Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I always like the slick-sci-fi look of Destiny but the lack of direction is definitely frustrating. I just can't get into it.

I just don't get the point of MMO's like this, just make a strong single player with a co-op option. I mean, look at games like the Monster Hunter series.... isn't that the better looter game concept? I guess the only disadvantage is that it isn't free. But heck, time is money IMO... stop wasting my time. :laugh:

Borderlands has the best combination of engaging story, shoot and loot, and level design IMO. BL2 is the pinnacle of this genre as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: 542365

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Raid looks fantastic, if a little too reliant on symbol reading. Looking forward to trying it.

It's worth doing the Preservation mission and collecting the lore thingies. They give you a 25 minute timer after you beat the mission to run around and look at things. Myself, I plan on using that opportunity to learn the layout of the first inside Raid encounter -- which building with which symbol is where relative to mid etc.

The two exotic GLs Parasite and Dead Messenger aren't super hard to get and are both worth having. In hectic situations where you are being swarmed by groups of enemies you need to eliminate immediately, or defending a plate or some such, these are great to have. DM set to Void, combined with Volatile Rounds and the void kill explosion fragment basically gives you heavy weapon firepower in your special slot. Parasite does insane burst damage and deletes yellows, albeit from close range as the worm doesn't lob too far.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Very enjoyable raid.

Nothing mind-blowing mechanically, but the storytelling both direct and environmental might be the best Bungie has every done.

It's a shame most of the Raid weapons are the poops. The GL, The Glave, and the Legendary Pulse are good, the exotic Pulse is good in PVE trash in PVP, and the rest are just not as good as weapons already in the weapons pool.

LOVE the look of the Raid armor though. You throw a Trials of the Nine shader on those bad boys, you look like an alien god.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
So I had a pretty decent Destiny 1 phase for like half a year and decided to try out Destiny 2 since I just upgraded to next gen & don’t really have a regular multiplayer game I’m enjoying right now.

Gameplay feels as fun as I remember but I’m definitely feeling lost as far as the campaign goes. If I don’t have the new expansion (or any of them) is there even a “campaign” for me to do? Right now all my quests are just introductions to game modes like Vanguard or Crucible. I did a few story missions on Earth but I don’t really think there’s any others, or at least the game isn’t making it obvious.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So I had a pretty decent Destiny 1 phase for like half a year and decided to try out Destiny 2 since I just upgraded to next gen & don’t really have a regular multiplayer game I’m enjoying right now.

Gameplay feels as fun as I remember but I’m definitely feeling lost as far as the campaign goes. If I don’t have the new expansion (or any of them) is there even a “campaign” for me to do? Right now all my quests are just introductions to game modes like Vanguard or Crucible. I did a few story missions on Earth but I don’t really think there’s any others, or at least the game isn’t making it obvious.

There is a story but you pretty much have to look it up all the way until witch queen and play that.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Raid looks fantastic, if a little too reliant on symbol reading. Looking forward to trying it.

It's worth doing the Preservation mission and collecting the lore thingies. They give you a 25 minute timer after you beat the mission to run around and look at things. Myself, I plan on using that opportunity to learn the layout of the first inside Raid encounter -- which building with which symbol is where relative to mid etc.

The two exotic GLs Parasite and Dead Messenger aren't super hard to get and are both worth having. In hectic situations where you are being swarmed by groups of enemies you need to eliminate immediately, or defending a plate or some such, these are great to have. DM set to Void, combined with Volatile Rounds and the void kill explosion fragment basically gives you heavy weapon firepower in your special slot. Parasite does insane burst damage and deletes yellows, albeit from close range as the worm doesn't lob too far.
The timer is for requirements for the Raid Ghost Shell.

The Osteo Striga masterworked is an ad clearing dream for the raid.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Anyone still playing?

Game feels like it's in a really great spot right now. I was a Year 1 D1 player and then hopped back in for the first time about a month after Witch Queen dropped. Been pretty hooked since, so much so that I've done research on all of the "dark years" that I was lucky to miss. Been doing my first ever GMs the past month or so, really fun stuff.

This current season was easily the best so far (I've only done the past 4 obviously) and Lightfall is bringing some great UI changes. Stoked to say the least.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Anyone still playing?

Game feels like it's in a really great spot right now. I was a Year 1 D1 player and then hopped back in for the first time about a month after Witch Queen dropped. Been pretty hooked since, so much so that I've done research on all of the "dark years" that I was lucky to miss. Been doing my first ever GMs the past month or so, really fun stuff.

This current season was easily the best so far (I've only done the past 4 obviously) and Lightfall is bringing some great UI changes. Stoked to say the least.
I'm doing the Lightfall campaign with blue weapons only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad