Craig MacTavish meeting the media

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
"People around the league are more optimistic of us turning it around than we are internally. Lots of optimism around the league of us turning this around."

**** off.

No ****. Every team wants us to remain the same. We're currently donating teams free shutouts. Imagine if we changed and hark, became difficult to play against.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
This joke will continue true out the season, it will kill any confidence left to the players who will continue this journey next season.

I hope we continues to be a joke in the leuage, then there are a slight chance that we can get rid of all clowns in the front office, off season.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
"I was unable to add bigger, heavier people as I wanted too given the pieces we had. This will not be a quick fix solution. When you look at the game last night, it's clear we didn't go to the dirty areas. We will continue to try and add those pieces. People I speak with around the league are much more optimistic about us turning it around than we are. Let's support the team, let's start winning, but we haven't been able to give you guys anything. We're all feeling that frustration, but at times you're close to it. I'm frustrated, i'm pissed off but you have to take a realistic view. There's a lot of optimism around the league for us. When you're 3 or 4 pieces away from making a significant improvement, those pieces are hard to find. State of the market place is in a similar position to the way we are, wanting to improve" - Craig

Trying my best

3 or 4 pieces away... Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
He'd better be getting value if he trades that 1st rounder because it's going to be a top 3 pick

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack
When it comes to making deals, MacTavish says all teams want one of his core pieces. He's not willing to part with one of those at this time

Bold move, hello? Nope.

So he'll hold onto them until they demand a trade and are worth nothing, or just walk for nothing.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Why did Mac T even have a press conference?
I'm more pissed off than I was yesterday

Exactly how I feel. The **** was the point of that? Instead of talking, he should make a move. It's his job as a gm to help turn things around and he isn't doing anything at all. Plus supporting Eakins at this point is moronic. I'm a fan of his too but he isn't the right fit for this team. We need an experienced coach who has had success in the past. Funny how Laviolette, who'd be the perfect fit is available.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It'll be a state of the team address, nothing more.
He'll continue to make excuses, talk about the progression that he sees and give a vote of confidence to Eakins and staff saying that these things take time because of adjusting to a new system, the team finally being healthy and that fans need to be patient because it's a process etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah yada yada yada.
Wake me up when Katz sweeps all the old boys out of the organization. I guess i'll be sleeping a long time then.

Yep, pretty much. :shakehead

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack
When it comes to making deals, MacTavish says all teams want one of his core pieces. He's not willing to part with one of those at this time

Bold move, hello? Nope.

this was obvious.
they have a bunch of garbage and 4-5 pieces to wield.
they have little leverage in free agency.
their drafts have brought in little.
they have no vet presence. the vets are horrendous "paternal" archetypes.

they literally have no way to improve the team and are going to stubbornly sit on their hands as the losses rack up and "progression" turns to regression with Clint Eastwood at helm.

terrible organization caught in it's own illusion of entitlement and denial.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
If he can get a legit top pairing defensemen with atleast 6 years on contract, then by all means, trade the pick.

He wont though.

He has to objectively look at this as "Would this package make me trade Hall or RNH", cause that's what this pick is worth.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Did you actually think they would or should change coaches 20 games in? :laugh:

Well that's 42% of Krueger's time here and besides that one skid late in the season we were nowhere near this bad last season. That said this management team is terrible and sid49 hits teh nail right on the head with the post that I've quoted below:

This press conference displayed our biggest problem. Our management are either so delusional that they truly believe what there saying, or there so arrogant that they'd rather fail then admit they were wrong. Either way both are terrifying.

Truer words have never been spoken.

MuzikMachine

Nov 14, 2005
"I have the utmost confidence in the coaching staff."

"I don't see Dallas losing the dressing room. It's hard to stand up here and say that, but I have the utmost confidence in the coaching staff. It's hard for you guys to believe that, but we need continuity of coaching. I'm completely supportive of how he handled the players. There's been a significant change in the mentality of the players." -Craig

Can't type fast enough sorry.

Isn't a press conference for vote of confidence ultimately a kiss of death? Usually whoever makes those statements ends up firing the individual shortly afterwards. It's not as if a GM of a winning team need to hold a mid-season press conferences enforcing their coach.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
this was obvious.
they have a bunch of garbage and 4-5 pieces to wield.
they have little leverage in free agency.
their drafts have brought in little.

they literally have no way to improve the team and are going to stubbornly sit on their hands as the losses rack up and "progression" turns to regression with Clint Eastwood at helm.

terrible organization caught in it's own illusion of entitlement and denial.

Management is too ignorant to realize that if they want good players, they have to give GOOD right back. I bet he's been busy shopping Hemsky, but nobody wants him. Why? Because they want a guy like Eberle or Yak for what they want to give. Joke of a management.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Ekblad is likely better than any defenceman on the market...if it's Weber, Doughty, Keith, Hedman, OEL, Jones, Suter, Subban....you trade it....but it wont be.

which is why you trade one of the core pieces for a veteran D.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
He'd better be getting value if he trades that 1st rounder because it's going to be a top 3 pick

Don't worry, I fully expect that pick to bring back at least one current or former Oil King.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->