Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I actually disagree. Hall shoots plenty, and Hischer shoots a fair amount too. Having Eberle to clean up would work well. Hughes needs someone to find to dish the puck off to who can rip a shot off.

I feel like Hughes is going to create a ton of back door opportunities and someone needs to be there to bury them.

Basically do what JVR couldn’t.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
When you have time, you use it :nod:

I don’t think this gets done until August to be honest, and I don’t believe it has anything to do with our offseason moves.

Just Ray and Hall taking their time because there really isn’t a rush. The rush is in fan’s minds. Ray already knows whether Hall wants out or not.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I feel like Hughes is going to create a ton of back door opportunities and someone needs to be there to bury them.

Basically do what JVR couldn’t.
Maybe you're right. We won't be able to REALLY tell until we stick them on the ice together and see who meshes.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don’t think this gets done until August to be honest, and I don’t believe it has anything to do with our offseason moves.

Just Ray and Hall taking their time because there really isn’t a rush. The rush is in fan’s minds. Ray already knows whether Hall wants out or not.
If Hall refuses to re-sign, we have to start moving him before other teams have their rosters finalized so they can afford him. We should have an idea if he's game well before that, and if he's willing, then we can take our time from there.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If Hall refuses to re-sign, we have to start moving him before other teams have their rosters finalized so they can afford him. We should have an idea if he's game well before that, and if he's willing, then we can take our time from there.

By “we,” do you mean management or fans?

Shero already knows.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
You absolutely cannot go into the season with Hall un-signed.
Agree, with Nico and Hughes long term it won’t kill us to move him. If he doesn’t commit, you trade him for assets or a young dman. People won’t want to hear it, but long term it’s better.

On the other hand if he’s willing to re up, you tell him to draw up his own contract

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My vote is:

Hall - Hichier - Eberle -- Play Eberle with his buddy Hall, and Hall with his buddy Hichier.
Bratt - Hughes - Palmieri -- Give Hughes a shooter in Palms. Bratt's decent defensively
Boqvist - Zajac - Coleman -- Zajac and Coleman just play so well together. Add Boqvist for some scoring.
Wood - Zacha - Bastian -- Zacha and Wood feed off each other, and it's a physically line.
Agostino, Rooney -- Viable fill-ins when the injury bug hits.

I do like the idea of Zacha with Wood and BASTIAN. Zacha seems to play better with physical players to my eyes than when he is asked to be a physical player himself. Not that BASTIAN is truly ready but would be fun to watch and see if it worked.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I would want:

Dzingel
Nyquist
Eberle
Ferland

in that order
My rankings is:
1. Eberle - Great playoffs and past proven chemistry with Hall.
2. Nyquist - I was a little disappointed in his playoffs. 1 goal in 20 games. Not good enough. We need a goalscorer.
3. Dzingel - The major disappointment in the playoffs. Went completely missing.
4. Ferland - I dont think we can trust him to stay healthy with his style of play. We need that physical player but i see him similar to Ryane Clowe. Also not sure he is a top 6 forward we need. Seems more suited to being a 3rd liner.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I do like the idea of Zacha with Wood and BASTIAN. Zacha seems to play better with physical players to my eyes than when he is asked to be a physical player himself. Not that BASTIAN is truly ready but would be fun to watch and see if it worked.

I agree completely. Don’t think Bastian is quite ready yet. But this is a solid idea and basis for a future 3rd/4th line

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Maybe he's not. If he doesn't look ready pre-season, send him back and swap in either Joey or Agostino... or swap in Boqvist to make it a scoring line with a little size and run Agostino with Coleman-Zajac.

Reactions: My3Sons

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
You absolutely cannot go into the season with Hall un-signed.
I agree. It's scary to think of losing another franchise player for nothing. I trust Shero more than Lou doing his best impersonation of Will Ferrell doing his best impersonation of Harry Caray, so I think we'll be good.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It would be completely foolish to do so.
I think if you get to the beginning of the season and he's not signed yet, it's already too late to trade him since prospective trade partners will have their rosters set already. At that point you pretty much have to wait until the trade deadline.

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->