Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Hall- Nico -Ebs
Bratt/Boqvist-Hughes- Palms
Wood-Zajac-Coleman
Agostino-Zacha-Bastian

If Boqvist is ready, maybe you trade Bratt/Boqvist :sarcasm:!? They are redundant except I believe Boqvist will be the better shooter. If the Devils don’t select Kakko they will be in a position similar to the Pens where they are great down the middle but lack finishers/shooters.
(Eventually the Pens traded to fill the gaps) Maybe, the Devil’s can get another top 4 defenseman.

Why not trade Wood? He fits the team well. They Devil’s need his size and his reckless abandon. He is a great bottom 6. If he can keep getting 15-20 goals that will be gravy.

I feel the same way about Agostino. The 3 players who had nice finishes last season, on a line together. I honestly think that line can be productive.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Folks, I understand everyone wants to add scoring and I’m with you. However, look at the final four and you will see the top defenses in the game. Boston, St. Louis, San Jose and even Carolina. We need to start upgrading even if Smith comes out of the gate on fire. In addition, size wise, Greene, Butcher and Ty Smith worry me.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
if we sign eberle, i doubt we give him a NTC - otherwise it's gonna create a pickle of a situation with cory, palms, and trav already having them. i assume hall will get one, and we want to protect nico and bratt. correct me if i'm wrong on the clauses

if eberle doesn't get a NTC, then i assume we're gonna really overpay, since i doubt we want to give length

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Folks, I understand everyone wants to add scoring and I’m with you. However, look at the final four and you will see the top defenses in the game. Boston, St. Louis, San Jose and even Carolina. We need to start upgrading even if Smith comes out of the gate on fire.

Let’s make the playoffs first. Give this team a top 5 offense and then we can start trading futures for help on the back end.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think you put Zacha st 3C with the intent to create a third scoring line.

Zajac is the “4th line” in name only. His line is really a pure checking line matching up against other top lines to shut them down. So their minutes would be a lot heavier then their position on the depth chart suggests. Be where I would put Coleman too

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm vehemently against signing Eberle, but Ray Shero has earned my trust. If he wants to go there, I'll give Eberle the benefit of the doubt until he proves unworthy of it.

Anything over 3 years makes me sick to my stomach.

Reactions: Bet the Over

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think you put Zacha st 3C with the intent to create a third scoring line.

Zajac is the “4th line” in name only. His line is really a pure checking line matching up against other top lines to shut them down. So their minutes would be a lot heavier then their position on the depth chart suggests. Be where I would put Coleman too

It's an interesting idea.

Hall - Hischier - Eberle
Bratt - Hughes - Palmieri
Boqvist - Zacha - Wood
Coleman - Zajac - XXX/Noesen

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm vehemently against signing Eberle, but Ray Shero has earned my trust. If he wants to go there, I'll give Eberle the benefit of the doubt until he proves unworthy of it.

Anything over 3 years makes me sick to my stomach.

It just makes too much sense. His skill set fills a need and the Hall connection means he their might be mutual interest where other UFAs may not want to come here.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
With Eberle, people are forgetting that the team brought in an analytics guy that specializes in contracts, and to a man it seems, every analytics person says don't give him that much money.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
It’s just one more voice. The dude isn’t making the decisions. We aren’t Arizona where the spreadsheets run the team.

The guy apparently was in high demand, so I can't imagine they brought him in just to ignore him, especially when we're talking about a player for whom there are plenty of red flags.

EDIT: So yeah, I think Shero is going to tell him to go outside and have a Snapple if he starts saying that you can't give Taylor Hall a dollar over $6 million based on some cap dollar to goals scored ratio he came up with. But if he's says, Eberle is just not as good as you think he is and you are going to have a Lucic contract on your hands in a year or two, they're going to listen.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Hall-Hischier-Eberle
Bratt-Jack-Palms
Wood-Zajac-Coleman
Boqvist-Zacha-Bastian/Anderson

My vote is:

Hall - Hichier - Eberle -- Play Eberle with his buddy Hall, and Hall with his buddy Hichier.
Bratt - Hughes - Palmieri -- Give Hughes a shooter in Palms. Bratt's decent defensively
Boqvist - Zajac - Coleman -- Zajac and Coleman just play so well together. Add Boqvist for some scoring.
Wood - Zacha - Bastian -- Zacha and Wood feed off each other, and it's a physically line.
Agostino, Rooney -- Viable fill-ins when the injury bug hits.

Reactions: MilwaukeeDevil

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Folks, I understand everyone wants to add scoring and I’m with you. However, look at the final four and you will see the top defenses in the game. Boston, St. Louis, San Jose and even Carolina. We need to start upgrading even if Smith comes out of the gate on fire. In addition, size wise, Greene, Butcher and Ty Smith worry me.

Boston's defense isn't that special

Rask has been lights out these playoffs which makes them look way better than they really are

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
But I also don’t think this is a “Sign on July 1 or you’re traded” scenario. I don’t think Shero wants to get boxed in by artificial deadlines. As long as there’s a chance Hall might eventually be willing to sign an extension, I think Shero would want to keep that window open. In other words, if it means waiting until November or January to get it done, so be it.
Obviously, it’s a different thing if Hall decides outright that he wants to go to the UFA market in July 2020 and lets the Devils know this summer. That probably changes things for Shero depending on the kind of trade offers he would receive.
But at this hour, there’s no reason to believe Hall isn’t interested in entering negotiations. There certainly hasn’t been any indication otherwise.
LeBrun Notebook: Facing a salary cap crunch, Leafs discuss...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My vote is:

Hall - Hichier - Eberle -- Play Eberle with his buddy Hall, and Hall with his buddy Hichier.
Bratt - Hughes - Palmieri -- Give Hughes a shooter in Palms. Bratt's decent defensively
Boqvist - Zajac - Coleman -- Zajac and Coleman just play so well together. Add Boqvist for some scoring.
Wood - Zacha - Bastian -- Zacha and Wood feed off each other, and it's a physically line.
Agostino, Rooney -- Viable fill-ins when the injury bug hits.

I maintain I think Hall needs the shooter in Palms and Hughes needs the garbage man in Eberle.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I maintain I think Hall needs the shooter in Palms and Hughes needs the garbage man in Eberle.
I actually disagree. Hall shoots plenty, and Hischer shoots a fair amount too. Having Eberle to clean up would work well. Hughes needs someone to find to dish the puck off to who can rip a shot off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad