Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I got matched against Redeem in gambit with 3 randoms. They don’t mess around. The boss is melted instantly. Indica has a video on their setup, it is just two Skulfort titans a tether and a well of radiance. All players meet in the middle with ikelos shotties and melt.

Yea I was playing against a group that was like... melting point + a couple blade barrages and as soon as they got a couple seconds the boss health bar disappeared both rounds.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I got matched against Redeem in gambit with 3 randoms. They don’t mess around. The boss is melted instantly. Indica has a video on their setup, it is just two Skulfort titans a tether and a well of radiance. All players meet in the middle with ikelos shotties and melt.

If you have a team that works together they can melt the Prime Evil pretty quickly. I've run into too many mote holding idiots in Gambit and lost because of them. First game this guy lost 37 motes. Second game 50.

So I actually decided to buy the first two expansions yesterday and started the story-mode of Curse of Osiris (so far has been wicked).

Can you use Three of Coin during Gambit?

I've used it a lot and never got an exotic. Not worth what you spend on it.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
They added a legit dungeon(which is Mara Sov's throne world) and a developer on Twitter hinted that there is more. They've really pulled it together at Bungie.

Wish Ender is great. I'm just not a fan of bows.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Finally got Luna’s Howl. It’s ****ing great, even in my average-at-best-with-handcannons hands.

Next up, Redrix Broadsword. First step for pulse rifle kills should be easy given I use Bygones as a primary. Should have just got Claymore last season, but didnt have time for much other than Trials on weekends.

Also, unpopular opinion, but the Ikelos shotgun isnt great in PVP imo. Its handling is too low and its out-ranged by a lot of other shotties. I had far better performance in crucible when I swapped it. Its my favorite shotty in the game for pve tho.

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Finally got Luna’s Howl. It’s ****ing great, even in my average-at-best-with-handcannons hands.

Trust. Best Hand cannon in the game. Try it. It's the most commonly used handgun in the crucible and gambit.

They added a legit dungeon(which is Mara Sov's throne world) and a developer on Twitter hinted that there is more. They've really pulled it together at Bungie.

Wish Ender is great. I'm just not a fan of bows.

Get one with an explosive head and use it in strikes, lost sectors, missions, etc. It owns.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Only problem with Luna's is that it's energy, and I still kinda feel like energy primary weapons are a handicap in both PvP and PvE.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Trust. Best Hand cannon in the game. Try it. It's the most commonly used handgun in the crucible and gambit.

I’ve only had one drop for me and the roll was bad. If I get a better roll Ill put some time in with it.

Magnificent Howl is so easy to engage, and it just melts teams once its active.

Im considering grinding out gambit before doing Redrix. I love my kill-clip bygones, but Id like to get one with outlaw as well, rather than slideshot (which isnt terrible, just not ideal)

What Id really like is for a dreaming city engram to drop me the scout rifle. Cause every other new scout Ive used has been meh at best. Frankly, Im thinking Id be better off infusing Purpose up to 530

Last edited:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Just got the Huckleberry catalyst...gun reloads on kill, lol. that plus the EP shotgun will be my go-to for plate and point defences etc.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy hell, Warmind's campaign is like ten times harder than anything I faced in CoO.

What's up with these weapons going from primary slot to secondary slot and vice versa? I just got Long Shadow as a primary weapon and an assault rife as a secondary weapon.

Omfg, I just got Tone Patrol and wow favourite gun in the game by far.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I’ve only had one drop for me and the roll was bad. If I get a better roll Ill put some time in with it.

Magnificent Howl is so easy to engage, and it just melts teams once its active.

Im considering grinding out gambit before doing Redrix. I love my kill-clip bygones, but Id like to get one with outlaw as well, rather than slideshot (which isnt terrible, just not ideal)

What Id really like is for a dreaming city engram to drop me the scout rifle. Cause every other new scout Ive used has been meh at best. Frankly, Im thinking Id be better off infusing Purpose up to 530

Bungie has acknowledged that the Scouts need a buff because they lost their stopping power since Forsaken came out. I don't use scouts anymore because of it.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Bungie has acknowledged that the Scouts need a buff because they lost their stopping power since Forsaken came out. I don't use scouts anymore because of it.

I have a Cut and Run with Outlaw and Dragonfly. It's not bad. but yeah they need to pack more of a punch like they used to.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm afraid once they buff Scouts they'll be the meta again. Scout meta is the worst.

Also hit 560 and have yet to do the raid. Always hard finding 5 other people, especially on PC.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'm afraid once they buff Scouts they'll be the meta again. Scout meta is the worst.

Also hit 560 and have yet to do the raid. Always hard finding 5 other people, especially on PC.

No, AR meta is the worst. Shotgun meta is acceptable but not great. Any precision weapon meta is the best option.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
They aren't going to change anything with scouts in PVP, only PVE.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
No, AR meta is the worst. Shotgun meta is acceptable but not great. Any precision weapon meta is the best option.
The meta right now is good. Everything except Scouts are viable I've been killed by pretty much everything except Scouts. Shotgun meta is always a thing, and scout meta was a thing at release and it was terrible. You could 2 or 3 tap someone across the map, and you would just get ganked by 2 or more people peak shooting.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Uhh no. That's now how Bungie does things unfortunately, game would be a lot funner if they kept things separate.

Uhh yes.

Scout Rifle Damage > Destiny 2 | Forums | Bungie.net

At the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken, Scout Rifle damage was reduced for PvE activities. This was further impacted by an issue where Explosive Rounds were negatively effecting damage, which was addressed in a recent hotfix.

To further address the player feedback, we are planning to increase Scout Rifle damage by 15% in a future patch.

Stay tuned for updates.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What's the cut off light for each DLC?

CoO?
Warmind?
Forsaken?

I just beat Warmind and conducting the Rasputin's Culling quest, but I am noticing that all my gun's lights are not going past 335 power. I do not have Forsaken, so is 400 the highest light for me?

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX

Get one with an explosive head and use it in strikes, lost sectors, missions, etc. It owns.
Idk, two-tapping people with AoS is pretty hilarious in PvP too. The Trust I got is a pretty crap roll, and the recoil is so weird to get used to. I'd use a God roll Trust if I got one, but as of now AoS is my go too for PvE and PvP. Still want that new nightfall exclusive shotgun from the new strike though, it's supposed to be wicked. You're right about the explosive head bows though, I use the arsenic bite because the sights are better imo. Explosive head + rampage.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah so I played a little bit more and I keep getting 340 weapons and armour. I found out yesterday with some googling that Warmind increases the light level to 380, so does it make sense for me to get nothing above 344 (which is the highest light I have) without having Forsaken? FTR I haven't done any of the raids either.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Kinda peeved that the new dungeon is on a 3-week rotation. I get that Bungie want the world to feel dynamic, but time-locking content in a game that's fairly light on content (for anybody that isn't jumping in fresh now with a whole base game and 3 expansions to explore for the first time) feels like a bit of an F-U. Hopefully there's more new content to be unveiled. If not, guess I'll just grind Gambit for better Bygones drops (come on, RNGod, give me an outlaw/killclip combo).

Hoping to finish the Raid for the first time this week. Getting people together to run the whole thing has been like herding cats.

Yeah so I played a little bit more and I keep getting 340 weapons and armour. I found out yesterday with some googling that Warmind increases the light level to 380, so does it make sense for me to get nothing above 344 (which is the highest light I have) without having Forsaken? FTR I haven't done any of the raids either.

What's your light level currently?

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
My overall character is 339, but my highest single object is a grenade launcher at 344. However, majority of the engrams, armour and guns I get, like 98.9% of it keeps staying at 335.

340 is the soft cap in Warmind. To get more powerful items after that, you need powerful engrams (or raid drops, I think?).

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
My overall character is 339, but my highest single object is a grenade launcher at 344. However, majority of the engrams, armour and guns I get, like 98.9% of it keeps staying at 335.

340 is the soft cap in Warmind. To get more powerful items after that, you need powerful engrams (or raid drops, I think?).

Daily and weekly milestones will boost you up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad