Craig MacTavish meeting the media

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Eakins fired and Messier named coach.

Or something along the Old Boys Club schtick.

I wasn't the only one thinking this! Okay.

Something about MacT not enjoying how Eakins... tore down the pictures of Gretzky and Messier in the locker room. Now they can be there... in person...

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I think you guys expecting staff changes will be disappointed.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't think it'll be anything dramatic. I think he will say that although this has been a disappointing start to the season, the organization believes it is on the right track and that patience is required. This is a process and Rome wasn't built in a day...blah blah blah.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Interesting... He'll get ripped no matter what he does. I'm guess this is about something minor though, maybe he'll just reassure fans or some bs.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I don't think it'll be anything dramatic. I think he will say that although this has been a disappointing start to the season, the organization believes it is on the right track and that patience is required. This is a process and Rome wasn't built in a day...blah blah blah.

Yup. I'm expecting more of the same ********

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Let's play a game....predict what MacT will say.

"We're all frustrated but we have the right players and coaches"
"We're seeing positive signs"
"I did 40 curls this morning. Thanks Dallas!"

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

Exactly. PR, damage control. Nothing more.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

Precisely.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Listening to Stauffer's show, apparently the Oilers are on the ice and he never mentioned any new or missing faces amongst the team or staff. Sounds like it will be a 1/4 season media address.

Tanevian*

In an attempt to broaden the fan base, we are changing our name to the Alberta Oilers.

LOLKarlsson*

Exactly. This is just going to be a "state of the team" type address as we are one-quarter through the season.

As an outsider, sounds more like a PR move. Edmonton is the talk of the NHL right now, and for all the wrong reasons. It's a PR nightmare, and after all it is a business. I expect him to go out there and try to calm some nerves.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
They should save this meeting for Monday after Oiler fans have dealt with the impending embarrassing loss to the Flames and Sharks.

If ever there was a time to fire a coach its NOW! They made a mistake getting rid of Kruger IMO - he had the team playing far better than years prior. Now they are so down on themselves they actually need the motivational Kruger around.

The Oilers need a better coaching staff period.

There is nothing to say, we are worse this year with Eakins behind the bench, a healthy lineup, and improved experience on the ice (Ference, Gordon, Perron).

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Eakins resigns/fired, Kevin Lowe named interim head coach.

Rishaug goes on Pejorative Slured rant about yak being a coach killer and that if he were a good ole canadian boy this wouldn't have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->