Player Discussion Danton Heinen VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well if it gets heinen going and Krejci too I'd be fine with it. Bergeron and Marchand will produce regardless. No RW is coming to the top 6 via trade anytime soon

But DK isn't doing anything right now. Literally nothing. 5 games, 1 assist, 6 shots on goal. That's it.

And to be fair, I have to assume he's trying to play through the injury, but man, he needs to get going asap for this team to have another deep playoff run.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
**** putting Heinen on the first line at Pastrnaks expense.

last 2 years 5v5 stats:

Marchand-Bergy-heinen (197 minutes)

CF%: 54.68%
Goals For%: 73.33%
Goalie save %: 95.12%

marchand-Bergy-pasta (526 min)

CF%: 56.22%
GF%:55.74%
Goalie save%: 89.33

Debrusk-krejci-pasta (62min)

CF%: 62.22%
GF%: 75%
Goalie save%: 95%

the debrusk-krejci-Pastrnak line is a relatively small sample size but has performed well. The Marchand-Bergy-heinen line has out performed the Marchand-Bergy-Pastrnak line especially defensively.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Stop with the defensive stats to sell Heinen
Bruins need offense from 2-4 forward lines

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
But DK isn't doing anything right now. Literally nothing. 5 games, 1 assist, 6 shots on goal. That's it.

And to be fair, I have to assume he's trying to play through the injury, but man, he needs to get going asap for this team to have another deep playoff run.

Its only October, half a year until he is really needed to step up. I dont see how they have the cap space to get anything significant at RW. Probably will acquire another Johansson type player that can help the 3rd line

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Its only October, half a year until he is really needed to step up. I dont see how they have the cap space to get anything significant at RW

I'd rather get in front of this before it's a real issue. If DK is hurt now, put him on IR and let him heal. Far better than having him limp through the season and not be strong in the playoffs.

Reactions: Alicat and Skelen

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd rather get in front of this before it's a real issue. If DK is hurt now, put him on IR and let him heal. Far better than having him limp through the season and not be strong in the playoffs.

I wouldn't rush him back either. Rest him and with this 5-1 start, give some prospects a shot.

Reactions: LSCII

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Stop with the defensive stats to sell Heinen
Bruins need offense from 2-4 forward lines

not allowing goals while on the ice is just as important as scoring goals and heinen has been one of 17 players who have played at least 800 minutes combined the last two years heinen has the best goals for to goals against ratio on the team 37 goals for 21 goals against with him on the ice during 5v5 play.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Now here I agree with you. Did you see that pig fly past your window? :laugh:

I get that I've been critical of DK in the past, but I've never disliked him as a player. I've just always thought he was better than he showed and is a huge key to the success of this team. So I've been very hard on him because he's that important.

Reactions: Alicat

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
See, the issue with giving Pasta to DK is that they don't play well together and have very little chemistry. So I disagree completely with your view. I'd rather have one great line than 4 ****ty ones that don't produce and try to fill the 2nd line RW with a deadline move instead.

I agree with acquiring a rwinger. But this has been ongoing saga for too long where I have somewhat given up.
As far as playing with pasta
Krejci played extremely well when Berg was injured last year to the point that many wanted Krejci to stay on first line. Me included.
However if you want pasta on first line then give him March
But not only for a game or two but for a good amount of games.
Imo early in the season is the time to try it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I agree with acquiring a rwinger. But this has been ongoing saga for too long where I have somewhat given up.
As far as playing with pasta
Krejci played extremely well when Berg was injured last year to the point that many wanted Krejci to stay on first line. Me included.
However if you want pasta on first line then give him March
But not only for a game or two but for a good amount of games.
Imo early in the season is the time to try it.

DK played well because he centered both Pasta AND Marchand. Pasta, JDB, and DK wasn't nearly as effective as DK with BM and Pasta.

I suggested moving Marchand to play with DK a few weeks ago and nobody even replied. Not that I think they'd do it, but those guys at least play a similar cycle game to each other. It's a better stylistic fit than DK and Pasta, imo.

Reactions: Marcobruin

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
DK played well because he centered both Pasta AND Marchand. Pasta, JDB, and DK wasn't nearly as effective as DK with BM and Pasta.

I suggested moving Marchand to play with DK a few weeks ago and nobody even replied. Not that I think they'd do it, but those guys at least play a similar cycle game to each other. It's a better stylistic fit than DK and Pasta, imo.

For wtv it's worth Pastr and Dk are fellow countrymen so
That cant hurt but yes try March with Dk I'm all for this too

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Where's the 960,000 page thread on DeBrusk?

It's already starting a little bit in other threads, but the main reason you don't hear much of anything about JDB is because his invisibility is directly tied to David Krejci being MIA this year so far. Can't go hard after JDB without admitting that so you get very few people saying a word about JDB. :laugh:

Heinen is fair game though because he doesn't hit or drop the gloves.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
not allowing goals while on the ice is just as important as scoring goals and heinen has been one of 17 players who have played at least 800 minutes combined the last two years heinen has the best goals for to goals against ratio on the team 37 goals for 21 goals against with him on the ice during 5v5 play.
Ok You can lose 1-0
Come on that’s an old line
Here is a golden oldie, you can’t win if you don’t score
I am not picking on Heinen he is darn good player

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's already starting a little bit in other threads, but the main reason you don't hear much of anything about JDB is because his invisibility is directly tied to David Krejci being MIA this year so far. Can't go hard after JDB without admitting that so you get very few people saying a word about JDB. :laugh:

Heinen is fair game though because he doesn't hit or drop the gloves.
or score?

(I think he's been fine this year defensively by the way)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Preventing goals is slightly more important, as shown by any kind of pythagorean estimation.

Not directed at you.....but the linked article is exactly what I hate about today's game.

It used to be that you'd watch a guy play and decide whether or not you liked their game.

Today, a guy joins a team, 100 games into his career people look at his "stats" (the 34 dozen that are available now) and those stats tell you that have to like him or not based on the current thinking.

Reactions: LSCII and Dr Hook

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Don't forget their ages and amount of hockey they've played.. it is very probable that DK starts to head downwards
This is inevitable and to be expected but I don't think it will be accepted

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We get a huge thread on Ritchie because of the three he's clearly the weakest link and doesn't really belong in the top 9.
I'm not disagreeing with that, but I don't think everyone who's critiquing Heinen are wrong either.

Ritchie isn't the most offensively talented guy, obviously, but he makes $1M a year.

Reactions: GoBs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad