Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Don't know about EP but I did the questline that results in the Man o War fusion rifle from the main story and it was 500, i was maybe 470ish at that point

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes they are. The story mode of Curse of Osiris and Warmind were meh. The after story mode activities were AWESOME. Brother Vance's weapons quest and the quest to get the sleeper simulant as well as Escalation Protocol are awesome. The Strikes from both these DLCs never get old.
If the game is a good price on Black Friday I'll probably get it, but definitely not now with this sort of just trash business ethics/model. I loved the vanilla version of Destiny 2, everything except the armour shaders.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I was looking at some of the Destiny stuff on the Xbox store and cannot believe how much Activision and Bungie have not learned absolutely anything. Again I haven't bought any of the DLC yet because I didn't really have time to play, but I might to get it now.

So....for the people who preordered Destiny 2 and the multiple editions as my friend did (who spent 100 bucks on the highest) were able to get the first two DLC's which in reality aren't really worth the extra 30 dollars you get on the special edition. However, you cannot buy the Forsaken DLC by itself without spending another 60 dollars on the legendary edition which comes with the full game....ehhhhhhh, no. Bungie and Activision pretty much decided to **** the customers who actually bough the special edition and the game when it came out at full price. What type of customer service is that? PS4 didn't get any extra content, they just got the freedom to actually buy the DLCs at their own volition.

That's as horse**** as these companies can be and get.

You can buy the new DLC on its own, if you already own the other two DLCs. I believe its an issue with the XBox store.

edit: i missed the part where you already mentioned it was an xbox only issue. Hopefully they get it straightened out. If you still own the game its worth trying it again even without buying forsaken, the weapon system and the other changes are good as well.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You can buy the new DLC on its own, if you already own the other two DLCs. I believe its an issue with the XBox store.

edit: i missed the part where you already mentioned it was an xbox only issue. Hopefully they get it straightened out. If you still own the game its worth trying it again even without buying forsaken, the weapon system and the other changes are good as well.
Okay you can buy Forsaken by itself from Gamestop, but I don't know if it's a physical copy or if it is just a code (E: sounds like the code). However, to play Forsaken the first and second expansion packs are required, LOL. I had to reread it again and that's what it says on Gamestop.

Also on Gamestop is this thing called Forsaken: Annual pass, so now Activision/Bungie created a DLC pass for DLC content. Amazing.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
If the game is a good price on Black Friday I'll probably get it, but definitely not now with this sort of just trash business ethics/model. I loved the vanilla version of Destiny 2, everything except the armour shaders.

What trash? They re-wrote the game from the ground up 15 months before launch. This game is better than D1. Don't believe all the salty garbage negating the game. It's surpassed D1 by leaps and bounds. There's so much stuff packed into this DLC that it's going to take a long time for everyone to get through it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What trash? They re-wrote the game from the ground up 15 months before launch. This game is better than D1. Don't believe all the salty garbage negating the game. It's surpassed D1 by leaps and bounds. There's so much stuff packed into this DLC that it's going to take a long time for everyone to get through it.
Did you miss the sentence where I thought Destiny 2 vanilla was fantastic, compared to all the backlash by salty fans? The game is wonderful and runs so smoothly...however...

The business model of the game from Bungie and Activision is trash and shows poor ethics. The game should've been allowed all freedom for people to buy the actual game, the DLC, and Forsaken by itself. They have these stupid deals where Amazon gets one version, Gamestop gets another, Microsoft store gets another, and Playstation gets another one. If Sony wanted extra content, then allow Bungie to put in more missions and more exotics instead giving people freedom (which should have already been allowed for every player) to buy whatever DLC's they want. On the Microsoft store, I should have the right to just buy the Forsaken DLC regardless of whatever the game previously came out with. For the record I plan on buying all the DLC's, but not at the price they are at now.

E: I don't see how an extra ship, one armour model per class, a gun, and a strike as solid extra content to get the game on Sony IMHO.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
On a different note, Gambit is free for all this weekend so if you need to get the 'Ace of Spades' quest done, this would be the time to do it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Did you miss the sentence where I thought Destiny 2 vanilla was fantastic, compared to all the backlash by salty fans? The game is wonderful and runs so smoothly...however...

The business model of the game from Bungie and Activision is trash and shows poor ethics. The game should've been allowed all freedom for people to buy the actual game, the DLC, and Forsaken by itself. They have these stupid deals where Amazon gets one version, Gamestop gets another, Microsoft store gets another, and Playstation gets another one. If Sony wanted extra content, then allow Bungie to put in more missions and more exotics instead giving people freedom (which should have already been allowed for every player) to buy whatever DLC's they want. On the Microsoft store, I should have the right to just buy the Forsaken DLC regardless of whatever the game previously came out with. For the record I plan on buying all the DLC's, but not at the price they are at now.

E: I don't see how an extra ship, one armour model per class, a gun, and a strike as solid extra content to get the game on Sony IMHO.

First off, Sony has game exclusivity for one year over all other platforms for everything that's the only version that's different from all the rest. There is no other exclusive deals. They all have the same game.

Heavens forbid a company from making money. This is the new era of gaming. Forsaken is a progression of the game to a new level. It's not really a DLC in the traditional sense but another chapter in the game.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Content can't be à la carte because it would f*** up the playlist hoppers. This is how it has always been and how it will always be.

I don't know what's available atm but they'd be smart to put out a bundle that had Forsaken + the prior DLC for like $50.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Content can't be à la carte because it would **** up the playlist hoppers. This is how it has always been and how it will always be.

I don't know what's available atm but they'd be smart to put out a bundle that had Forsaken + the prior DLC for like $50.

The legendary edition is $60 USD. That includes CoO, Warmind, and Forsaken and is available on all platforms.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA

I would say that if you are this upset about spending an extra $20 for the previous content then the Destiny series is probably not for you.

Warmind itself is worth that much, IMO.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Is it me or does Fusion scavenger not actually do anything? I've got 3 pieces with this perk on it and I still only pick up 1 shot in crucible.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I would say that if you are this upset about spending an extra $20 for the previous content then the Destiny series is probably not for you.

Warmind itself is worth that much, IMO.

Totally worth the money.

Is it me or does Fusion scavenger not actually do anything? I've got 3 pieces with this perk on it and I still only pick up 1 shot in crucible.

There's a bug in the weapon. Hold on to it until they fix it.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
So close to beating this raid. I did so much grinding to get raid ready and the majority of my clan mates are 20+ power under me. Riven is a pain in the ass with a team of players at low 550's.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Got the Ikelos shotgun the other day so I can finally run my Bygone and it in crucible.

Got a Cerberus +1 also and it seems like a fun gun, still don't know how good it is though. It's hard giving up the Sleeper exotic slot though.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Got the Ikelos shotgun the other day so I can finally run my Bygone and it in crucible.

Got a Cerberus +1 also and it seems like a fun gun, still don't know how good it is though. It's hard giving up the Sleeper exotic slot though.
Cerebrus crushes in Crucible and Gambit. I got multiple 5 and 10 kill streaks in Crucible (Iron Banana) in consecutive games with this.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Definitely leaning towards an exotic heavy in Crucible. Two-tailed, Queenbreaker, or the raid fusion... if any of them would ever drop. Ace of Spades is about the only kinetic/energy that competes atm and I'd rather use Bygones.

Also got this Crooked Fang linear fusion and I've been killing all the Sleeper users with it because it's just a way faster charge time.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Finally beat it and got the exotic to drop!

destiny-2-one-thousand-voices.jpg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

The elusive optimal Gambit opening with randos... beat the other team to 25, dump a bunch of blockers at the same time just as they're trying to turn theirs in, invade, make some of them quit the game.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Just played a game where we banked 23, and 2 players on my team choose to not bank theirs, while I was waiting by the portal and spamming chat to bank, meanwhile the other team had about 45 motes not banked. About 20 seconds later both those players are dead from an invasion and I'm trying to kill the 2 orges, and 3 other enemies in the middle...

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I got matched against Redeem in gambit with 3 randoms. They don’t mess around. The boss is melted instantly. Indica has a video on their setup, it is just two Skulfort titans a tether and a well of radiance. All players meet in the middle with ikelos shotties and melt.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I actually decided to buy the first two expansions yesterday and started the story-mode of Curse of Osiris (so far has been wicked).

Can you use Three of Coin during Gambit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->