Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
lol

Is this a joke?

Genetics are a thing, but so is diabetes.
He was right about the genetics thing but eating well and exercising 100% does help you liev longer. If you choose to not exercise, eat very unhealthy, and drink all the time and who knows what else, you could give yourself a number of health issues that cause you to die at 50 or 60 instead of living well into your 80s or 90s.

Like I have good genetics to live until I'm 90 but if I chose to do those things, become obese, get diabetes, increased blood pressure, cholesterol etc, there's a very good chance I never make it to 90. You don't usually see overweight people living until they're 90.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Some of you guys are going to flip out....my govt insider pal (LOL) told me that we're at 700 today in Ontario.

Ruuuuun to the hiiiiiiiiiills. Run foooooooor your lii-eeeves.
Yep looks like we are in 2nd wave a little earlier than thought .. run for da hills ... time to go back up north for winter

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yep looks like we are in 2nd wave a little earlier than thought .. run for da hills ... time to go back up north for winter
It’s the same wave, people are interacting so it’s spreading a little now.
I wonder how many of the 700 are actually infectious?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
No one knows much about this virus ... ridiculous to think people are gonna stop interacting ... we gotta go back to stage 2 like Ontario Health is saying ... it worked last time so I've got to assume it will work again ... we all have to give up our bars, restaurants, theatres, gyms, schools etc and we got to do it fast so we can reduce da spread ... if we don't then we will be back to FULL lockdown once again or maybe worse

Reactions: hoglund

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
LOL... Sky News is the Eklund of web news.

The Lawyer interviewed is not credible? You're attacking a National broadcast station with millions of viewers to diminish the Lawyers research and opinion? Now the measure of credible appears to be and only be that which supports the narratives you support. There is nothing open minded in that and it's most certainly one of the most effective ways to be proven categorically wrong.

Bluelines, you need to leave the box. There is more outside of it and they offer fascinating opinions to think about in your free time. You could even research some of it and see what you come up with. You're better than this lazy stuff.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

I am really interested in some of the research that suggests certain things like CV come and go with seasons due to lack of Vitamin D or as part of the Human bodies cycle, where come fall and winter it purges the toxins.

Age Group Probability of survival (CDC)
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

Common cold can protect against seasonal flu, research suggests

What Most Doctors Won't Tell You About Colds and Flus
- Here is the key to understanding why colds and flus, when allowed to run their course while you rest, can be good for you:
By and large, the viruses that cause the common cold and the flu infect mainly your weakest cells; cells that are already burdened with excessive waste products and toxins are most likely to allow viruses to infect them. These are cells that you want to get rid of anyway, to be replaced by new, healthy cells.​

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No one knows much about this virus ... ridiculous to think people are gonna stop interacting ... we gotta go back to stage 2 like Ontario Health is saying ... it worked last time so I've got to assume it will work again ... we all have to give up our bars, restaurants, theatres, gyms, schools etc and we got to do it fast so we can reduce da spread ... if we don't then we will be back to FULL lockdown once again or maybe worse

How do you know those places are “the culprit” for spreading the virus?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I am really interested in some of the research that suggests certain things like CV come and go with seasons due to lack of Vitamin D or as part of the Human bodies cycle, where come fall and winter it purges the toxins.

Age Group Probability of survival (CDC)
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

Common cold can protect against seasonal flu, research suggests

What Most Doctors Won't Tell You About Colds and Flus
- Here is the key to understanding why colds and flus, when allowed to run their course while you rest, can be good for you:
By and large, the viruses that cause the common cold and the flu infect mainly your weakest cells; cells that are already burdened with excessive waste products and toxins are most likely to allow viruses to infect them. These are cells that you want to get rid of anyway, to be replaced by new, healthy cells.​
We’ve been around a long time because we’re given a very complex immune system. This virus is a little more tricky because it “naturally” tries to fight through our defence systems

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The Lawyer interviewed is not credible? You're attacking a National broadcast station with millions of viewers to diminish the Lawyers research and opinion? Now the measure of credible appears to be and only be that which supports the narratives you support. There is nothing open minded in that and it's most certainly one of the most effective ways to be proven categorically wrong.

Bluelines, you need to leave the box. There is more outside of it and they offer fascinating opinions to think about in your free time. You could even research some of it and see what you come up with. You're better than this lazy stuff.

Having BS filer is not lacking the ability to be open minded. It's having the ability to filter out bullshit.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
How do you know those places are “the culprit” for spreading the virus?
I don't but we have to trust Health Ontario guidance ... what else can we do? ... Health Ontario is saying we need to go back to phase 2 ... look I go to a lot of bars and restaurants so I would prefer they be open but I also respect if authorities who are supposed to know what to do say they should close ... oh well

Reactions: Duckrider

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I don't but we have to trust Health Ontario guidance ... what else can we do? ... Health Ontario is saying we need to go back to phase 2 ... look I go to a lot of bars and restaurants so I would prefer they be open but I also respect if authorities who are supposed to know what to do say they should close ... oh well
But only if they are proven to be the cause for the spike.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

It's a highly contagious virus, if a vaccine doesn't come on line we will be doing this pointless **** until the end of time because it's still a highly contagious virus surprisingly enough

But sure, it's definitely going to "work" this time, it's become ******* communism

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

are they using data to make the decision? I don’t care about bars and restaurants, although I doubt there a big contributor. I’d want to see the data with demographics.
But closing schools? Literally millions of kids around the world are holding to face to face class with minimal issue.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
But only if they are proven to be the cause for the spike.
Even then. College campuses are going to have parties and get together and they are going to bars, but you can’t shut down colleges.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Having BS filer is not lacking the ability to be open minded. It's having the ability to filter out bullshit.

He is a legit Lawyer that has conducted some research and offered his opinion based on his findings? Now, on one hand you can opt to diminish the station he was given a platform to speak on but that doesn't really hold water. You can also diminish his findings based on contrary evidence but that will take effort.

This is why with...

Age Group Probability of survival
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

We need to have an honest debate. Regarding a lock-down 2.0, I think a referendum would be prudent but all data should be made public. I am tired of only seeing 3 Canadian Doctors on all television stations while all the hospital employees working front lines basically have laughed it off and don't take it seriously.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It's a highly contagious virus, if a vaccine doesn't come on line we will be doing this pointless **** until the end of time because it's still a highly contagious virus surprisingly enough

But sure, it's definitely going to "work" this time, it's become ******* communism
Cases are going up at a huge rate increase in past week ... no one knows why exactly but they know the hotspots ... why is downtown TO and Brampton so RED hot for new cases this past week?????????????? ... my guess is school is back and people are moving much much more to/from school and kids are passing it around between them and then take home to family ... i mean it is spiking past week ... no one wants to confront da elephant in da room but thats my guess ... those RED hotspots people live on to of each other so da spread would have to be worse

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
He is a legit Lawyer that has conducted some research and offered his opinion based on his findings? Now, on one hand you can opt to diminish the station he was given a platform to speak on but that doesn't really hold water. You can also diminish his findings based on contrary evidence but that will take effort.

This is why with...

0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

We need to have an honest debate. Regarding a lock-down 2.0, I think a referendum would be prudent but all data should be made public. I am tired of only seeing 3 Canadian Doctors on all television stations while all the hospital employees working front lines basically have laughed it off and don't take it seriously.

Sort of....you have to take into account the fact that we've had a shut down, and have had a lot of things implemented as to not overload the hospitals. Once the hospitals are overloaded those numbers will change considerably. Our situation is very fluid with many more moving parts than I'm sure we are even aware of.

If we had done what New Zealand did we would be back to normal by now with everything open. But that's what the numbers would reflect.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Cases are going up at a huge rate increase in past week ... no one knows why exactly but they know the hotspots ... why is downtown TO and Brampton so RED hot for new cases this past week?????????????? ... my guess is school is back and people are moving much much more to/from school and kids are passing it around between them and then take home to family ... i mean it is spiking past week ... no one wants to confront da elephant in da room but thats my guess ... those RED hotspots people live on to of each other so da spread would have to be worse

That's what happens when you have a highly communicable virus and people are interacting, it is what it is

We can't go on like this, if you want to take precautions have at it but the fundamentals won't change without a vaccine so let's get on with our lives

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That's what happens when you have a highly communicable virus and people are interacting, it is what it is

We can't go on like this, if you want to take precautions have at it but the fundamentals won't change without a vaccine so let's get on with our lives
I get it ... da kids and young adults/kids aren't dying so it is what it is ... I see these behaviours everyday ... to each his/her own ... and when us mid/older folk die off oh well what da f*ck it was bound to happen

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I get it ... da kids and young adults/kids aren't dying so it is what it is ... I see these behaviours everyday ... to each his/her own ... and when us mid/older folk die off oh well what da f*ck it was bound to happen

Take precautions if you have concerns, but I'm not keen on screwing with the mental state, social interaction, civil liberties and debt load of the next generation

Reactions: kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

But there are many studies that say kids are less likely to spread the virus. They’ve done studies to show the virus goes from adults to children far more often than children to adults.
Again, there are millions of kids going to face to face classes and it’s not been an issue.

Locking down all summer was a bigger faux pas, IMO.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sort of....you have to take into account the fact that we've had a shut down, and have had a lot of things implemented as to not overload the hospitals. Once the hospitals are overloaded those numbers will change considerably. Our situation is very fluid with many more moving parts than I'm sure we are even aware of.

If we had done what New Zealand did we would be back to normal by now with everything open. But that's what the numbers would reflect.

Is that really the case though? Look at Japan's numbers. Look at South Korea. Very good numbers and even Sweden isn't terrible considering the age of their population etc. No lockdown. Are the Chinese numbers not dubious at best? China started partying after they hit 98k cases or so. How the heck?! These numbers are clear...

0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

That's the USA whom is criticized for their handling. This thing is not even coming close to outpacing things like Heart Disease and such.

Infographic: Up to 40 Million Americans Face Eviction in 2020
Up to 40 Million Americans Face Eviction in 2020

Then what? Bread lines? for a virus that does not even kill 1%? Tent cities? FEMA camps? How about forcing property owners to house people on their own dime? Then what happens when they have to sell their homes? Market collapse for the housing market? How about all of you that tapped into the equity of your properties over the boom?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino