OT: COVID-19-No politics! Read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Season + playoffs are toast now that everything will be shutdown for a few months.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm afraid you're putting too much faith in personal responsibility Walshy. There will always be a large portion of people that don't care about anything but themselves.

Said every authoritarian government ever, I could almost see the Chinese government using this line of argument for it's new social credit score

We're the country's we are because our governments take the rule of law and civil liberties seriously, if we're not going to hold those standards what do we have?

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

giphy.gif

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Said every authoritarian government ever, I could almost see the Chinese government using this line of argument for it's new social credit score

We're the country's we are because our governments take the rule of law and civil liberties seriously, if we're not going to hold those standards what do we have?

Wow, way to take it to the extreme :laugh:

So you disagree that there's a portion of society that puts their self interest and desire ahead of their fellow citizens?

Reactions: Loosie

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
at some point responsibility should fall on the individual too no? i mean just becasue the provincial government didn't close them doesn't mean you should go there in groups

I do agree bars and restaurants should have been closed or perhaps scaled back like in Italy though.
Yes and no. Yes it falls on society to do the smart thing, but you're giving lots of society way to much credit to do correct thing. It needs to be a government mandate at this point, no other way.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Wow, way to take it to the extreme :laugh:

So you disagree that there's a portion of society that puts their self interest and desire ahead of their fellow citizens?

Can't you see how this president can be exploited? your problem is you don't think these types of governmental powers out and see the potential problems with them in the future, especially to people's civil liberties

Sure their are, but I don't want the government to have the power to do what a lot of you people seem to be calling for, once you give it to them you can't take it back

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
To be fair, the beach outside is the best possible place for a crowd to exist right now. During Spanish Flu they started treating people with massive exposure to sun and fresh air because the virus' get killed by suns rays for one and second they found that fresh air for some reason was sterile and helped peoples conditions.

I would do it in a low key place and just tan myself but, I guess one last go at it is worth it to some. I can't wait for a warm day to cook myself!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
at some point responsibility should fall on the individual too no? i mean just becasue the provincial government didn't close them doesn't mean you should go there in groups

I do agree bars and restaurants should have been closed or perhaps scaled back like in Italy though.

People are too stupid and selfish. Unfortunately some people will keep going out and gathering until they have been ordered not too.

Ireland closed their pubs just ahead of St. Patrick's Day. That should tell how serious people need to be taking this.

Reactions: Nineteen67

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
America! Gun sales are skyrocketing for different reasons. From Marshal law and curfews, looting and potential racism.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Can't you see how this president can be exploited? your problem is you don't think these types of governmental powers out and see the potential problems with them in the future, especially to people's civil liberties

Sure their are, but I don't want the government to have the power to do what a lot of you people seem to be calling for, once you give it to them you can't take it back

I believe the word you were looking for was "precedent".

I thank you for pointing out my problem and hope you enjoy the rest of your day

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
America! Gun sales are skyrocketing for different reasons. From Marshal law and curfews, looting and potential racism.

There will be "Medical Marshall Law" until they start taking guns, then they will have civil war. Some Generals will surely go against orders if that stuff happens. Lets just hope it doesn't and so far we are a ways away from that talk

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I personally think it's puff and won't work but for the initial strain. This thing has already mutated and it's a Corona Virus, they exist because they mutate otherwise they would be extinct.
This vaccine certainly might not work for this strain, but from what I've seen there is little doubt that a vaccine will be available in 12 to 18 months that will work though

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I believe the word you were looking for was "precedent".

I thank you for pointing out my problem and hope you enjoy the rest of your day

Your welcome, here to help

There will be "Medical Marshall Law" until they start taking guns, then they will have civil war. Some Generals will surely go against orders if that stuff happens. Lets just hope it doesn't and so far we are a ways away from that talk

They aren't taking guns, the US constitution hasn't ceased to exist

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Your welcome, here to help

They aren't taking guns, the US constitution hasn't ceased to exist

I just mean, if it does start to happen then it will go really badly, for everyone including us. Right now people are probably...

In Denial or just up for the challenge
Confused and paranoid
Riddled with anxiety
Riddled with depression
In full panic
Suicidal

The panic and suicidal crowd are more to do with the economy as people are getting wiped out, same with depression. It's a really huge blow to the entire system around the world.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I just mean, if it does start to happen then it will go really badly, for everyone including us. Right now people are probably...

In Denial or just up for the challenge
Confused and paranoid
Riddled with anxiety
Riddled with depression
In full panic
Suicidal

The panic and suicidal crowd are more to do with the economy as people are getting wiped out, same with depression. It's a really huge blow to the entire system around the world.

The US constitution is still a "thing"

There is no way the American government is going to start confiscating fire arms during a pandemic their struggling to control, no way

They haven't done anything about automatic weapons over years of mass shootings and high numbers of gun assisted suicides and that won't change with Trump in office and a Republican Senate

Reactions: Puckstuff

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown

Trust the government dude, they always have our best interest at play.
sheep.jpg

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Here....... take a 2 minute break from the madness and anxiety and have a smile

Reactions: kb

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
At the end of the day the difference between $1 a litre and .80c per litre for my car is $10 im not really in need of price hinting to save $10. I get some ppl are but the price of gas really doesnt bother me i fill up when i need to fill up

Yeah lucky you...$10 is a big difference for me sadly enough

Reactions: TimeZone

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
To be fair, the beach outside is the best possible place for a crowd to exist right now. During Spanish Flu they started treating people with massive exposure to sun and fresh air because the virus' get killed by suns rays for one and second they found that fresh air for some reason was sterile and helped peoples conditions.

I would do it in a low key place and just tan myself but, I guess one last go at it is worth it to some. I can't wait for a warm day to cook myself!

This virus isn't killed by the sun and fresh air.

Warm and humid air can hasten the time it takes for droplets to get to the ground.

As of the 15th, Australia had more confirmed cases than Canada. This is their summer.

Temperatures there were the warmest ever recorded in addition to it being the driest. Wildfires abounded. Daily averages in the +30's (Celsius) across the country.

Reactions: ronzigato

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Are the provincial and federal governments going to offer/provide funding for families and individuals to keep afloat during these tough times? I thought there would have been something by now, similar to the payments provided for the teacher's strike.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Hope you're all stocked up on cans of Netflix and rolls of video games. We're in this for the long haul

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Are the provincial and federal governments going to offer/provide funding for families and individuals to keep afloat during these tough times? I thought there would have been something by now, similar to the payments provided for the teacher's strike.
I think Trudeau said they're going to address this soon.. covering basic living and rent expenses. I hope so cause people will need assistance during these times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad