Craig MacTavish meeting the media

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think it'll be anything dramatic. I think he will say that although this has been a disappointing start to the season, the organization believes it is on the right track and that patience is required. This is a process and Rome wasn't built in a day...blah blah blah.

This.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
CrcOHMP.gif

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Let's play a game....predict what MacT will say.

"We're all frustrated but we have the right players and coaches"
"We're seeing positive signs"
"I did 40 curls this morning. Thanks Dallas!"

"Dallas Eakins and Nail Yakupov have both been missing since this morning. They were spotted on highway 16 heading to Jasper. I spoke with Woody about what's happened and when I asked him if he knew what was going on he simply responded "discovering the object of the game IS the object of the game"....since Woody took that quote from a 1997 movie, featuring Michael Douglas, I can only guess that the coaching staff is on the right track. There will be no questions."

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Probably going to be nothing except the usual we need to be a better team and this group of guys can do it, backing up yak because the team has been blasted in the media about it probably nothing special. Would like to see if some of our media step up and put the heat on him about this **** team

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
$50 says rishaug ***** foots his ?'s and doesnt criticize anyone

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Too bad that it's going to be about nothing, I'd like to hear about a bold move

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Let's play a game....predict what MacT will say.

"We're all frustrated but we have the right players and coaches"
"We're seeing positive signs"
"I did 40 curls this morning. Thanks Dallas!"

I'll give it a go.

"We'd love to. Make some moves but it's tuff in today's cap market"

"We're going to stick with our guy Eakins. He deserves a chance to prove his garbage system work."

So on and so on. The normal MacT bullshat.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It'll be a state of the team address, nothing more.
He'll continue to make excuses, talk about the progression that he sees and give a vote of confidence to Eakins and staff saying that these things take time because of adjusting to a new system, the team finally being healthy and that fans need to be patient because it's a process etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah yada yada yada.
Wake me up when Katz sweeps all the old boys out of the organization. I guess i'll be sleeping a long time then.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
announcing fan appreciation night. he'll guarantee the Oilers score a goal in their next home game or the fans get 10% off at the souvenir booth.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
"So that Nail Yakupov... what a loser, huh? lol"

"craig craig!!! Nail Yakupov said he thinks you are a bum and a stupid, craig craig How do you feel now that igor larionov is telling you what you can or cant do....craig craig Nail said he you were insignificant on the dynasty teams,......craig craig can i get a promotion?"

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Ah ya just sounds like a bs press conference. If nothing's changing then don't bother, nothing can save the image of this team, not even a few nice words.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Probably nothing worth a damn, maybe MacT reinforcing his confidence in Eakins? :help:
Yeah, I think this will be a focal point. I'd like to say I'm surprised he hasn't already done this but then I remember it's only been twenty games. Man, it's going to be a long year.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Hay guyz jus be patient mmmkay?

Cam Tait

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/story.html?id=9163164

EDMONTON - Sports fans buy their tickets and walk through the gates to every game with one key ingredient: hope that their team wins.

But there is also a great opportunity for fans to learn a great deal and use sports philosophies.

I remember the glory days of both the Edmonton Eskimos and Edmonton Oilers. My friends and I would talk for hours about big games they won.

Sometimes, we scribbled on a napkin how the Eskimos engineered a needed touchdown. We did the same when the high-flying Oilers scored a tic-tac-toe goal.

And very subtly, we saw mental toughness used by managers, players and coaches to keep functioning at a high level, with league championships on the line.

Some people could use examples of our Edmonton championship teams in their way of thinking. It’s easy to do that when teams around you are winning. But what about now?

Lately, Edmonton fans have been hoping fortunes would turn brighter for the hometown CFL and NHL teams.

For someone like myself, who is old enough to remember the early 1980s in Edmonton, these are most foreign times. The five-in-a-row Grey Cups won by the Eskimos was a tremendous precursor to what the Oilers accomplished, winning five Stanley Cups between 1984 and 1990.

Edmonton had a special kind of sports culture that spilled over to its fans. Winning never gets old, but with the success of those Eskimos and Oilers teams, fans expected the winning to continue. Were those expectations realistic?

On the one hand, we knew it was something very special, but on the other, we silently realized it wouldn’t last forever.

Chances are, though, we never thought we would see the depths of darkness in the local professional sporting community. The Eskimos out of the playoffs with a 4-14 record? It can’t be. The Oilers one of the worst teams in the NHL by mid-November? You have to be kidding.

We’re not.

And baseball … Oh, I almost forgot. We haven’t had a professional ball team in town since 2011.

Fans could be humming that catchy line from The Clash song: “Should I stay or should I go?”

Only time will tell to see if crowds start to decline. I highly doubt they will. While entertainment value might not be there now, there is great concern in how both teams will turn things around. And they will turn around.

The key question is how patient will fans here be? Those who are patient will stick through the rough times, no matter how rough they get.

When things turn around, they can savour it more and have lengthy discussions about the person who made things change. Someone — a manager, a coach or a player — is going to do something to change the sports landscape in Edmonton. We don’t know who or when that will be.

But when it does happen, it will be widely heralded as a minor miracle in these parts.

It will be something we can learn from and, for some, that could be money well spent.

A Katz stooge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad