News Article: Daniel Alfredsson " We Hope to get a new Owner "

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think Pizza Hut serves deep dish pizza... though I guess it might technically fall under the Pan pizza category. Colonade Pizza I think does the more traditional deep dish but I've never personally eaten there so I can't confirm.

I'm sure their are some non-chain places that would do deep dish as well.
the only place that did it was Slice & Co on elgin.. its closed now.. i dont think Colonnade does deep dish thats just brick oven

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if Alfie is in the ears of Karlsson of trying to convince him to resign here, seeing that there is a chance he could be part of the ownership group in the future. Or he simply knows that there is no way that Melnyk is going to sell it and tell him to GTFO as soon as possible.
Doesn’t matter who the owner will be in a year, I doubt he’ll sign the inevitable low-balling offer.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I can't wait for Melnyk to spin a narrative of how the mayor "doesn't want him and his team" here

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Its like little kids in the play yard. Watson Alfie and Melnyk lmaoooo. They all seem so scummy. Alfie is off the payroll now so he throws the owner under the bus who paid him millions to play for his team. Melnyk is too full of himself to care about the fans till everyone shows how much they want to keep karlsson.

These guys need to all stop talking and actually figure out what to do going forward

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I guess we can officially put the PR exercise to bed that Alfie left the org simply out of coincidence and to focus more on family now that this cat is out of the bag, he was back until GMBM left us and then peaced out again, don't blame him.
It seems like neither Melnyk nor Alfie are class acts.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Its like little kids in the play yard. Watson Alfie and Melnyk lmaoooo. They all seem so scummy. Alfie is off the payroll now so he throws the owner under the bus who paid him millions to play for his team. Melnyk is too full of himself to care about the fans till everyone shows how much they want to keep karlsson.

These guys need to all stop talking and actually figure out what to do going forward

Pretty sure Alfie EARNED that money, it wasnt handed out for his haircuts. Anyone who owns a hockey team would have paid him that money out of their own self interest - like Melnyk did - in order to help maximize their revenues.
Its not a lifetime omerta bond because someone once paid you a salary, that you EARNED. its a not a f***ing gift.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
GMBM really hid the **** show that is Melnyk really well. Even though his moves weren’t always the best and his tenure is pretty polarizing around here he still kept this organization looking professional.

Oh and thank GMBM for Alfie even returning to this org.

not only did GMBM do that, Alfie did that constantly.
Cleaning up the buffoon's messes, smoothing things over for years with vendors, accounts etc. It was like his 2nd job apologizing for that idiot by using his Alfieness

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Nobody can force Melnyk to sell the franchise, or even get its franchise player re-signed, but at least the prick's life is more miserable by the day. The noose is getting tighter, pony up and show your "investors" (i.e. paying fans, Lebreton Flats partners, et. al) that you are truly committed to having a winning franchise by investing into the franchise, or GTFO!

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I wonder if Alfie is in the ears of Karlsson of trying to convince him to resign here, seeing that there is a chance he could be part of the ownership group in the future. Or he simply knows that there is no way that Melnyk is going to sell it and tell him to GTFO as soon as possible.

Or, unfortunately, is Alfie playing the friend role with Karl, and greasing up the 'moron owner is unbearable' story line, so that when Karl requests a ticket out, fans are understanding as to why he left?

Either way, sell Eug, and give us our hope back that we won't be small potatoes against well-financed teams for as long as your family tries to squeeze dimes out of what should be a fun toy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad