Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
If you include the asymptomatic that won’t be tested , those that have already had it and didn’t know it and those that have natural immunity you probably won’t have those same death numbers.

Probably not. Even if you knock it back by a factor of 5 that's near 4k in the "middle age" group (a lot of parents and professionals) and 34k in the "near or recent retirees." Then a couple hundred more in the 20-39 group (the 0% is from rounding). Then account for increased rates from the healthcare system being overwhelmed. So even if we kept the 80+ perfectly isolated (which we couldn't at those infection levels) we're looking at 80+ % of the deaths Canada faced in WW2 in Ontario alone, and not over a period of 5 years.

Italy: coronavirus death rate by age | Statista
If you map these numbers from Italy onto Ontario and follow the same math (70% infection, 5 factor mortality overstatement)

you get
1800 deaths in 40-49
6500 deaths in 50-59
22700 deaths in 60-69

So even if you fell back on the nigh on impossible goal of perfectly isolating everyone over 70 (instead of 80 as in the Ontario based model) the death toll and yes, economic impact would be huge.

Has it now mutated to a less virulent form? have we gained some immunity? Maybe. There's definitely room for discussion of whether we'd be facing those same numbers now, and if the same measures are warranted. But armchair quarterbacking April when faced with those numbers (or in some cases using them for vindication) is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
For intellectuals or perhaps, intellectuals with critical thinking skills.

BornThomas Ernest Woods Jr.

August 1, 1972 (age 48)
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
School or
tradition
Austrian School
Alma materHarvard University (A.B., 1994)
Columbia University (M.Phil., Ph.D.)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LOL, you use this douche as a reference...

Woods was a founding member of the League of the South, a neo-Confederate organization.[10][11] In 1995, Woods also defended the position of the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War and condemned the 19th-century abolitionist movement.[12]
Yeah it takes a real intellectual to support a guy who was against the abolishment of the slave trade. Pro confederate state and supported Ron Paul in his quest for political office. Brilliant reference.

Who? What? Where? Why? How? Questions you continue to avoid.

You can paint a turd gold but it wont make it gold.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
@thewave , The points he is making get completely lost in the (ironically) divisive rhetoric and auditory fellatio he's giving to an audience made up of his donors and supporters.
That's not intellectual discourse, it's a sales pitch.

"They're the midwits! You my insightful disciples are brilliant! Pat yourself on the back for agreeing with me! Please have all cheques delivered by 5pm"

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
@thewave , The points he is making get completely lost in the (ironically) divisive rhetoric and auditory fellatio he's giving to an audience made up of his donors and supporters.

"They're the midwits! You my insightful disciples are brilliant! Pat yourself on the back for agreeing with me! Please have all cheques delivered by 5pm"

He is applying his critical thinking skills to the facts (numbers) and using references to form to logical/plausible conclusions. The evidence is the numbers and the collection of articles of admittance to the numerous ways the "experts" got this wrong.

His delivery could be better.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
That's not intellectual discourse, it's a sales pitch.

..LOL.. auditory fellatio ... Bravo...

These YouTube famous people are all cut from the same cloth, Shapiro, Petersen, they take a contrarian or controversial POV for the purpose of getting clicks, giving fodder for the little echo chamber that the conspiracy theory crowd surrounds themselves in, his sole purpose is to get rich.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He is applying his critical thinking skills to the facts (numbers) and using references to form to logical/plausible conclusions. The evidence is the numbers and the collection of articles of admittance to the numerous ways the "experts" got this wrong.

An idiot with a super computer, is still an idiot.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

He actually nailed it. Mission accomplished. I just wonder if the complementary smoke afterword was mailed to youtube viewers or if it was for paying customers only.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
An idiot with a super computer, is still an idiot.

I don't attack people or form an opinion of their research based solely on a past opinion or their delivery method. I look past that "colour" and directly at the content. Generally speaking, and intellectually, that is the only honest approach in gauging the content of any information delivered you.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I don't attack people or form an opinion of their research based solely on a past opinion or their delivery method. I look past that "colour" and directly at the content. Generally speaking, and intellectually, that is the only honest approach in gauging the content of any information delivered you.

Translation you look for data that provides confirmation to your bias?

This guys job is to be contrarian in EVERYTHING he does or speaks on publicly... it's his business to do so, he became a multimillionaire being a contrarian, why would you think he would have any other position on Covid but contrary to what 99.9% of the scientific world believes. His past behavior should persuade even the most linear thinker to dismiss what he says. If Hitler came out and said, hey guys Covid... its all BS... would you say yeah Aldof you got a point or would you dismiss him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad