Player Discussion Danton Heinen VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
When Heinen realized the wrap was not going to work, he set up McAvoy about 6 feet from the net and he missed.

As I have said before, if Heinen (and Coyle) keep playing like they are, the points will come.

Guy gets noticed more than ever and he's on the verge of greatness.
He better hope he gets cracking cuz as we speak he's on pace for 14 pts. With pp time I may add.
If that type of production persists he can join itchy Backes (keeps getting scratched) as another bruin ripping off the organization...
Well DS better hope it too.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He had the most success with Marchand/Bergeron and Debrusk/Coyle. Either works and gives a little change up that can help spread the scoring.

I love the way Heinen is playing. This is the most assertive he's been since making the team.

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Coyle and Heinen have played really well together. I agree that the points will come. It’s going to take a really deep team to match up their 3rd d-pair/line against them. Their worst game was Colorado and it was likely because they got stuck against Kadri all night.

Would loooove to see Heinen play some center. He did a little this pre-season the game Krejci got injured. I think he’s pretty rough on the dot but is definitely a playmaker and will do the right thing in the d-zone.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Guy gets noticed more than ever and he's on the verge of greatness.
He better hope he gets cracking cuz as we speak he's on pace for 14 pts. With pp time I may add.
If that type of production persists he can join itchy Backes (keeps getting scratched) as another bruin ripping off the organization...
Well DS better hope it too.

Yeah, it's not even remotely the same. It's funny how you focus on Heinen when the whole lineup, besides the 1st line, is struggling to produce.

Where are these posts for Coyle? DeBrusk? Kuhlman? Ritchie?

Typical joke posting. Get better.

Also, itchy Backes is another terrible nickname for the player.

Rules prevent me from giving you a suitable nickname but maybe we can get Backes to sign up for the thread and he can give you one.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He had the most success with Marchand/Bergeron and Debrusk/Coyle. Either works and gives a little change up that can help spread the scoring.

I love the way Heinen is playing. This is the most assertive he's been since making the team.

He's definitely playing with more confidence this season. He's had some good shots but they just haven't gone in.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I don't get the promote Heinen to the 1st line and drop Pasta?
Pasta just scored 4 goals, all 4 goals the Bruins scored. He has insane chemistry with Marshy.
Can we stop the love/hate debate on Heinen? Christ he's a 3rd line winger who is a 30-40 point potential every year who plays a solid two way game.
We either talk about him like he's Taylor Hall or talk about him like he's a 4th line plug. He's neither. He's not a 1st line player, he's ok to move into your top 6 in case of an injury but he's best suited for the 3rd line. Please save the "he looked great with Bergy and Marshy" comments, f***in John Scott could put up 25-30 with those two.

Reactions: The Hajj

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
goals ... goals .... 30-40 point potential ... a solid two way game ... John Scott could put up 25-30 with those two.
You're missing the boat on Heinen if you judge by his point totals. He's an excellent player because the other team does not score when he's on the ice. His puck possession & defensive production is top line quality, arguably elite, which makes him a terrific complementary player suitable for the first line. (I'm sure the John Scott comment was tongue in cheek, besides being repeatedly disproven in a general sense, but think how many goals the line would allow with Scott on the wing, and give it up. There's two sides(+) to every puck.)

He already puts up point totals that rank around the 6th/7th best forward on an average team. The open question is whether he can take the next step and put up more points and drive the play, which would make him a star.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
You're missing the boat on Heinen if you judge by his point totals. He's an excellent player because the other team does not score when he's on the ice. His puck possession & defensive production is top line quality, arguably elite, which makes him a terrific complementary player suitable for the first line. (I'm sure the John Scott comment was tongue in cheek, besides being repeatedly disproven in a general sense, but think how many goals the line would allow with Scott on the wing, and give it up. There's two sides(+) to every puck.)

He already puts up point totals that rank around the 6th/7th best forward on an average team. The open question is whether he can take the next step and put up more points and drive the play, which would make him a star.
So I see you're on the "I Heart Heinen" fan club.
I'll say it again, he's a 3rd line winger. He's not a star or will he ever be a star. Its posts like yours that infuriate the "I hate Heinen" posters.
We should be talking about Krejci/Debrusk/Kuhlman, our entire 2nd line without a goal this season.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
I'll say it again, he's a 3rd line winger. ...Its posts like yours that infuriate the "I hate Heinen" posters.
Is it infuriating because the argument is based on facts, statistics? Facts can be interpreted in different ways, but not if they're simply ignored.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Pasta just scored 4 goals, all 4 goals the Bruins scored. He has insane chemistry with Marshy.
Can we stop the love/hate debate on Heinen? Christ he's a 3rd line winger who is a 30-40 point potential every year who plays a solid two way game.
We either talk about him like he's Taylor Hall or talk about him like he's a 4th line plug. He's neither. He's not a 1st line player, he's ok to move into your top 6 in case of an injury but he's best suited for the 3rd line. Please save the "he looked great with Bergy and Marshy" comments, ****in John Scott could put up 25-30 with those two.

Bolded #1 = No one pro Heinen, paints him out to be a superstar in the NHL. This is the strawman that is created by the people who dislike him. The same cannot be said for the italics part of this take. We've seen posters, who dislike Heinen, go from saying he belongs back in the AHL to being a 13th forward with the likes of Backes.

Bolded #2 = You need to actually be a good player to play with these two. You have to have skill and smarts because they both are ridiculously smart and ridiculously skilled. If you can't keep up with them, you will not have much success. You will get your points at times, but there's different levels of play with them. You can either hang or be carried by them. Heinen played very good with these two last season. He was the 3rd wheel, by a considerable amount, but he wasn't carried at all. He hung with them. He produced points; 9P/10GP, while continuing to play sound defense.

Underline = This is what I'd say Heinen is at this point, but I still think there is Top 6 upside in him.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd probably put Heinen with the 1st line and Pasta with Krejci. Heinen has worked before on the 1st and at that point all we have to worry about is Coyles line who I think I'd try with Bjork and Ritchie

Reactions: maxl7

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I answered above, he DID play C in college. I would love to see Cassidy give him a shot in the pivot, but I think that ship has sailed? I’m just not sure why?

Ok thanks friend, I think every coach has their idea of what a player should be and where that player should play and few deviate from it unfortunately.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
We either talk about him like he's Taylor Hall or talk about him like he's a 4th line plug. He's neither. He's not a 1st line player, he's ok to move into your top 6 in case of an injury but he's best suited for the 3rd line. Please save the "he looked great with Bergy and Marshy" comments, ****in John Scott could put up 25-30 with those two.

Good comment... Heinen is closer to a 4th liner then a first liner. Can't believe the unjustified praise this guy gets
And that's what burns me . Boy he must be one of the most overrated players surely on these forums .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd probably put Heinen with the 1st line and Pasta with Krejci. Heinen has worked before on the 1st and at that point all we have to worry about is Coyles line who I think I'd try with Bjork and Ritchie

Always looking to rob Peter to pay Paul. You need DK to be better, so rather than Sweeney finding a decent wing for that line or making DK elevate his individual play, you want to weaken the only line they have that consistently produces? It's fools gold to do this. Even if it works for the short term, DK has shown he's a streaky as f*** player that's every bit as likely to go hot and cold whether he has Pasta or not.

You want a better wing for DK and so do I. But the solution isn't to destroy the only line they have that's working.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Always looking to rob Peter to pay Paul. You need DK to be better, so rather than Sweeney finding a decent wing for that line or making DK elevate his individual play, you want to weaken the only line they have that consistently produces? It's fools gold to do this. Even if it works for the short term, DK has shown he's a streaky as **** player that's every bit as likely to go hot and cold whether he has Pasta or not.

You want a better wing for DK and so do I. But the solution isn't to destroy the only line they have that's working.

Well if it gets heinen going and Krejci too I'd be fine with it. Bergeron and Marchand will produce regardless. No RW is coming to the top 6 via trade anytime soon

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Always looking to rob Peter to pay Paul. You need DK to be better, so rather than Sweeney finding a decent wing for that line or making DK elevate his individual play, you want to weaken the only line they have that consistently produces? It's fools gold to do this. Even if it works for the short term, DK has shown he's a streaky as **** player that's every bit as likely to go hot and cold whether he has Pasta or not.

Krejci has been a steady point producer throughout his career.
If Sweeney can find him a good winger .fine .If not a better long term objective is to break up the lines. A one line team is not a good formula . Need depth.
If they want to ride the wave ..fine but imo just prolonging the inevitable..

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Krejci has been a steady point producer throughout his career.
If Sweeney can find him a good winger .fine .If not a better long term objective is to break up the lines. A one line team is not a good formula . Need depth.
If they want to ride the wave ..fine but imo just prolonging the inevitable..

See, the issue with giving Pasta to DK is that they don't play well together and have very little chemistry. So I disagree completely with your view. I'd rather have one great line than 4 shitty ones that don't produce and try to fill the 2nd line RW with a deadline move instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad