Craig MacTavish meeting the media

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
All I'm getting from this press conference is:

"We are allowed to suck, because I think we're doing great."

How many press conferences is MacT going to have this season? Does he have to do a presser every time anything happens? We suck. We don't need to hear why everything is alright.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
'This is all yakupov's fault. He has been a huge distraction and a locker room nightmare. Kevin Lowe has won many Stanley Cups and he knows what he's talking about. You have a problem with that? *Lowe busts out his SC rings on his hand and stares down the wimpy reporters.* It's a cycle. Okay? We won so many stanley cups that it takes time to get back to the top. okay?'

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It's okay guys, there is optimism outside our market and around the league that this will turn around. Nevermind that those people don't watch this team on a regular basis.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Rishaug and co. are cowards when the guy on the other side isn't a 20-year-old Russian with limited English.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
No surprise. MacT won't admit he was wrong and is doubling down on this brutal coaching staff.

Nothing will change. Ekblad here we come!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I don't know what everyone was expecting...

"We've traded Eberle for Giroux, Simmonds, Laughton and Coburn, we've traded Hemsky for Greening and Zach Smith, we've coaxed Nick Lidstrom out of retirement and we have fired Dallas Eakins for Scotty Bowman"

I mean, yeah, it's a lot of hot air, but its not as if this team is going to do something shockingly functional.

(btw...
Hall-Giroux-Simmonds
Perron-RNH-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Greening
Smyth-Smith-Jones

Coburn-Petry
Ference-Belov
Lidstrom-J. Schultz)

*sniff*

Jun 22, 2009
This press conference displayed our biggest problem. Our management are either so delusional that they truly believe what there saying, or there so arrogant that they'd rather fail then admit they were wrong. Either way both are terrifying.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
1 point ahead of Buffalo
1st overall pick is a definite possibility

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
so he's had multiple offers for core pieces...but willing to trade ekblad

ekblad for del zotto here we come.

team dangles remains intact.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
What was the point of any of that? Do they actually think that will appease people for another 20 games?

No tough questions from Rishaug? I thought that's what he does when people make themselves available and have reason to be questioned - or so he claims on Twitter.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I'll just sum up the presser for the rest of you:

This is the greatest 4-16 team in the history of sports.

book it...this team will not be 4-16 20 games into the season next year......

are you saying they will be better or like 2-18?

- no coment

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack
When it comes to making deals, MacTavish says all teams want one of his core pieces. He's not willing to part with one of those at this time

Bold move, hello? Nope.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
What was the point of any of that? Do they actually think that will appease people for another 20 games?

No tough questions from Rishaug? I thought that's what he does when people make themselves available and have reason to be questioned - or so he claims on Twitter.

It's giving a vote of confidence to the coaches and the players. We might not feel appeased, but it might calm media speculation a bit.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Why did Mac T even have a press conference?
I'm more pissed off than I was yesterday

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Optimism from outside the team in a nutshell:

Craig at the Panthers game: "Hey Dale, serious question: think we can turn this around with the team I've put together?"

Dale: "**** yeah, bro...be patient. They'll win, you won the Labarbera sweepstakes didn't you?"

Craig at the Lightning game: "Hey Steve, serious question: think we can turn this around with the team I've put together?"

Steve: "Oh hellz ya, brutha! Today's NHL is built on small forwards,not goaltending and defense. You're doing a swell job."

Craig at the Flyers game: "Hey Paul, serious question: think we can turn this around with the team I've put together?"

Paul: "The key element your team is missing is some comedy in the room, that will right the ship. You should sign Ilya."
Craig: "Kovalchuk???, He's that funny of a funny guy...didn't je just sign in the Konti...?"
Paul: "No you dope, Bryzgalov...and trade Smid, that toothless mug bothers me."

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
It's okay guys, there is optimism outside our market and around the league that this will turn around. Nevermind that those people don't watch this team on a regular basis.

aka hopefully we still get a tv deal with sportsnet next season derp derp

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Optimism from outside the team in a nutshell:

Craig at the Panthers game: "Hey Dale, serious question: think we can turn this around with the team I've put together?"

Dale: "**** yeah, bro...be patient. They'll win, you won the Labarbera sweepstakes didn't you?"

Craig at the Lightning game: "Hey Steve, serious question: think we can turn this around with the team I've put together?"

Steve: "Oh hellz ya, brutha! Today's NHL is built on small forwards,not goaltending and defense. You're doing a swell job."

Craig at the Flyers game: "Hey Paul, serious question: think we can turn this around with the team I've put together?"

Paul: "The key element your team is missing is some comedy in the room, that will right the ship. You should sign Ilya."
Craig: "Kovalchuk???, He's that funny of a funny guy...didn't je just sign in the Konti...?"
Paul: "No you dope, Bryzgalov...and trade Smid, that toothless mug bothers me."

exactly lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad