OT: COVID-19-No politics! Read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Are the provincial and federal governments going to offer/provide funding for families and individuals to keep afloat during these tough times? I thought there would have been something by now, similar to the payments provided for the teacher's strike.

Thats what they have alluded to this morning.

Some sort of financial assistance to citizens, including the self-employed class. Details will be coming in the next couple of days.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yeah lucky you...$10 is a big difference for me sadly enough

So what you are saying is until the price dropped below $1/L you didn’t drive? Because the context of the post you replied to was the difference between $1/L and 80c/L Is $10 for my 50L tank

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Gas in Penticton is still a $1.10

agian that wasn’t the point of my original post I was talking to someone who was talking about waiting for fuel to drop from .95c to .85c (or something similar) wasn’t about bragging about low prices

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think Trudeau said they're going to address this soon.. covering basic living and rent expenses. I hope so cause people will need assistance during these times

It would cost around 15 billion dollars a month to cover everybody's rent/mortage. The debt burden it would put the country in would be insane.

Reactions: TimeZone and Kiwi

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So what you are saying is until the price dropped below $1/L you didn’t drive? Because the context of the post you replied to was the difference between $1/L and 80c/L Is $10 for my 50L tank

He may have driven but eaten less. Bear in mind some tanks are 3 times your size as well.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
agian that wasn’t the point of my original post I was talking to someone who was talking about waiting for fuel to drop from .95c to .85c (or something similar) wasn’t about bragging about low prices

Yeah, I get that. :)

I was just posting the price for comparison.:thumbu:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He may have driven but eaten less. Bear in mind some tanks are 3 times your size as well.

ok and? If you can’t afford big truck gas tanks then perhaps buying a smaller car is in order? I’d like a bigger car but can’t justify the higher gas price to get one

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Hey Golfers,

I have to admit, I’m scratching my head reading that Burnaby has closed its golf courses a result of Coronavirus vigilance.

I can see the club houses being a source of concern. Restaurant and bars? Sure. Close them if we need to.

But the act of showing up, walking the course (or a single rider in a cart) playing golf and leaving?

I can’t think of another sport where social distancing would be so easy and the risk so low. (Again, assuming you shut down the lounges and club houses).

From a stress reduction stand point and exercise... I’m struggling to grasp the benefits of not allowing people to play golf.

Convince me I’m wrong.... please.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I really hope it's some form of UBI

But UBI is a contested thing to some even though it should electrify an economy

You want to borrow money your going to need to pay interest on in the middle of an economic crisis so you can throw money towards UBI?

I'd be thinking about helping those that can't meet their economic obligations (business and personal) and the health sector before I started a new welfare experiment with money I didn't have

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
$15B?

Awesome.

The big banks can pool their profits and give the public about 6 months of mortgage holiday before it costs the government anything.

left wing or right wing, conservative or liberal, the banks and current political system is definitely the enemy of the people.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
ok and? If you can’t afford big truck gas tanks then perhaps buying a smaller car is in order? I’d like a bigger car but can’t justify the higher gas price to get one

Some people don't have a choice unless they change careers or where they live. Doesn't have to be a big truck either. You might be surprised what a little bitty Ford Ranger guzzles.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Some people don't have a choice unless they change careers or where they live. Doesn't have to be a big truck either. You might be surprised what a little bitty Ford Ranger guzzles.

anyway my intention wasn’t to offend this guy so stead of keep going I’m going to leave this here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad