Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part Xll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Watching the AHL highlights from last night and saw that Quenneville had a scrap and thought, "that's what he need's to do in NJ".

And I think that thought can go for a couple guys. It's out of his character, but I think Zacha could use a scrap, because he needs to get out of his character.

Remember how great it was last year when Zajac threw down? Certainly out of his character, and I feel he's embraced a grittier role ever since.

Zacha already has a fight this year. Didn't really work out well for him. Didn't work out well for Quenneville either as he never returned to the game.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Talk about Disingenuous....

The worst was .1 difference between the top 3 ---

Pucks fly into the net ...LOL - You're full of poop.

LAST YEAR
ES GA/60
Severson 3.1
Vatanen 3.0
Greene 2.9
Moore 2.6
Butcher 2.6
Lovejoy 2.0
Greene and Vat's(and Greene Santini) without a doubt played tougher minutes last year then Moore and Sev's.

And for all the poop Moore got, all the talk about him dragging down Sevs, his ga/60 is a half goal better then Sev's.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That's an actual stat? That's dumb.
I think it's pretty decent.

Say for instance Seney is setting Stafford up all night for dandy chances and Stafford keeps putting them into the goalies chest. Scoresheet shows a bunch of shots for Stafford but nothing for Seney. One might look at the scoresheet and say hey, Stafford was driving that line while Seney was quiet. Shot assists gives Seney some love.

I'd like to see corsi assist too. Right BG?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Pucks fly into the net ...LOL

LAST YEAR
ES GA/60
Severson 3.1
Vatanen 3.0
Greene 2.9
Moore 2.6
Butcher 2.6
Lovejoy 2.0

Again, context. As I mentioned, it's looks "worse" than this as Vats & Greene go up against the other team's best, Severson didnt. At any rate, .1 or not, Severson is repeatedly & reliably either the worst or 2nd-worst on the team.

Last edited:

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Pucks fly into the net ...LOL

LAST YEAR
ES GA/60
Severson 3.1
Vatanen 3.0
Greene 2.9
Moore 2.6
Butcher 2.6
Lovejoy 2.0

I don't know why people need charts to figure out that Severson is horrible in his own end.

I just watch the games and that's all the information I need to confirm my point but I guess stats and numbers are the way to go now :dunno:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I think it's pretty decent.

Say for instance Seney is setting Stafford up all night for dandy chances and Stafford keeps putting them into the goalies chest. Scoresheet shows a bunch of shots for Stafford but nothing for Seney. One might look at the scoresheet and say hey, Stafford was driving that line while Seney was quiet. Shot assists gives Seney some love.

It is a really interesting little stat in that way. I'd like to see it more used as a comparison tool when discussing who among groups of players is a better "playmaker".

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Excellent offer.

I hesitate because this would obviously have to happen before or at the draft in June. Will Shero have a good enough feel on Hall's inclination to stay or go? Can they even discuss that before July 1? I know they can't negotiate or sign anything, obviously, but can they discuss Hall's future?

The value is great, and the high picks are sexy, but I'm afraid a deal like this may be a bit premature. I'd imagine Shero would want a better handle on Hall's mindset, before making a reactionary trade based on the tenuous-at-best possibility of Hall leaving...

They can talk all they want...I'm not sure how you would prevent them from doing so. Which is why so many of these guys sign extensions on July 1st the first day they are eligible.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not sure what you are doing wrong but:

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

It's you that's doing it wrong, you're not displaying it ES GA/60.

You need to weed out PP and SH from the data.

When you do that, you see John Moore is the worst in 2016, followed by Greene/Severson.

Greene was top-pairing. Was Moore? Dont remember.

GA2016.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Greene and Vat's(and Greene Santini) without a doubt played tougher minutes last year then Moore and Sev's.

And for all the poop Moore got, all the talk about him dragging down Sevs, his ga/60 is a half goal better then Sev's.
All it says is he got to play with a more stable partner for a period of time. The year before everyone Moore played played with their numbers got worse and away from him got better.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't know why people need charts to figure out that Severson is horrible in his own end.

I just watch the games and that's all the information I need to confirm my point but I guess stats and numbers are the way to go now :dunno:
Well here is the thing..I know what I am seeing and I am not so sure you do...So how do we settle it? With some numbers is the only answer I know of.

Reactions: devilsblood

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I just watch the games and that's all the information I need
to confirm my point but I guess stats and numbers are the way to go now :dunno:

I agree with you 100%, anyone who understands the Xs & Os of defense should know Severson is a liability defensively.

The only reason I'm using stats is there is a minority now (new hockey thing) that only realize the sky is blue if you have a fancy statistic to show it. Also? Get off my lawn.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's you that's doing it wrong, your not displaying it ES GA/60. You need to weed out PP and SH from the data.

When you do that, you see John Moore is the worst in 2016, followed by Greene/Severson.

Greene was top-pairing. Was Moore? Dont remember.

GA2016.jpg
A lot of Games that year Moore led the team in ice time. I remember being astonished

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
All Star Break is 2+ weeks away, yikes

wonder if this recent few losses has caused them to tell him to take his time coming back even moreso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad