Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Did the raid up to Riven. Did the first 3 bosses last night for experience, and again + vault today. Fun raid, the setting kind of feels all over the place though; not like Kings Fall or Leviathan.

Got the curated HC though, thing is awesome.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Finished the Raid this week, damn near broke a controller on Riven.

Not only is it tough (trying to avoid spoilers, but the targets on Riven that you have to communicate between two groups and hit are relatively tiny), but its buggy as hell. Every single member of our team reported tye same thing... hitting the target, not registering. Wipe. Try again.

****ing maddening.

Didnt get anything good weapon wise. Infused the curated Scout into my bygones. Got the HC, it was meh, infused it into Luna. Got the Fusion, base stats are alright, but roll isnt great. Thinking Im gonna infuse it into my EP Shotty. RL is a good roll, Ill keep it for the times I rock an exotic other than Sleeper.

Speaking of which, if you try this raid without the EP shotgun, Sleeper, and Whisper, you are nuts. They may as well make those 3 weapons mandatory to even start the damn thing.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Also beat the raid a couple days ago, fun raid. I wasn't one of the people in charge of shooting the spots on the Riven, but we only wiped once. On PC it's not too bad, definitely got to use a sniper of some sort to shoot them.

Got the curated HC from the 3rd boss, and it's insanely good.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
I just did the first half of the raid and got the curated hand cannon as well as the curated scout rifle. Haven't tried out the scout rifle yet, but the hand cannon is pretty damn good (very reminiscent of Fatebringer). It'd be much better as a primary though because I ain't giving up my beloved Ikelos shotgun.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I just did the first half of the raid and got the curated hand cannon as well as the curated scout rifle. Haven't tried out the scout rifle yet, but the hand cannon is pretty damn good (very reminiscent of Fatebringer). It'd be much better as a primary though because I ain't giving up my beloved Ikelos shotgun.
Yea hard to give up the shotgun, but for normal PVE stuff and dreaming city/blind well I use the HC because it's too much fun. Shotgun for raid, gambit, and nightfall though.

Also got the whisper yesterday so I can actually use something other than sleeper for once, helps on bosses like Riven too.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Only curated guns the game seems to want to give me are Vouchsafes.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Only curated guns the game seems to want to give me are Vouchsafes.

Ive received at least 50 legendary or powerful engrams in the dreaming city. Not one vouchsafe. I am f***ing drowning in Tigerspites. Every other drop. Its crazy-making.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

The Gambit hand cannon owns. It’s better than Ace of Spades IMO.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey lads, I've taken a break from Destiny since I got others things to do and I don't feel like playing in the cap system currently. So I just got one question, is Forsaken worth the 40 dollars even on a pure silver account like I am?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Hey lads, I've taken a break from Destiny since I got others things to do and I don't feel like playing in the cap system currently. So I just got one question, is Forsaken worth the 40 dollars even on a pure silver account like I am?

Hell. Yeah.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
First reset in Gambit completed. The static roll on Truth you get is actually less great than the Rampage/Triple Tap version with the extra ammo mod that dropped for me, IMO. At least for Gambit, anyway.

The heat death of the universe will occur before I get a ByGones with Outlaw and Killclip.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Beat the raid again; didn't get anything though. Just higher level gear I'll have to infuse into my current gear.

I have a Trust HC that has Outlaw/Rampage with Range MW; it's really good but unfortunately the IKELOS SG and Nation of the Beasts HC exist. I really want a good roll Hazard of the Cast/Tigersprite AR, because using Go Figure (which is amazing) isn't the best when adds are fairly close.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So the Legendary Edition for Forsaken is $39.99 right now on Amazon and I'm itching to buy it. I've heard a lot of REALLY good things about Forsaken. How many people here play on PC?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have never partook in a faction rally, so anybody have any idea when Bungie releases info when the next one takes place?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I have never partook in a faction rally, so anybody have any idea when Bungie releases info when the next one takes place?

They have a weekly column that comes out on Thursdays that detail things like faction rallies or iron banner or upcoming festivals etc. It's on their website and in the destiny 2 app

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Not sure why Factions aren't just permanent, there's nothing unique at tying them into events, just make them permanent like Destiny 1. You can level them up, complete bounties, and obtain unique gear for the faction. Just one of Bungies bizarre choices.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure why Factions aren't just permanent, there's nothing unique at tying them into events, just make them permanent like Destiny 1. You can level them up, complete bounties, and obtain unique gear for the faction. Just one of Bungies bizarre choices.
Yeah, I am with you on this one. I don't really mind how they do faction rally's, but instead of doing them like once every blue moon, Bungie does them every weekend. Get rid of the "my faction won, so I get a lot of powerful weapons at half-off" so new players can partake in the festivities. And do an actual faction rally (where you get half-off weapons/gear if you win) as they have it set up during their original seasons.

I just read something that they're redoing the process of faction rallies so they're not planned for season 4. Could not be true since I did not read it from Bungie, but that's what I am anticipating.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yeah, I am with you on this one. I don't really mind how they do faction rally's, but instead of doing them like once every blue moon, Bungie does them every weekend. Get rid of the "my faction won, so I get a lot of powerful weapons at half-off" so new players can partake in the festivities. And do an actual faction rally (where you get half-off weapons/gear if you win) as they have it set up during their original seasons.

I just read something that they're redoing the process of faction rallies so they're not planned for season 4. Could not be true since I did not read it from Bungie, but that's what I am anticipating.

The last two Faction Rallies were horrible. The second to last one I got to level 50 and didn’t even get the full armor set....neither did a lot of people and no one got rewarded for achievements.

The last rally they made all the armor available to purchase right from the start.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Iron Banner, Double Valor AND Triple Valor next week apparently?

Yep, think I'm gonna get that Redrix.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I took it to Microsoft, lol. I got a refund from the expansion I and II and decided to spend only 20 bucks more to buy the Legendary Edition.

I know you lads are way far in front of me, but omfffffg I love the bow 'n' arrow in this game (No Turning Back, I think that's what it's called)(was so freckin' surprised they added another gun in this game). No idea how good it is in crucible, but it is a destroyer among destroyers in PvE. On the mission Scorned and holy cow I am loving everything about what happened in the Forsaken story.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I took it to Microsoft, lol. I got a refund from the expansion I and II and decided to spend only 20 bucks more to buy the Legendary Edition.

I know you lads are way far in front of me, but omfffffg I love the bow 'n' arrow in this game (No Turning Back, I think that's what it's called)(was so freckin' surprised they added another gun in this game). No idea how good it is in crucible, but it is a destroyer among destroyers in PvE. On the mission Scorned and holy cow I am loving everything about what happened in the Forsaken story.

Both the legendary energy bows are better than that one.

You have to get the random roll with the explosive heads. So deadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad