Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
so lock yourself inside forever because you're afraid of dying 10 years earlier...how would you even know it was 10 years earlier lol... oh man

stop your life now and don't catch it because even though you're going to be 100% fine today maybe it will affect your life 20 years from now

you see the problem here right? I got a hint, it it isn't a virus...
Lol I'm not someone who's going to do that. You know nothing about me or my circumstances or my life. I'm someone who cares about my health and wants to live a good, healthy life until I'm 100. Thats my goal in life.

I rarely eat unhealthy and am currently training for a triathlon and am training for speed. I have training goals and if I get sick it could POTENTIALLY affect. If it doesn't, then that's great but why take rhat chance? So as of now I don't go out to bars or restaurants and avoid big groups of people that aren't my friends.

Its called being safe from something thats really contagious. I'm still living my life, stop acting like you think I'm some paranoid, anxiety ridden person.

Just cause many of you on here only care about drinking booze and eating shitty fast food and processed and don't care at all about your own personal health doesn't mean others don't either lol.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Under 40 citizens are really jumping up the the numbers in Ontario today at 63% of 409 new cases today reported. Working people with children demographic not coincidentally. Bless em all i hope they all get through this. Getting scary again Leafers.

We are all fatigued with this but must remain careful. Moron from Quebec says we must keep working and kids must be schooled and we must avoid social contact. I think he avoided connecting with his f****** brain

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lol I'm not someone who's going to do that. You know nothing about me or my circumstances or my life. I'm someone who cares about my health and wants to live a good, healthy life until I'm 100. Thats my goal in life.

I rarely eat unhealthy and am currently training for a triathlon and am training for speed. I have training goals and if I get sick it could POTENTIALLY affect. If it doesn't, then that's great but why take rhat chance? So as of now I don't go out to bars or restaurants and avoid big groups of people that aren't my friends.

Its called being safe from something thats really contagious. I'm still living my life, stop acting like you think I'm some paranoid, anxiety ridden person.

Just cause many of you on here only care about drinking booze and eating shitty fast food and processed and don't care at all about your own personal health doesn't mean others don't either lol.

Shitty fast food? Now that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me... I eat out 3 times a week , my exercise is climbing in and out of my truck to get said fast food and I'm a sexy beast ... ;)

BTW eating well and exercising wont help you live longer, your DNA decides how long you live, every one has a best before date, what exercise and diet does is it allows you to have a better quality of life before the best before date hits. It allows you to better cope with stress and allows you to better fight off disease. If your genetics says you will live 85 years, eating well and exercising wont get you to 86, it will just help you get to 85. If no one in your family has lived past 85, there is a 100% chance you wont make it to 100.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

There are hints on here why you would want to hang around with your trusted,responsible close knit family/ friends group right now eh ha :)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Shitty fast food? Now that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me... I eat out 3 times a week , my exercise is climbing in and out of my truck to get said fast food and I'm a sexy beast ... ;)

BTW eating well and exercising wont help you live longer, your DNA decides how long you live, every one has a best before date, what exercise and diet does is it allows you to have a better quality of life before the best before date hits. It allows you to better cope with stress and allows you to better fight off disease. If your genetics says you will live 85 years, eating well and exercising wont get you to 86, it will just help you get to 85. If no one in your family has lived past 85, there is a 100% chance you wont make it to 100.
This is so true....

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
I was just having this conversation with my wife over breakfast. We have been cautiously concerned throughout -- very careful of what we do and where we go, but also haven't locked ourselves down completely like some people we know. She keeps saying why would you want to risk getting it. I/we don't. But 6+ months in, we also have to live our lives a bit and not be so scared about every little move we make. Yes, knowing what repercussions may come of it. Especially considering not even half a perfect of the province has tested positive for the virus half a year in.
Exactly. I'm doing that but I'm also not someone who needs to go to the bar to be happy, or gather in large groupings unless its for a race...my life hasn't changed much, I see my friends still, some not at all given they have kids and I'm still seeing my family. The gym is back open, I'm working, back in school, and am training 5 to 6 days a week.

The only thing I've given up is playing/coaching soccer, its too risky. My heart truly isn't in either of those things anymore anyway, would rather train for my races.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

I'm well aware of all that, my grandpa lived until he was 95 but without repeating too much of what you said, the better you treat yourself, the better quality of life your later years will be...

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
upload_2020-9-24_15-50-18.png

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I have a simple question. Why don't they ever report the amount of people tested? In other words, why don't they give us the positivity rate? I need a logical answer please.

I crunched the numbers the other day.....the day we had the most cases in a while. I found a page that reported the amount of people tested. This is what I found for key provinces. (COVID positive/amount of people tested):

Ontario: 478/33,073
BC: 96/5,553
Quebec:489/16,177
Alberta: 150/9,430
Manitoba: 24/1,233

So, the positive rate was:

Ontario: 1.4
B.C.: 1.7
Quebec: 3.0
Alberta: 1.6
Manitoba: 1.9

This is useful info. Why is it not shared?!
I saw it was .9% in Ontario today and has hovered around that number for a long while. If they are using a CT less than 30 that’s an incredibly low number of cases. Not even worth testing low.
If the CT is 40 or above, the provincial government should be sued.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

lol

Is this a joke?

Genetics are a thing, but so is diabetes.

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
Toronto based company "kontrol Energy" has made a device called "biocloud".

Reportedly they can track and monitor covid and other airborne pathogens through their air quality systems.

Its been tested through two Canadian University labs funded the Gov.

They've had the test results now for two weeks. Hoping they go forth with this safe space technology. Might be better than waiting for a vaccine...

Kontrol Energy Corp - Energy Efficiency, Smart Building Retrofits, GHG Reduction

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Some of you guys are going to flip out....my govt insider pal (LOL) told me that we're at 700 today in Ontario.

Ruuuuun to the hiiiiiiiiiills. Run foooooooor your lii-eeeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad