Craig MacTavish meeting the media

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
why is it that macT can't have one full year, one trade deadline day and one more draft before we even start to evaluate him? I am a bit of a macT homer, I liked him as coach and i THINK he'll be a good gm. all though I wanted brain burke.

I think he'll be okay as well. One way or another, he'll eventually get the stud d-man he wants.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
The attitude of management is appalling. The team is almost worse in every statistical category from last season in supposedly what is year 3(or is it 4?) of a rebuild. The response is that the GM is happy with the effort. Despite the fact that the roster is better on paper the team does worse. The coaching staff shows no ability to adapt game situations, they remind me of the static coaching A.I in an EA sports game where you can try the same tricks on the defense and it works every time.

Our gm then proceeds to say that he wants the players to have fun and have a positive attitude and be patient because it will get better. As if being the worst team in the league or one of the worst the past 6 years is something that will instill positivity. Futility with no signs of improvement in 7 years + and the message is patience

I don't claim to know the locker room environment or the attitudes of all the players, but they just seem like they could not give a *hit one way or the other. I am reminded of a scene in a great sports movie called Moneyball. After a bad loss the team seems to be in good spirits, they are relaxed and joking around in the locker room with the radio blaring. In comes the GM, turns off the radio, kicks down a table, stuns the team into deathly silence, points into the air and says "You hear that? that's what losing sounds like"

Shame is it not? It seems like our management is the type to give out participation medals, encouragement and high fiving all the slow kids that finish last. Please don't fall for marketing propaganda, save your money and purchase tickets when people in that business actually show some competence.

Last edited:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
The attitude of management is appalling. The team is almost worse in every statistical category from last season in supposedly what is year 3(or is it 4?) of a rebuild. The response is that the GM is happy with the effort. Despite the fact that the roster is better on paper the team does worse. The coaching staff shows no ability to adapt game situations, they remind me of the static coaching A.I in an EA sports game where you can try the same tricks on the defense and it works every time.

Our gm then proceeds to say that he wants the players to have fun and have a positive attitude and be patient because it will get better. As if being the worst team in the league or one of the worst the past 6 years is something that will instill positivity. Futility with no signs of improvement in 7 years + and the message is patience

I don't claim to know the locker room environment or the attitudes of all the players, but they just seem like they could not give a *hit one way or the other. I am reminded of a scene in a great sports movie called Moneyball. After a bad loss the team seems to be in good spirits, they are relaxed and joking around in the locker room with the radio blaring. In comes the GM, turns off the radio, kicks down a table, stuns the team into deathly silence, points into the air and says "You hear that? that's what losing sounds like"

Shame is it not? It seems like our management is the type to give out participation medals, encouragement and high fiving all the slow kids that finish last. Please don't fall for marketing propaganda, save your money and purchase tickets when people in that business actually show some competence.

I will not purchase an Oilers' ticket or merc until they ice a competitive NHL team, not an AHL team lost in the NHL, like they do right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad