Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Bottom line is we botched da vaccine side of things from day 1 ... again no one likes da truth ... we shoulda started building OUR own LAB da second we found out in January 2020 this was gonna be a huge problem ... put da 1B down we got from da French when we sold Connaught and start to build up our own again ... so when a vaccine came out we would be prepared to license and start production yesterday ... but we waited until January 2021 to start building up our new LAB in Montreal ... 1 year too late ... and now we have a vaccine license with a manufacturer but no LAB ready ... it will be Nov/Dec 2021 before our LAB is ready and certified ... and Jan 2022 before we can start producing our own vaccines ... and guess what .. we will likely provide to da African nations for free because most of 1st world will have bought Pfizer/Moderna by then ...

Also we (Trudeau) picked da wrong provider ... we should have partnered with US on their Warp Speed plan and went in 10% out everything they did and got 10% of all production ... then we would be all vaccinated by end of spring/early summer 2021 ...

We need business people in charge of these things not politicians and generals ... complete miss on EVERY front

Yesterday I watched a news report (CTV) on Canada's online distribution system, they were saying we have no national automated system to book vaccine appointments, apparently Israel developed a national inventory control and online booking system and it is phenomenal, CTV suggested instead of building our own, we should buy the system from a country who has a proven system, like Israel's. Kinda shocked that we've known for a year that we need some sort of organized system to distribute the vaccines and we don't have one? I wonder if that is because each province is responsible for their own health care and to distribute or is it that we couldn't walk and chew bubble gum. I hear Alberta's was an unmitigated disaster?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
There are no Canadian vaccines ready yet, although Canada helped develop the IIRC Moderna's vaccine.

Maybe tax payers will be willing to fund more vaccine development now and not complain about? :biglaugh:

Never, people want all the benefits but none of the taxes.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
People don't want to admit it but it was totally expected. Simple math. You got UK and SA variants across GTA now and it spreads they say at 5X rate of normal virus. You got all schools open again all big old buildings with terrible ventilation. What do you expect? Of course GTA was gonna get a 3rd wave OMG. Look we all have mental health issues and I feel bad for da kids but I feel a lot worse for da thousands who are dying prematurely.

Except it never really happened in the UK. They had the same bump as us and most other countries and the UK is where the most significant variant came from. The virus did what it wanted and followed the same predictable pattern every virus does.

Coronavirus chart: see how your country compares | Free to read | Financial Times

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yesterday I watched a news report (CTV) on Canada's online distribution system, they were saying we have no national automated system to book vaccine appointments, apparently Israel developed a national inventory control and online booking system and it is phenomenal, CTV suggested instead of building our own, we should buy the system from a country who has a proven system, like Israel's. Kinda shocked that we've known for a year that we need some sort of organized system to distribute the vaccines and we don't have one? I wonder if that is because each province is responsible for their own health care and to distribute or is it that we couldn't walk and chew bubble gum. I hear Alberta's was an unmitigated disaster?

LOL.

Actually, it went live and got overwhelmed for couple hours, then settled in nicely thank you.

Telus provided some additional hardware that got installed almost immediately.

Hard to stress test a system internally.

Management might not have expected the problem, but everyone else did.

An estimated 230,000 seniors age 75 and older were eligible for the vaccine when bookings opened up Wednesday morning. Seniors who are residents of public long-term care and designated supportive-living facilities have already received them.

As of 10:20 this morning 111k booked.

Loblaws says they can do 1,000,000 vaccines per week.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yep we hired Deloitte to build one from scratch ... I assume someone in government thought of idea of buying/licensing Israel's but determined it would cost us more $$$ ... I am only guessing but that's what I would have done

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Except it never really happened in the UK. They had the same bump as us and most other countries and the UK is where the most significant variant came from. The virus did what it wanted and followed the same predictable pattern every virus does.

Coronavirus chart: see how your country compares | Free to read | Financial Times
Well then these govt people/docs all over Canada are lying to us in media ... why are they all saying it is more easily passable than regular COVID19? ... you know i don't trust media ... this whole thing about a 2 week production line changeover at Pfizer Belgium, which turned into a 4 week delay, well i don't think it was even true ... my guess is Euro countries took all da vaccines for themselves like US is doing too ... there is so much we don't really know ... it will be years before da truth comes out

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
LOL.

Actually, it went live and got overwhelmed for couple hours, then settled in nicely thank you.

oops, carry on

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
LOL.

The Alberta one or the national one?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well then these govt people/docs all over Canada are lying to us in media ... why are they all saying it is more easily passable than regular COVID19? ... you know i don't trust media ... this whole thing about a 2 week production line changeover at Pfizer Belgium, which turned into a 4 week delay, well i don't think it was even true ... my guess is Euro countries took all da vaccines for themselves like US is doing too ... there is so much we don't really know ... it will be years before da truth comes out
Has anyone in the media asked the doctors, public health officials or the government why cases and hospital census in the UK continued to decline after the variant was discovered?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Has anyone in the media asked the doctors, public health officials or the government why cases and hospital census in the UK continued to decline after the variant was discovered?
Canada is so small and owned by so few as i have learned over da years that our media really never fully deeply gets into an issue da way I would like them too ... I have seen it with so many hockey stories over da years where they have to fall in their lap for them to assess ... i bet not one single media person even called Pfizer directly and asked if there was a 2 week production stoppage in their Belgium plant ... we have such a lame duck media group ... same with calling UK health ministry to understand what occurred after variant developed there ... seems to me like they stopped all movement of vaccines from Oxford and started like US did massively hitting people with da shots ... and quite frankly I don't blame UK or USA for doing what they did ... or Israel for paying more and buying enough doses to inoculate everyone ... to me all 3 were smart ... we made some serious drama teacher moves on da entire vaccine front and I am a Liberal who will never vote Trudeau again ... I had no idea he was so weak

Reactions: Confucius

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Lockdowns work.
let’s pretend.... Especially if millions of people in distant and not so distant lands are not locked down in order to provide the survival needs for you.

Exercise for you

Make a list of every item you’ve purchased in the past year and think of all the people you have put at risk of dying for your pleasure....Not too mention the sports you watch.....tsk tsk tsk.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Feb 29th 2020 on NBC Today Show.....

“Right now, at this moment in time, there is no need to change anything that you are doing on a day to day basis”

Dr. Anthony Fauci

Remember he is the expert and we looked to him for guidance.
Would you believe they learn new stuff about the virus everyday. Shocking I know.

Reactions: Jojalu

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
When Fauci, Tam, Hajdu, Cuomo, DeBlasio, even Ford, were saying these things, Taiwan, SK, NZ, Australia were shutting their borders. The results speak for themselves. This isn't hindsight. It was willful blindness.
I understand that. But I also know had they shut everything down and locked us all down back in March the uproar from everyone would be much worse then it is now. The "Freedom fighters" would never let that happen.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I understand that. But I also know had they shut everything down and locked us all down back in March the uproar from everyone would be much worse then it is now. The "Freedom fighters" would never let that happen.

So you're saying they played us? But that's not really what I'm talking about. Some of of those people literally encouraged us to go out and mingle and live normally. That has nothing to do with "freedom fighters", that's them not having any clue whatsoever but they're "the experts" that our leaders are deferring to.

Let me put it this way: the "experts" say clean out your peanut butter jar before putting it into the recycling bin. What do you think has a bigger environmental impact: that plastic jar ending up in a landfill or the amount of tap water it would take to clean it out? Answer that honestly and you'll know where you stand with the "experts".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad