Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Yes its a global conspiracy, every Dr is part of it, millions of scientist are conspiring to pretend Covid-19 is more serious than it is. No one has died, people under the age of 18 cant get sick... it's all true , its one big game of gotchya...

I actually have a friend who is a viral biologist. She must be in on it too.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes its a global conspiracy, every Dr is part of it, millions of scientist are conspiring to pretend Covid-19 is more serious than it is. No one has died, people under the age of 18 cant get sick... it's all true , its one big game of gotchya...

You never even addressed the Ontario numbers or the CDC. You're just repeating mainstream news rather than actively researching differing opinions and weighing what they have to say. Lazy.

I never said any of that. I know there are groups of Doctors that have protested the measures. There are groups of Doctors who have said the accounting of the Virus is not accurate. The creator of the PCR test said his test is not very good for Corona Virus. You probably missed the part about people wanting public inquiries and investigations. I am saying that in researching the topic, I have found many credible people that deserve to be heard and the investigations will help that come to pass.

Am I not allowed to read other doctors work and post it? Half of the things I posted before my unplanned absence from this thread came to be true. Heck, there are even rumblings from a Chinese Scientist that defected and has laid claim that the virus was created in the lab.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Is she known to make light of her what 8 years in University just to be in on a global con job?

You know there are only about 10 of you posting in here still right? I know a Doctor that said the opposite and I trust them.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If New Zealand, a country in the ass end of nowhere and an island that has almost complete control of it's own boarders can't stop COVID entering the country, twice I have serious doubts anybody can

The fact people actually think that this kind of stupidity could be a thing boggles the mind

There is no stopping this, none unless a vaccine comes on line
Yeppir. The only way to stop it is to run out of hosts. A vaccine will help.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeppir. The only way to stop it is to run out of hosts. A vaccine will help.

The question is how much will a vaccine help? If the best case scenario for the influenza vaccine is 60% and the Corona Virus itself mutates quite quickly (possible more quickly). How can this work? They have also said the virus can hit you multiple times in rapid succession. Just using common sense, doesn't that mean the vaccine will likely only work somewhat at first and then not so much a few mths later? You'll be constantly vaccinated every year to make this work at all.

It would seem to me, herd immunity, faith, treatment options and no fear is the only answer.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You know there are only about 10 of you posting in here still right? I know a Doctor that said the opposite and I trust them.

I bet he looked like this ...

13.jpg

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Also to the “1200 signed” ppl ... there are 1+ million physicians in America alone. Lmaoooo 1200 docs. That’s about the size of one Dallas hospital.

Reactions: Walshy7

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Also to the “1200 signed” ppl ... there are 1+ million physicians in America alone. Lmaoooo 1200 docs. That’s about the size of one Dallas hospital.

1200 is still a lot of minds to just brush off. It's certainly enough to entertain a discussion. I mean, that is in a civil society with proper discourse. You do understand how many Doctors in the past were called crazy by the establishment until their work was published and the results proven care of Scientific Method. What we have here right now is nothing conclusive and a rapidly changing narrative to go along with the rapidly changing apparent symptoms

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The question is how much will a vaccine help? If the best case scenario for the influenza vaccine is 60% and the Corona Virus itself mutates quite quickly (possible more quickly). How can this work? They have also said the virus can hit you multiple times in rapid succession. Just using common sense, doesn't that mean the vaccine will likely only work somewhat at first and then not so much a few mths later? You'll be constantly vaccinated every year to make this work at all.

It would seem to me, herd immunity, faith, treatment options and no fear is the only answer.
I agree. A vaccine will only help get to herd immunity not Hopefully this completely reverts to its natural state and goes away soon.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I have a simple question. Why don't they ever report the amount of people tested? In other words, why don't they give us the positivity rate? I need a logical answer please.

I crunched the numbers the other day.....the day we had the most cases in a while. I found a page that reported the amount of people tested. This is what I found for key provinces. (COVID positive/amount of people tested):

Ontario: 478/33,073
BC: 96/5,553
Quebec:489/16,177
Alberta: 150/9,430
Manitoba: 24/1,233

So, the positive rate was:

Ontario: 1.4
B.C.: 1.7
Quebec: 3.0
Alberta: 1.6
Manitoba: 1.9

This is useful info. Why is it not shared?!

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
So why would you want to take a chance in getting it? Even if it doesn't kill you there's a good chance it affects you in the future...

The costs of case prevention are too high to society.

Kids are people too.

Facts are this so far:

Chances of dying of COVID-19 in Ontario thus far:

0-20 1/3 million
21-401/ 300,000
41-601/30,000
61-801/3,000
81-1001/300
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

See the factor of 10 increase as you go up in age groups of 20. I've rounded the numbers to make this easier to remember. Although it was a bit weird how close these numbers are to the actual raw data.

You do not shut down society for these numbers.

To make matters worse, every patient that dies with COVID-19 dies of COVID-19 which is just not how reality works.

We flattened the curve, but not the fear.

300 people die in Ontario everyday. Yesterday 3 died with COVID-19.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...0/covid-19-daily-epi-summary-report.pdf?la=en

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
The costs of case prevention are too high to society.

Kids are people too.

Facts are this so far:

Chances of dying of COVID-19 in Ontario thus far:

0-20 1/3 million
21-401/ 300,000
41-601/30,000
61-801/3,000
81-1001/300
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
See the factor of 10 increase as you go up in age groups of 20. I've rounded the numbers to make this easier to remember. Although it was a bit weird how close these numbers are to the actual raw data.

You do not shut down society for these numbers.

To make matters worse, every patient that dies with COVID-19 dies of COVID-19 which is just not how reality works.

We flattened the curve, but not the fear.

300 people die in Ontario everyday. Yesterday 3 died with COVID-19.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...0/covid-19-daily-epi-summary-report.pdf?la=en
That response had nothing to do with what I asked....

Given the issues people have from mild to severe cases after they have been cleared that last weeks to months later along with the reports that there are more complications afterwards as well, why would you want to risk your own personal health or someone else's even if it doesn't mean you don't die?

Like this disease might not kill you know but could affect your body in a way that it kills you 10 to 20 years earlier than if you didn't have it. Thats worth going about your life?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Given the issues people have from mild to severe cases after they have been cleared that last weeks to months later along with the reports that there are more complications afterwards as well, why would you want to risk your own personal health or someone else's even if it doesn't mean you don't die?

Like this disease might not kill you know but could affect your body in a way that it kills you 10 to 20 years earlier than if you didn't have it. Thats worth going about your life?

I was just having this conversation with my wife over breakfast. We have been cautiously concerned throughout -- very careful of what we do and where we go, but also haven't locked ourselves down completely like some people we know. She keeps saying why would you want to risk getting it. I/we don't. But 6+ months in, we also have to live our lives a bit and not be so scared about every little move we make. Yes, knowing what repercussions may come of it. Especially considering not even half a perfect of the province has tested positive for the virus half a year in.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

so lock yourself inside forever because you're afraid of dying 10 years earlier...how would you even know it was 10 years earlier lol... oh man

stop your life now and don't catch it because even though you're going to be 100% fine today maybe it will affect your life 20 years from now

you see the problem here right? I got a hint, it it isn't a virus...

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I agree. A vaccine will only help get to herd immunity not Hopefully this completely reverts to its natural state and goes away soon.
A vaccine is not very useful if people are getting it twice or three times after recovering from it ... but best we can hope for is world all does vaccine very quickly in unison like 1 month so then the virus dies with no one further to infect ... or it just dies off on its own like most viruses ... but looks like we got another wave coming down pike here in fall which really sucks

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
A vaccine is not very useful if people are getting it twice or three times after recovering from it ... but best we can hope for is world all does vaccine very quickly in unison like 1 month so then the virus dies with no one further to infect ... or it just dies off on its own like most viruses ... but looks like we got another wave coming down pike here in fall which really sucks

of course we're having a second wave, we were prepped for that since February

right in time for school, too.. a little early of course but hey..not like they didn't tell us it was comin

Last edited:

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I know perfectly healthy, anxiety and fear-ridden people who worry all the time about what's going to happen 20 years from now. They were this way long before this virus ever appeared.

This virus is just amplifying their already-existing fears.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad