OT: Coronavirus XVI: Hey Covid-19, Piss Off Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
If I was a mod you would be banned for that comment.:nod:
Went on a snowboarding trip to Lake Louise ~5 years ago. We forgot to bring oil to cook our eggs in the morning. We had an absolutely drenched bag of fries from Peter's in Calgary. We literally squeezed a few handfuls of the fries for oil into a frying pan to make some eggs. Disgusting, but the eggs didn't taste too bad.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I'm going to throw a slightly different perspective here. Most of those symptoms are related to other factors as well. Up to and including anxiety and disorders of that nature. I'm not in disagreement but it's plausible that other medical conditions can contribute.

Link is not site specific, just one of the ones that came up.

Anxiety Disorders | Lehigh Valley Health Network

Ya it's possible which is why I thought it kind of drew a bit of similarities to Lyme disease. Some docs think it's a mental or anxiety issue that some people seem to never get well from Lymes. But those who seem to suffer permanent damage from Lyme thinks it's a big slap in their face that docs disregard their (to them) very real symptoms. I know a lady with Lymes and she regularly has had symptoms for over a decade now. She's quite angry about anyone thinking it's psychological or whatever.

Who knows sometimes these bacteria (Lymes) or viruses may somehow find a way to hide and "hibernate" in areas in our bodies that the immune system miss or for whatever reason cannot get to easily. And they re-awaken from time to time and make you feel like a**, then fight your immune system again, lose the battle, go hide out again for a bit, come back... over and over.

I believe a big hiding spot for some viruses and bacteria are your neurons and areas near the spinal cord. The body knows not to have to destroy or damage those tissues (because they do no regenerate well and are obviously extremely important). it's a possible reason for why some people have been having long drawn out symptoms from covid and one of the symptoms is neurological issues (dizziness, loss of coordination, headaches,etc). Also as i've mentioned before, there has been links for many decades now that viral infections (like a bad cold or flu) can potentially cause ALS. Makes some sense if the virus hides out in the neural network and damages it beyond repair. Neurons repair poorly and slowly.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Due to the novel nature of covid19 it's to be expected that we don't know a lot about the long term effects. With so many people working on this I am sure we will find out if there are real effects, or if there is no evidence like so-called "chronic lyme disease" (which isn't to say that these peole are not experiencing 'something' but that we have no evidence that we can see of what that 'something' is). Should be interesting to see how it progresses over the next couple years.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Ya it's possible which is why I thought it kind of drew a bit of similarities to Lyme disease. Some docs think it's a mental or anxiety issue that some people seem to never get well from Lymes. But those who seem to suffer permanent damage from Lyme thinks it's a big slap in their face that docs disregard their (to them) very real symptoms. I know a lady with Lymes and she regularly has had symptoms for over a decade now. She's quite angry about anyone thinking it's psychological or whatever.

Who knows sometimes these bacteria (Lymes) or viruses may somehow find a way to hide and "hibernate" in areas in our bodies that the immune system miss or for whatever reason cannot get to easily. And they re-awaken from time to time and make you feel like a**, then fight your immune system again, lose the battle, go hide out again for a bit, come back... over and over.

I believe a big hiding spot for some viruses and bacteria are your neurons and areas near the spinal cord. The body knows not to have to destroy or damage those tissues (because they do no regenerate well and are obviously extremely important). it's a possible reason for why some people have been having long drawn out symptoms from covid and one of the symptoms is neurological issues (dizziness, loss of coordination, headaches,etc). Also as i've mentioned before, there has been links for many decades now that viral infections (like a bad cold or flu) can potentially cause ALS. Makes some sense if the virus hides out in the neural network and damages it beyond repair. Neurons repair poorly and slowly.

Interesting. I worked at an outfit where a Field guys wife had gotten Lymes at some point. As she was a bit "slow", he had to explain to us that it effected her mental capacity quite a bit differently than before Lymes. I would've never guessed something like Lymes had I not experienced the situation myself.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We may see peak-Calgary-like numbers in terms of active cases soon in Edmonton. Several outbreaks and some spread due to gatherings.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Due to the novel nature of covid19 it's to be expected that we don't know a lot about the long term effects. With so many people working on this I am sure we will find out if there are real effects, or if there is no evidence like so-called "chronic lyme disease" (which isn't to say that these peole are not experiencing 'something' but that we have no evidence that we can see of what that 'something' is). Should be interesting to see how it progresses over the next couple years.

I know at least one person that had lyme disease and it sounds like it still affects her. She still works and contributes to society so she doesnt use it as a crutch but I dont see why shed lie about it?.. Is it not entirely possible that science just hasnt found/learned everything about it and its log term effects? I get siding with science, but science is always learning and what may not be known today could be known tomorrow.

Reactions: HK97

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I had hoped that we could avoid this scenario. People still need to use caution when going out and gathering. Reopening does not mean the virus decided to just go away for our sake.

Me too, but those numbers are very concerning and from what I've seen people seem to think that the worst is over.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A&W>Harvey's when it comes to chain burgers. Throw a side of their onion rings into the mix and there's not even a conversation.

This is almost as wrong as your EASHL CR argument. :sarcasm:

Nothing beats a Harvey's burger with the right toppings and sauce. Their pickles are amazing.

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I know at least one person that had lyme disease and it sounds like it still affects her. She still works and contributes to society so she doesnt use it as a crutch but I dont see why shed lie about it?.. Is it not entirely possible that science just hasnt found/learned everything about it and its log term effects? I get siding with science, but science is always learning and what may not be known today could be known tomorrow.

Oh no, I don't think she is lying about it at all. It's just that there is no evidence of any mechanism which should be causing the symptoms. It's a real "something" that is happening. It's just that for many of the people who have the symptoms, they never even had lyme disease in the first place. But the fault should not be placed at the foot of the people who are experiencing these symptoms. The fault should be placed at the feet of the practitioners who call it chronic lyme disease, as if it's a real thing. It's not. It's like adrenal fatigue. People who are experiencing these packages of symptoms should be given medical treatment, compassion, and a listening ear - the fake diagnosis of lyme disease is NOT their fault.

But again, this is very different from covid19, which is novel and we have a TON to learn about still. Who knows where we will end up when all is said and done with it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Me too, but those numbers are very concerning and from what I've seen people seem to think that the worst is over.

Almost seems like a perfect storm for what was a preventable surge in active cases.

Hopefully at least the hospitalizations stay down.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Nothing beats a Harvey's burger with the right toppings and sauce. Their pickles are amazing.

I took my wife to Harvey's for Valentine's Day once. She was not angry about it at all. Still my favorite burgers.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

If Harvey's burgers were so good, they wouldn't give them away for a toonie. :neener:

Papa burger at A&W takes the cake. Better bun, better meat.

And the CR argument was fine. You just misinterpreted it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If Harvey's burgers were so good, they wouldn't give them away for a toonie. :neener:

Papa burger at A&W takes the cake.

And the CR argument was fine. You just misinterpreted it.

That's only because Harvey's is still a hidden treasure that apparently some people don't really know about yet.

Give me their thicker patties and choice of toppings/sauces any day over A&W. Although A&W is far superior to McDonald's, I'll give you that.

The CR argument was wrong because the premise and analogy were both wrong. Not only in terms of not being able to get over 800 CR in drop-in (that's definitely not true), but also in terms of its application to AA.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That's only because Harvey's is still a hidden treasure that apparently some people don't really know about yet.

Give me their thicker patties and choice of toppings/sauces any day over A&W. Although A&W is far superior to McDonald's, I'll give you that.

The CR argument was wrong because the premise and analogy were both wrong. Not only in terms of not being able to get over 800 CR in drop-in (that's definitely not true), but also in terms of its application to AA.
I will give you the fact that we're in two completely different geographical areas, so supply chains may differ. Harvey's in Ontario is very ordinary and is rarely busy. Though I do frequent them when their two for $5 offer is going on. A&W is hands down better here.

In regards to AA, he is absolutely the clown winger in drop-ins who tries to skate through everybody instead of using his linemates effectively.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I will give you the fact that we're in two completely different geographical areas, so supply chains may differ. Harvey's in Ontario is very ordinary and is rarely busy. Though I do frequent them when their two for $5 offer is going on. A&W is hands down better here.

In regards to AA, he is absolutely the clown winger in drop-ins who tries to skate through everybody instead of using his linemates effectively.

I would think the patties are fairly standardized across the country for any particular franchise though. Here in Alberta, Harvey's definitely gives you a thicker patty than A&W.

I didn't see that from AA in his brief stint here so far. What I saw was a winger with the equivalent of video game stick skills lacking the confidence and chemistry with his new team to try anything. The guy basically shot weak muffins even in prime scoring areas because he knew his reputation and was so concerned with dispelling that reputation and making the "right" play that he settled for weak SOGs instead of aiming for a corner or trying a deke in tight on the goalie.

It's basically the equivalent of a 700ish CR drop-in player being tried out on an established team and scared of making any mistakes.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
When bureaucrats set prices the first commodity which gets a price are their favour.
Why would bureaucrats have to set any prices? The market dictates what people are paid, I'm not sure why you have this grand idea of centrally-planned salaries.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
And they re-awaken from time to time and make you feel like a**, then fight your immune system again, lose the battle, go hide out again for a bit, come back... over and over.

ya kinda what the virus is doing, and i agree with the OP....PI$$ OFF ALREADY !!! :rant::eviltongu

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad