News Article: Daniel Alfredsson " We Hope to get a new Owner "

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
The bloggers are the only people in this city that are willing to expose the warts within this organization. Do you honestly believe that "the bloggers" are purposely trying to create this anti-Melnyk movement to drive people away?? These "bloggers" are fans just like you and I.

To be honest, journalistic integrity aside, I am very pleased that this story is out there. Its about time someone had the stones to make a story out of this dysfunctional organization. TSN, Sportsnet, TSN1200, the Ottawa Sun, National Post, etc, just chose to ignore the problem and hope it will go away. Has the local media or any National media told us about the scouts that were let go giving us the smallest scouting staff in the league?? Yet, the have no problem discussing the problems with Carolina's ownership, don't they?

Melnyk needs to go and however we get there doesn't matter. If it takes someone to put some "off the record" quotes out there, then so be it. She is the one that loses out.

#MelnykOut
“These "bloggers" are fans just like you and I.”

What I meant wasn’t denigrating the possible blogger or fan. It was in the sense that Alfie seems to be speaking freely without realizing or considering who he’s addressing.

I also agree with the rest of your message.

Reactions: Chezzz

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
WTH's going on here, we have this type of breaking news that every poster in here has been praying for (save the 3-4 EM fans) and we have now 8 pages of discussing whether it was off the record or not and whether that was ethical, will she get a new job, another quote, unspoken rules...., I feel like im taking crazy pills here, hey if journalistic integrity is your thing great but perhaps this isn't the best board to discuss, for me and I assume most fans we couldn't care less, the most iconic player in our history and extremely prominent person in the city just joined rank against Gene....Thank you Alfie for putting that out there and thanks Sue for sharing!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
For a guy who attacks the sports journalism in this city on what seems like a weekly basis in the Ottawa Sports Radio thread, this is an awful ballsy post.

Not sure why you need to make this so personal Bonkie :( No need to worry about little old me, there are plenty of other problems in this world.

Lets be clear at what I am attacking. There is a thread called "Ottawa Sports Radio", very similar to the "Cody Ceci" thread, where people point out negative aspects of something. Last I checked, I have no violations and have solely had one warning EVER. I am attacking a radio station that, in my opinion, does not cover the Ottawa Senators or sports properly. I am attacking a radio host who would prefer to talk about his lawn than what is happening to his supposed favorite hockey team.

Funny thing is that we both want whats best for this organization, so instead of worrying about my posts, just ignore them, we both have a common enemy here and that's Melnyk, not Sherring.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Not sure why you need to make this so personal Bonkie :( No need to worry about little old me, there are plenty of other problems in this world.

Lets be clear at what I am attacking. There is a thread called "Ottawa Sports Radio", very similar to the "Cody Ceci" thread, where people point out negative aspects of something. Last I checked, I have no violations and have solely had one warning EVER. I am attacking a radio station that, in my opinion, does not cover the Ottawa Senators or sports properly. I am attacking a radio host who would prefer to talk about his lawn than what is happening to his supposed favorite hockey team.

Funny thing is that we both want whats best for this organization, so instead of worrying about my posts, just ignore them, we both have a common enemy here and that's Melnyk, not Sherring.

Hey man, didn't mean to make it personal. I'm not offended or anything, or out to get you. Just confused by the... Well, let's just say you're sending mixed messages on the subject, and leave it at that. No need to make it personal. I was just pointing out inconsistencies in lines of thought on the matter.

No offence was intended.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
WTH's going on here, we have this type of breaking news that every poster in here has been praying for (save the 3-4 EM fans) and we have now 8 pages of discussing whether it was off the record or not and whether that was ethical, will she get a new job, another quote, unspoken rules...., I feel like im taking crazy pills here, hey if journalistic integrity is your thing great but perhaps this isn't the best board to discuss, for me and I assume most fans we couldn't care less, the most iconic player in our history and extremely prominent person in the city just joined rank against Gene....Thank you Alfie for putting that out there and thanks Sue for sharing!

Except it's Alfie that didn't want this to be printed.

That's what I have an issue with. I could care less who the blogger or journalist is.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I am just glad the news is out there - whether it was a shrewd leak by Alfie or a journalistic boo boo by a blogger.

Chris Neil is now an ambassador with the team, wonder if Brucie will now produce a quote from him showing greatness for the owner who still allows him a few extra slices of that deep dish oil pizza on the house.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I am just glad the news is out there - whether it was a shrewd leak by Alfie or a journalistic boo boo by a blogger.

Chris Neil is now an ambassador with the team, wonder if Brucie will now produce a quote from him showing greatness for the owner who still allows him a few extra slices of that deep dish oil pizza on the house.
where in ottawa has deep dish pizza

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hey man, didn't mean to make it personal. I'm not offended or anything, or out to get you. Just confused by the... Well, let's just say you're sending mixed messages on the subject, and leave it at that. No need to make it personal. I was just pointing out inconsistencies in lines of thought on the matter.

No offence was intended.

No worries dude, its all good.

This is my stance: No need to repeat it in my own words, Upgrayedd says it almost perfectly.

As for TSN1200, my argument is that they do not represent the fanbase accordingly nor do they provide adequate coverage of the hockey team WE chose to love. They have continued to defend management at all costs, even after the owner and GM publicly called them out. Sens fans deserve better and TBH right now we need hacks like Sherring and Brennan to blow the lid off this stuff. Water carriers like many of the hosts of TSN1200 and Garrioch should go down with the Melnyk ship as they are partially responsible for covering up a lot of the junk for years now.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
No one would be talking about it if she'd just kept the source anonymous.

A lot of the appeal here is who is saying it, not just what is being said.
She still would have gotten some hits as it echoes the sentiments of the fan base, and people would wonder who it was. At least she wouldn't have been scrutinized for it.

Adding Alfie's name certainly adds to it though (good and bad for her).

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Although I think it's silly, I'm willing to totally concede that what she did violates an idealistic version of journalistic standards and integrity.

I have no interest in having the conversation derailed into a debate about the ethics of sharing the information, when now that the information is out in the public sphere there is much more interesting conversations to be had about its implications.

It really is a pretty spectacular statement to be out in the public finally.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
where in ottawa has deep dish pizza

I think Pizza Hut serves deep dish pizza... though I guess it might technically fall under the Pan pizza category. Colonade Pizza I think does the more traditional deep dish but I've never personally eaten there so I can't confirm.

I'm sure their are some non-chain places that would do deep dish as well.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Melnyk is a child, there will be some sort of ramifications from his end almost assuredly.

A child with no teeth. What the f*** can he do to Alfie? Or say without making himself look worse.

It's like Melnyk trying to hit a ceiling fan with a bag of shit. I love it.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I wonder if Alfie is in the ears of Karlsson of trying to convince him to resign here, seeing that there is a chance he could be part of the ownership group in the future. Or he simply knows that there is no way that Melnyk is going to sell it and tell him to GTFO as soon as possible.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
A child with no teeth. What the **** can he do to Alfie? Or say without making himself look worse.

It's like Melnyk trying to hit a ceiling fan with a bag of ****. I love it.

Melnyk seems to have a victim mentality. Everybody is out to get him, and nothing is his fault.

An ex-franchise player and the cities top local politician rallying against him? He'll love this.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2