Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part Xll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, we disagree, Bleed - and that's ok... I wish we could tell if the guy is really physically beat, or if it was a mercy killing because of his lack of confidence. I look at the WPG game and I see a pretty good goalie for the first part of the game making some great saves like he did in 2014 - but with the same rebound control issues he had from the start. He got beaten only by tap-ins and no-chancers.

Then, that last goal, that one that looked terrible - that was a classic capitulation by a goalie. Unfortunately, I can say I've been there - when you've gotten diced up, your team isn't doing anything right, (in fact they are scoring on you) and you cannot even trust your legs anymore. It's the 'I have no idea if I should stack the pads, challenge the shot or play deep, splits, barrel-roll, 1/2 butterfly or full-butterfly for this next shot, because it won't matter, I'm going to get beat.' It's a sucky place to be. That was a classic flail by a goalie who's confidence is shot.

You're starting to see the same kind of capitulation goals from KK at the end of games.
I think maybe the fact that he lets in a goal like the last one he allowed against Vegas, that's probably a confidence issue. A high school goalie would stop that shot with no problem. I that save is made by a 55-60 long since retired former NHL goalie, unless his positioning was so off that it goes around him and never even gets into his glove. That's probably a confidence lacking goal against.

The wraparound goal on the first one he allowed that game? That looks like lack of mobility. He looks like a broken windshield wiper when he moves from side to side.

I noticed that in the Winnipeg game you referenced too, only he wasn't beaten on any of the goals because of it, but he looked like an old timer that came out of retirement.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I find booing your own players as trashy as it gets. I don’t care if you paid or whatever. You chose to pay. The players didn’t force you.

I agree 100% on this. I think its pathetic, don't come to the game because obviously your angry or disgruntled with the team. You're supposed to support them booing does nothing. You dont think they already feel bad. Im sure their own competitive streaks make them feel worse then any fan booing can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad