OT: Coronavirus XVI: Hey Covid-19, Piss Off Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hadn't been a case here in over a month, suddenly they decide to open up nail salons tattoo shops and boom! 27 cases, which has likely spread to loads of other people. Nail and hair salons, tattoo parlors, really these aren't necessary and should be part of phase 30, I understand their need to get back to work but you can let your hair grow, not get a tattoo and do your f'n nails at home. Idiots.

Part of phase 30. lol. Completely agree, completely nonessential. A new pandemic reawakening should be a determination of what kinds of things are important, even useful, and what are completely superfluous.

Really I can't even see anybody wanting to frequent the above. But the same people doing so will complain about never getting ahead, never being able to save money, and all the odd and privs are stacked against them.

Collective wisdom used to say its not how much you earn, its how much you save. That seems lost in the wash today. Theres kids out there, tons of them, that actually think Alberta Minimum wage of 15bucks an hour starting is a pittance. But more because they have no conception of working with money and letting money work for you. Because they rarely possess it for long enough to even open an account. You make 100bucks a day, live on a couch, and you have no money ever? That's on you kid. You could have thousands saved up already.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The rioters aren't the ones getting tear gassed, beat and shot at. The normal protestors are. There is far more peaceful protests than riots and the president is telling the police to treat them the same.

If it's the same dead cop I read about, the guy drove by to shoot at protestors and the cops got hit

Feel free to alter the story in Each police officer who died so far this year due to line of duty causes, and with pandemic year beign particularly bad and police and all front line workers so impacted.

So far 113 just in the US and we're not even half way through the year.

But nobody marching streets shouting "say the names".

These people all going into a profession thinking they are going to be able to help uphold society. Shit on in every way possible. Wheres your compassion for police?

Out of all of these one constable was inadvertently shot not by intent. No, that isn't the one I was referring to.

In Edmonton this week a young Constable took his life, tragically. Too much existing having the world seemingly hate you just for what chose to do as a profession. Those tragedies exist too. Nobody speaking up about that. Too busy hating police and never remembering they are human too.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Feel free to alter the story in Each police officer who died so far this year due to line of duty causes, and with pandemic year beign particularly bad and police and all front line workers so impacted.

So far 113 just in the US and we're not even half way through the year.

But nobody marching streets going "say the names".

These people all going into a profession thinking they are going to be able to help uphold society. Shit on in every way possible. Wheres your compassion for police?

Out of all of these one constable was inadvertently shot not by intent. No, that isn't the one I was referring to.

In Edmonton this week a young Constable took his life, tragically. Too much existing having the world seemingly hate you just for what chose to do as a profession. Those tragedies exist too. Nobody speaking up about that. Too busy hating police and never remembering they are human too.
Ahh yes. These cops getting hated on by a choice to be cops. People hating you for your profession.

Think of that for a second, being hated for a choice. Now think about the people being oppressed. Being hated for the color of your skin, or your sexual orientation. Being racially profiles by cops. Being pulled over, just because of the color of their skin.

Cops can definitely reduce the hate for them if they start holding their bad apples accountable and stop calling them bad apples, putting them on desk leave and covering up their crimes.

That's the last I'll say there

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ahh yes. These cops getting hated on by a choice to be cops. People hating you for your profession.

Think of that for a second, being hated for a choice. Now think about the people being oppressed. Being hated for the color of your skin, or your sexual orientation. Being racially profiles by cops. Being pulled over, just because of the color of their skin.

Cops can definitely reduce the hate for them if they start holding their bad apples accountable and stop calling them bad apples, putting them on desk leave and covering up their crimes.

That's the last I'll say there

So you're justifying the misdirected hate at police. Did you note in the list how many of the constables died, just this year, happened to be black as well. Do those lives matter?

What you raise is a really convoluted look. You deduce that because some constables are bad its a not noble profession and people get what they deserve going into it.

I think probably most of the police forces in Canada, in the USA, are amazed at how much contempt gets directed at their profession. With those statements out there as well.

Heres an alternate look. Its not OK to hate somebody just because of their profession or badge. That's prejudice of a different type.

Inconvenient truth.

The difficulty with faulty perception of police in general is it creates a never ending us and them damacles sword dynamic. To understand this you have to go to the protests, hear the narrative, hear how many times poc constables are screamed at, thrown rocks at, and angry mobs DEMANDING to know why they are on that side, why they are police, why they are sell outs why they are turncoats. That being shouted at every protest. AT poc constables who are treated like pos by the rioters. The same rioters go home and complain for hours on twitter about how police forces are racist and don't hire more poc police officers. They can't find enough willing to do the job, get shot at, killed, and buried constantly by their brothers. I mean who signs up for that in numbers?

This is a specific minority attribute that needs to be dispelled because its harmful. Us vs them rhetoric is self fulfilling prophesy and helps no one.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The restos was covered earlier. It really has to be considered at this point whether its viable. Whether restos/bars even should be open to in person business.

These are some considerable outbreaks and most stemming from one original reported case. At Earls particularly from reports one staff person initially came to work, left 2hrs later, feeling sick, now theres 10 cases. Not sure if those are all traced to the one, but...wow.

So that the directive becomes ANYBODY going to ANY of those establishments should get tested immediately.

Are we just playing Russian roulette with these openings. It really is hit or miss. If you're unfortunate enough to choose the wrong place you could have been served the virus. With no discount on the bill.

The resto/bar industry is particularly ill suited to surviving pandemics. I don't even order out at this point. All food cooked, consumed, at home.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The restos was covered earlier. It really has to be considered at this point whether its viable. Whether restos/bars even should be open to in person business.

These are some considerable outbreaks and most stemming from one original reported case. At Earls particularly from reports one staff person initially came to work, left 2hrs later, feeling sick, now theres 10 cases. Not sure if those are all traced to the one, but...wow.

So that the directive becomes ANYBODY going to ANY of those establishments should get tested immediately.

Are we just playing Russian roulette with these openings. It really is hit or miss. If you're unfortunate enough to choose the wrong place you could have been served the virus. With no discount on the bill.

The resto/bar industry is particularly ill suited to surviving pandemics. I don't even order out at this point. All food cooked, consumed, at home.

I stated before the reopenings that I thought it was happening 3-4 weeks too soon. We needed to have active cases down more before we reopened, IMO. Now we're running a serious risk of more or less completely wasting the efforts of the initial lockdown.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So you're justifying the misdirected hate at police. Did you note in the list how many of the constables died, just this year, happened to be black as well. Do those lives matter?

What you raise is a really convoluted look. You deduce that because some constables are bad its a not noble profession and people get what they deserve going into it.

I think probably most of the police forces in Canada, in the USA, are amazed at how much contempt gets directed at their profession. With those statements out there as well.

Heres an alternate look. Its not OK to hate somebody just because of their profession or badge. That's prejudice of a different type.

Inconvenient truth.

The difficulty with faulty perception of police in general is it creates a never ending us and them damacles sword dynamic. To understand this you have to go to the protests, hear the narrative, hear how many times poc constables are screamed at, thrown rocks at, and angry mobs DEMANDING to know why they are on that side, why they are police, why they are sell outs why they are turncoats. That being shouted at every protest. AT poc constables who are treated like pos by the rioters. The same rioters go home and complain for hours on twitter about how police forces are racist and don't hire more poc police officers. They can't find enough willing to do the job, get shot at, killed, and buried constantly by their brothers. I mean who signs up for that in numbers?

This is a specific minority attribute that needs to be dispelled because its harmful. Us vs them rhetoric is self fulfilling prophesy and helps no one.
You know what would actually solve most of all of this.

1) Cops being held accountable for their actions. Not desk duty or laid leave, accountable.
2) Proper training. If a hair dresser needs more training and longer schooling then you have a problem. Cops in some nation have years of training to become cops. I think that's fair
3) Police unions in some cities need less power. Some US cities the Police Union is the most powerful force and they literally do everything to defend eachother. The police unions in Minneapolis said George Flloyds murder did absolutely nothing wrong and it was wrong that he got fired. Dude murdered him full stop.
4) Stop defending bad cops. Cops need to know that if they are another one breaking policy or the law that they should stop them.
5) Go back to serve and protect not making money. It's not an issue here but NYC was the worst for that. Their crime rate was going down and because they were arresting the right criminals, arrests were going down with it. Giuliani(sp) told his police chief that it was lunacy. If the crime rate is going down you need to arrest more and more people. So now you have quotas.
6) Oh ya, get rid of arrest/tick quotas

The cops should get less hate then they do. The changes to make things better for everyone including cops are pushed back from the cops sadly. Too many powerful cops on power not wanting to give it up.

Both sides are definitely wrong but stop pretending like the police organization as a whole is innocent, of they were they wouldn't be so many constant stories and videos non stop.

The cops in the states are undertrained, over militarized and corrupt. I'm talking exclusively about the states here.

Reactions: Daryls Nose

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I stated before the reopenings that I thought it was happening 3-4 weeks too soon. We needed to have active cases down more before we reopened, IMO. Now we're running a serious risk of more or less completely wasting the efforts of the initial lockdown.

Yeah, numbers don't seem to be exploding but the risk of contracting is still very real. The continued reality of Covid 19 is where one person has it, several will soon have it. They've spoken so much of superspreaders and you wonder how much is from an individual trace cases. Its interesting that whenever theres an outbreak that is outside of say immediate family, facility numbers, it gets huge.

There is no way I would be going to any rec center either. Or Movie theatre, or really any public place indoors beyond buying necessity groceries. Wouldn't be doing that either if stores sold stuff outside.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, numbers don't seem to be exploding but the risk of contracting is still very real. The continued reality of Covid 19 is where one person has it, several will soon have it. They've spoken so much of superspreaders and you wonder how much is from an individual trace cases. Its interesting that whenever theres an outbreak that is outside of say immediate family, facility numbers, it gets huge.

There is no way I would be going to any rec center either. Or Movie theatre, or really any public place indoors beyond buying necessity groceries. Wouldn't be doing that either if stores sold stuff outside.

Need to get active cases back under control. I would hold off on pro sports reopenings until that happens.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't know too many parents that didn't want to kill their kids during this whole covid thing. Until you actually have to do something you might now understand what people go through.

I have taken the added time to teach my kids how to do many things work related, soccer skills and a bit about life. I wouldnt trade that extra time with them that I wouldnt have had otherwise for anything although yes the bickering can be a pita. My issue is that one of my kids teachers was very good during the shut down and the other was very distant and couldnt even return emails quicker than 3 or so days later while still milking the government for pay. Too busy surfing I guess. The other teacher was top notch and she has a toddler at home.

Reactions: Bangers and harpoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad