Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wick, looking forward to grabbing those.

Curious, has anybody successfully did the quest for Whisper of the Worm? And if so, is it as hard as the tutorial video says?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Curious, has anybody successfully did the quest for Whisper of the Worm? And if so, is it as hard as the tutorial video says?
Its pretty hard. I recommend a fire team of three with at least one person who’s done it before.

However it is beatable otherwise. The hardest part is getting the right public event to spawn.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Whisper is doable, the key is getting through the jumping puzzle and to the boss as quickly as possible. It took me my team a few tries, but got it down using the Polaris Lance. Like Hossa said, it helps to have someone in the team that knows how to do it.

Has anyone played comp for Luna's Howl? I've been solo grinding on PC, and my god what a sweat fest. I am at 1850 with 12 hand cannon headshots to go and I cannot wait to be done. Hopefully can complete it tonight and then concentrate on the rank resets for Redrix this week with double and triple valor.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Whisper is doable, the key is getting through the jumping puzzle and to the boss as quickly as possible. It took me my team a few tries, but got it down using the Polaris Lance. Like Hossa said, it helps to have someone in the team that knows how to do it.

Has anyone played comp for Luna's Howl? I've been solo grinding on PC, and my god what a sweat fest. I am at 1850 with 12 hand cannon headshots to go and I cannot wait to be done. Hopefully can complete it tonight and then concentrate on the rank resets for Redrix this week with double and triple valor.

I had no interest to play comp until i ran into a few people with Luna's Howl. I want it. Might pick a character to grind comp on.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So the next question for you lot is that is Whisper of the Worm worth it? I saw some of the perks and it absolutely seems like an amazing OP weapon, especially the one where three precision shots automatically reloads the magazine for you. That's beast.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
The Whisper is definitely worth it. The jumping puzzle is tricky but I have a few buddies carry me through it. The gun is sick, drops a low light ~380, and the resulting quests to upgrade are rigorous. I am currently in the middle of grinding the sleeper and the ace of spades. By far the most time consuming game I've ever played. Also I just upgraded my first gun, the Trust. It has Outlaw and Zen Moment so it dusts when I land head shots.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I got a few Trusts, though none with a good roll. Got my first Bygones the other day with full auto and opening shot, not the greatest at all but even with crud perks I love it, feels right. I hope I can get the one The Drifter is selling, but i don't think I'll get to that level before it leaves

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Siiiiiiiiigh.... after grinding all weekend, I finally got a Horror's Least curated roll to drop.

And I lost it cause I didn't keep track of how many engrams I had picked up, and my mailbox was out of space.

Sometimes, I truly hate this game.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Siiiiiiiiigh.... after grinding all weekend, I finally got a Horror's Least curated roll to drop.

And I lost it cause I didn't keep track of how many engrams I had picked up, and my mailbox was out of space.

It sucks that you spent all that time for nothing.

However, it has to be said that it is 100% on you f your mailbox runs out of space. You're supposed to clear it. It's a temporary storage space, not a permanent one.

I do wish Bungie would overhaul the shader interface though. It's absolutely awful and has far too little space. Shaders are usually what ends up in my mailbox as a result.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Sometimes, I truly hate this game.

However, it has to be said that it is 100% on you f your mailbox runs out of space. You're supposed to clear it. It's a temporary storage space, not a permanent one.

I do wish Bungie would overhaul the shader interface though. It's absolutely awful and has far too little space. Shaders are usually what ends up in my mailbox as a result.

Use the companion app or Ishtar and you can dump them to your vault from your phone.

It's a jumping nightmare. Look online and look at what you need to have equipped for each class. You'll need the Jump exotic boots for Hunter.

My first random roll Bygones dropped Polygonal, High Cal Rounds, Outlaw, Kill Clip with a range MW. Be jealous.

Black. Talon. Be jealouser.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Yeah, I know. I just wish it gave you an alert in game. It tells you when you hit the tower, but doesnt help much if you’re just cranking out strikes over and over.

Ah well. Got a roll with Zen moment and moving target, with a handling masterwork, which isnt a bad pvp roll for the gun.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
When i go to the tower, why does it say "lost sector discovered " in the corner? It's been happening for about a month now and it doesn't happen every time? Odd bug?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's a jumping nightmare. Look online and look at what you need to have equipped for each class. You'll need the Jump exotic boots for Hunter.
I only play as a Titan, still bad (I hear that Warlocks are the worst though)? I used the Fireteam finder yesterday as a test by simply putting Worm's name in the title and got a fireteam of four in the matter of 5 minutes at like midnight. So it should be easy to assemble a fireteam for the gun whenever I want.

Currently though I am doing other exotic grindings for Nascent Dawn quest and Sleep Simulant quest. 15 sleeper nodes though? That is going to be a pain in the ass, however I got one yesterday and have enough to make two more. Just gotta do a lot of those public events I guess.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I only play as a Titan, still bad (I hear that Warlocks are the worst though)? I used the Fireteam finder yesterday as a test by simply putting Worm's name in the title and got a fireteam of four in the matter of 5 minutes at like midnight. So it should be easy to assemble a fireteam for the gun whenever I want.

Currently though I am doing other exotic grindings for Nascent Dawn quest and Sleep Simulant quest. 15 sleeper nodes though? That is going to be a pain in the ass, however I got one yesterday and have enough to make two more. Just gotta do a lot of those public events I guess.

Priority should be on the Sleeper Simulant. You'll need it for Gambit and others.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The roll for the Pulse Rifle from the Iron Banner vendor is pretty good... not god-roll, but worth clearing one of the easier bounties for.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I'm grinding for the override frequency nodes and these random blokes came out of nowhere with myself, together managed to beat the 7th wave big **** boss on Mars and I don't have decryption keys to access the loot. WTF Bungie? Why even make make it like that? Like why?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I cant remember clearly but arent the keys just for armor? Wont the weapons drop without one?

Could be wrong. Grinded that out awhile ago now.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I cant remember clearly but arent the keys just for armor? Wont the weapons drop without one?

Could be wrong. Grinded that out awhile ago now.
You’re right. The chest only rewards armor. Weapons can drop just normally. However weapons are not a guaranteed drop since they want you to grid the event.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So I'm grinding for the override frequency nodes and these random blokes came out of nowhere with myself, together managed to beat the 7th wave big **** boss on Mars and I don't have decryption keys to access the loot. WTF Bungie? Why even make make it like that? Like why?

They changed things up when Forsaken was released. You need to complete a Nightfall to get all the keys you’ll need. Take the Keyes to Mars and you’ll get the decryption key for EP.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
That chest isn't great anyhow. The loot you want drops from tier 7 boss which drops the weapons. I got all 3 weapons in about 10 level 7 tries.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
The Redrix grind is complete, and I did it almost exclusively without double valor. A long quest but certainly easily obtainable with the valor boosts this week and weekend. I have really improved in the Crucible just from grinding this out. There are a lot of sweaty kids in quickplay on PC. I'm not sure the gun is going to be worth it for Crucible use, but it shreds PVE mobs.

I'm almost halfway through getting Luna's just from playing the 25 comp matches from the Redrix quest.

If you are a PVP shotgunner do some Mindbenders farming this week. The curated roll has opening shot, which so far seems broken on a shotgun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->