OT: COVID-19-No politics! Read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Were going to use the rules that the corona virus forum had implemented. You will be immediately removed from conversation if you cannot abide by them.

Welcome to the COVID-19 Forum. This is going to be an all consuming subject for some time. We think it deserves its own forum.

This forum is not limited to hockey-related talk.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to
, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.

How you're preparing, how this is affecting your community, news and information are the types of discussion this thread is for.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Blackberry Smoke show tonight in Kitchener, 50/50 chance if it's not cancelled of still going?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
i hope no one buys the toilet paper of ebay these losers need to be found and arrested for profiteering, start with with wanker out west claiming he has made $100K on amazon selling stuff. despicable people

salamicartier

Jul 22, 2018
i hope no one buys the toilet paper of ebay these losers need to be found and arrested for profiteering, start with with wanker out west claiming he has made $100K on amazon selling stuff. despicable people

People are buying Kraft Diner off the shelves -- the need for toilet paper becomes evident.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I don't know why.

When will movie theaters shut?

Latest (yesterday) email from Cineplex:

"To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Know that we are doing our part by putting employment policies in place so that our hourly staff are protected and are not penalized financially if they need to stay home."

Full quote here:
March 12, 2020
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
To our guests,

With growing global concerns around COVID-19 (“coronavirus”), I wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date and our commitment to you moving forward. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and guests is Cineplex’s top priority and we are following the lead of Canadian public health authorities at this important time. We are committed to providing comfortable and safe entertainment experiences at our theatre circuit and locations of The Rec Room and Playdium across the country.
First and foremost, I want to assure our guests that we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our venues are safe and that we have existing plans and training protocols in place to ensure they stay that way. While the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low, we continue to monitor for developments very closely
We have implemented additional measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, including:
  • Introducing enhanced cleaning protocols in all of our locations, with particular focus on high traffic and high contact areas. Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and the cleaning products we use are industrial-grade and food-service approved
  • Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners and employees on important health and safety measures
To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Know that we are doing our part by putting employment policies in place so that our hourly staff are protected and are not penalized financially if they need to stay home.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon,
OWEFodMvVy9PC8cOJkkyruInWKK1xAQVFVsuz2BSepuQlMPfYqC3KXl35rzUG7NkqW19tbDLLp-cqMaFMSY8GwoyNW-QKGs84VCfQDmw02apq0oQMmwPak_TS5u5TVv4Ue5YEHBK7cJ7sEbtGILOfQmzwK-XeOVUIyGK=s0-d-e1-ft

Ellis Jacob
President and CEO, Cineplex
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

And when Amazon adjusts their prices to reflect demand for the tp they have in their warehouse(s)? Arrest Jeff Bezos?

Reactions: yubbers

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
How long after being exposed to it do you become infectious to those around you? I haven’t seen that information anywhere and I’m just really curious

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
And when Amazon adjusts their prices to reflect demand for the tp they have in their warehouse(s)? Arrest Jeff Bezos?

well individuals are obviously easier to get to, these people have taken form the collective population fuel their own greed they arent supplying anything where as Amazon arent buying up loblaws supply of TP they have their own supplier up to you not to buy it.

As i said i hope no one buys any of it. The rush on TP is hilarious, it really shows humans are pre programmed to just follow blindly

Reactions: yubbers

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
In on 1st page of another 100 page thread.

Tinfoil bros .vs "its just the flu" homers.

giphy.gif

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Bettman created the Corona virus so he has an excuse not to raise the salary cap next year , thereby screwing the Leafs cap situation even harder. It's the only logical explanation.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I would bet my life that millions of people have or have had Covid-19 already worldwide.

This thing is so undertested world wide.
Any numbers from any source that people are throwing around are nearly worthless imo.

That also means though, that the true mortality rate is very low, likely less than 1%, which would be "great" news

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I would bet my life that millions of people have or have had Covid-19 already worldwide.

Any numbers from any source that people are throwing around are nearly worthless imo.

That also means though, that the true mortality rate is very low, likely less than 1%.

agreed. I keep reading alot of people may get it and never show any symptoms so if testing was available why would those people get tested anyway

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

That also means though, that the true mortality rate is very low, likely less than 1%.
I really don't see how this is any worse than H1N1 based on initial numbers. The response, however, is very different. Is it that much more infectious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad