News Article: Daniel Alfredsson " We Hope to get a new Owner "

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Sigh.

Just another day in the circus of our team in Ottawa this year, huh.

Whelp, time to strap on the the cowboy hat and see how ride bucks up. Gitty up; this is about to get bumpy!

#IGotNothing

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Its like little kids in the play yard. Watson Alfie and Melnyk lmaoooo. They all seem so scummy. Alfie is off the payroll now so he throws the owner under the bus who paid him millions to play for his team. Melnyk is too full of himself to care about the fans till everyone shows how much they want to keep karlsson.

These guys need to all stop talking and actually figure out what to do going forward

Alfie made Melnyk as much if not more money than he was ever paid.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
She could simply kept the source anonymous and said people part of the organization want Melnyk out and she would have been fine.

Exactly.

"A star former Senator said....." and "prominent member of city hall would like...." would've been fine in her blog.

But....she knew she could start a big storm and get a lot more viewers by outing Alfredsson. She took the low road in this one.

And lets be honest folks...we didn't need to have it officially said. We all knew already how Daniel felt about Melynk. It was pretty damned obvious. Some folks are simply liking this because they can do the "see! I was right!" routine when 95% of this board was right.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Exactly.

"A star former Senator said....." and "prominent member of city hall would like...." would've been fine in her blog.

But....she knew she could start a big storm and get a lot more viewers by outing Alfredsson. She took the low road in this one.

And lets be honest folks...we didn't need to have it officially said. We all knew already how Daniel felt about Melynk. It was pretty damned obvious. Some folks are simply liking this because they can do the "see! I was right!" routine when 95% of this board was right.

You're right, in the real world we didn't need it said.

But in HFland we needed it expressly said, because look how definitively accepted the statement and its sentiments are.

Picture what the reaction would have been if Sherring said a star former senator had said this. It would have been cast aside as a two bit blogger pushing fake news, or we would have had speculation that the "star senator" was like Zenon Konopka or something.

This stopped all of that in its tracks.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You're right, in the real world we didn't need it said.

But in HFland we needed it expressly said, because look how definitively accepted the statement and its sentiments are.

Picture what the reaction would have been if Sherring said a star former senator had said this. It would have been cast aside as a two bit blogger pushing fake news, or we would have had speculation that the "star senator" was like Zenon Konopka or something.

This stopped all of that in its tracks.

I know...HFland kinda sucks sometimes. Pleasing the folks here really shouldn't trump personal ethics and integrity. :(

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
But, but, but, Melnyk would never lie....
SOURCE: Count Dracula, JDI, etc
hey I've been very clear over the past year that I am not a fan of melnyk. but I'm less of a fan of people posting bs on a message board that they clearly don't understand....which is how I would describe my interaction with you last week.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I hope what he's saying goes beyond hoping for a new owner and that him and Watson are actively trying to force new ownership. Although that's probably too good to be true...

Explain how that would work?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
EDIT: I checked her twitter and from what I can gather, she's a blogger? lol. I was under the impression that she was a reporter for the Sun. I guess it's a little more complicated then, especially if Alfie thought he was just talking to a fan. Either way, it was careless.

She was a reporter for The Sun for a long time, until she left a couple of years ago.
She covered City Hall.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is not something I don't think that Alfredsson would ever say publically, he is too classy & smart to do that. I'm not saying that it's not how he feels, in fact, I doubt it would surprise anyone if this is not exactly how he feels. This once again puts the city under the microscope & will probably be portrayed in a very negative light in the media nationally. Of course, it looks bad for Melnyk as it should, but I think it will paint everyone connected to this storey in a negative way, & maybe Alfie included. Hopefully, it's another turn of the screw that will force EM to sell, but he just seems like such an SOB, I would be surprised if he does but still hope for it. This will also be tough on the players who will be hounded by the media to respond especially EK, hopefully, most of them are out of the city. Another shit storm.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This is not something I don't think that Alfredsson would ever say publically, he is too classy & smart to do that. I'm not saying that it's not how he feels, in fact, I doubt it would surprise anyone if this is not exactly how he feels. This once again puts the city under the microscope & will probably be portrayed in a very negative light in the media nationally. Of course, it looks bad for Melnyk as it should, but I think it will paint everyone connected to this storey in a negative way, & maybe Alfie included. Hopefully, it's another turn of the screw that will force EM to sell, but he just seems like such an SOB, I would be surprised if he does but still hope for it. This will also be tough on the players who will be hounded by the media to respond especially EK, hopefully, most of them are out of the city. Another **** storm.

Is he "too classy" though? This was a unsophisticated thing for him to do as he certainly doesn't need this type of attention, which is why he wanted it off the record. He should know better after 25 years, and being a captain who gets interviewed a lot. Reeks of inexperience which for me was the most shocking thing: it is not an "Alfie thing to do, is it?"

Sherring is a longstanding reporter and I think she knows the ethics of what she did perfectly well. It just hurts a lot of people's feelings when one of their heroes makes a gaffe and tries to weasel out of it. I think what he said was basically common knowledge. I wasn't surprised by it, but he doesn't want the limelight at the moment, enjoying retirement.

I don't blame him for feeling that way, as we all share the same sentiment. I just feel bad that his name is out there in a scenario that I cannot ever recall Alfie being in?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Yes . Everyone is acting like everything is fine.
Ignoring the person, I don't think it's wrong that an owner is relatively poor and unwilling to spend. It's unfortunate and alone takes us out of competition while he's the owner, but there's not much that can be done if Melnyk is unwilling to sell.

edit: although i'm willing to accept it's not fine, and that we would have a strong chance of say signing Karlsson even if the owner was poor if he acted with normal class like how the Coyotes might re-sign OEL.

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Alfie is pretty smart guy and knows how the press works after being a Captain for so long and after the whole signing with Detroit thing and yewrs in the league.

Alfie said this cause he wanted to , doubt he would ever count on the media to respect the 'off the record' b.s., that just means it will come out but in a more hidden way usually.

He has never said anything like this before and knows to keep that kinda stuff to himself not infront of a room full of press if wanted it on the down-low.

I have to wonder if their is more to the story then just Alfie saying he hopes we get a new owner. Maybe EM has more finacial issues and lebreton flats negotiations have shown that EM may not be able to pull it off without bringing in someone as part of the ownership or even that regardless of what he says maybe he is looking to sell the team and this was just a way of leaking it in another way.

I EM has said he plans to take the sensators to the grave with him but his finacial woes are well documented, his parliment hill rant was not cause of tickets but more about his bank account then ego.

I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth so his creditbility and lies are right up their with Trump. I expect one day to wake up and read a letter from Uncle EM how he sold the team and blah,blah,blah.

When will that hapoen, I bet it happens before the Senators ever play a game on the Lebreton Flats!

Conspiracy Theory or wishful thinking but one thing we know forsure is not all is well in EM fantasy land ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad