None of them are signing for anything close to that

and while I would love Karlsson, lets please not act like we're his best and only fit like you're making it out to be.

1. Okay then we are aren’t signing any of them. Maybe I just answered @Pavail Zachupov ’s question of “what contract would you be comfortable giving each” Unlike you in your response, where you completely disregarded his question of what contract you’d be comfortable giving each.

2. Did I make it seem that way? Or did I simply ask a question as to which NHL teams would be a good fit considering all factors? Half the league is in a cap crunch. Last I checked, it’s very difficult for cap strapped teams to sign a 10 million dollar player.

You need to start reading entire posts and take them for what the words actually say, and stop interpreting things for you want them to say. Not to mention, you act like you’re a know it all NHL keyboard master. You don’t know much of anything more than the next person buddy.

You too @Scottyk9, read the entire posts.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Since we are pulling guys out from mid air, how bout our boy Jacob Josefson.

In 325 games, including playoffs, Gio had 19 goals and 63 points.

In 321 games including playoffs, JJ had 20 and 65.

Incredible how similar their production was.
Josefson was awful, outside of the shootout.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hall- Hischier- Eberle (max 4 years contract)
Bratt- Hughes- Palmieri
Zacha- Zajac- Coleman
Wood-x- Bastian/Anderson

???

Hall-Nico-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Eberle
Boqvst-Zacha-Anderson
Wood-Zajac-Coleman

You roll all four lines. You don’t hide a bottom line for 8 minutes a night. Switch them for situational purposes like holding late game leads (Zajac becomes the 2C in those situations).

Reactions: Figgie

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Hall-Nico-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Eberle
Boqvst-Zacha-Anderson
Wood-Zajac-Coleman

You roll all four lines. You don’t hide a bottom line for 8 minutes a night. Switch them for situational purposes like holding late game leads (Zajac becomes the 2C in those situations).
While I was typing you posted nearly identical lines. Did we just become best friends? Lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Eberle will fit better with Jack’s playmaking. Jack’s passing might be too fine for Palms. Eberle will be more willing to park himself by the net and clean up the garbage.

I treat the bottom 6 as two third lines.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
the thing is that it sort of makes me think of the henrique/hall connection we all thought was there

but at least we know hall/eberle works at an nhl level

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
the thing is that it sort of makes me think of the henrique/hall connection we all thought was there

but at least we know hall/eberle works at an nhl level

He worked with Barzal pretty well. Could be fine with Jack.

That second line is just tiny. And who is going to defend there? They all are pretty poor defensive players at the moment.

No one. You got other lines to do that.

Also a coaches’s pet or a vet will be on the bottom lines. They rather guys like Anderson or Bastain get heavy minutes in Bing

Last edited:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Hall-Nico-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Eberle
Boqvst-Zacha-Anderson
Wood-Zajac-Coleman

Getting Hughes and filling out our depth down the middle is going to be huge for this team. Bumping Trav down is big too so he can just key on shutting guys down.

I could see Zacha next to Hughes to help out with some faceoffs and defensive responsibilities. Hopefully McLeod can step in on the 4th line center as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln